Rainbow Dash's Sexuality?

MisterChippy

GUYS!!! I figured it out! It's been in front of us the entire time!

Drumrollllllll!!!

Rainbow Dash is gay... for Braeburn!

Because everypony is gay for Braeburn.

Well I didn't see that one coming.

But on a real note here I guess Rainbow Dash would be straight since she was dancing with Soarin' at the wedding and she did save his pie for him which is his true love. In all honesty I really don't know much about the sexuality conversation, She can be whatever she wants to be in my opinion. (even though it's a fictional character you catch my drift)

• 1 year later...

All I have to say is that I think that most people just think shes gay because she has a multi-colored tail and main. Some people think most gays like bright colors and are alway happy. Some gays struggle with there life since some people are against gay marriage. Personally, I do not think RD is gay. I will not believe it unless the show reveals her sexuality. PD is just a tomboy. Thas all I think personally.

• 2 weeks later...

Who isn't gay for Braeburn?

But no! Rainbow dash is not lesbian, nor Straight!

SHE IS.... SHE IS...... SHE IS........ ATTRACTED TO RAINBOW DASH!

Think about it? She is boosting her ego constantly, and keep talking about herself!

If it's not that, she's lesbian for drum roll.... Daring Doo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen no evidence either way, and I don't want to see any. It's not a big part of her character. Besides, isn't it more fun not knowing?

I would agree except that the rest of the fandom uses it to attack anyone who likes RD... of course if they did reveal she was bi/lesbian it would just fuel the trolls and lead to a massive drop in popularity of her merchandise (since so many males are homophobic and would destroy their RD merch and refust to buy anymore) on the other paw, if they say she's straight they will lose a lot of fans in the LGBT community both because RD's not gay and also because that made the show have zero LGBT characters which would make it 'offensive' to them...

Therefore, I don't think we'll ever know (and honestly I hope we don't because it's such a charged topic that it will lead to a SEVERE Broken Base no matter how they slice it...

• 2 weeks later...

I know Im not the only one who find the great Rainbow Dash sexuality debate rather silly. I'd prefer it if people would stop assuming she's a lesbian because of her mane and tail colors are rainbows. Until we find some definite proof of what her sexuality (which I doubt will happen any time soon), I say leave her alone.

Until season 4 I don't recall sexuality even being hinted at for any of the ponies. I'm actually not keen they even bought it up in the show in the first place be honest.

Of course fanon sexualizing of the show has been around since day 1 since this show did get popular on 4chan.

SC_47_MLPFiM-15_07_Gummy!.jpg

I know Im not the only one who find the great Rainbow Dash sexuality debate rather silly. I'd prefer it if people would stop assuming she's a lesbian because of her mane and tail colors are rainbows. Until we find some definite proof of what her sexuality (which I doubt will happen any time soon), I say leave her alone.

I don't think people are judging her by her mane and tail style. Looking at the posts, people judge her by her personality and from events in the series. I guess you are right about how weird it is talking about whether Dash is gay.

Well, since this topic ain't gonna die down, meaning, me adding a comment will not really prevent it from dying down, as in, I am not resurrecting this topic... I'll add this informative cracked.com article.

WARNING: CRACKED IS ADDICTIVE AND REALLY INTERESTING, AS IN, NOT STUPID CLICKBAIT... so if you are not good at resisting interesting knowledge... then maybe try to resize the browser window if yor browser has resizable windows or cover up the sides that talk show other article titles. Especially if you are on a strict schedule today and can't let time pass by.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19780_5-gender-stereotypes-that-used-to-be-exact-opposite.html

I'll also just quote #2.

As recently as the 1930s, "manly" women (that is, women who enjoyed sports and acted like tomboys) were seen as dangerously slutty straight chicks, the kind of crazy girls who show off their tramp-stamps by dancing on tables and refusing to get along with your mom, no matter how much effort she puts into her pie.

I personally think that Rainbow Dash is the second least likely of the Mane 6, after Rarity, to be a lesbian.

Some of it is because of the cute ironic moments she has with Soarin, in which he is like a male damsel in distress sort of thing.

I don't think people are judging her by her mane and tail style. Looking at the posts, people judge her by her personality and from events in the series. I guess you are right about how weird it is talking about whether Dash is gay.

Yeah, but I wouldnt equate her tomboy personality as "obvious 100% lesbian". That to me honestly sounds offensive. :/

Yeah, but I wouldnt equate her tomboy personality as "obvious 100% lesbian". That to me honestly sounds offensive. :/

Don't take it in a serious way :) no one said she was obviously lesbian. I'd say that tomboy is the right word