(Ponyville) Orienteering, and the demand for coffee (PM for invite)

Hurricane

By now, a number of ponies had went silent at somepoint when Dash began her story, and a few even stood up after Neame's explanation.They formed a circle around Cutlass and Muffin Top as Neame began pulling her tubes out and pointing out the discrepancies in Dash's story to many attentive faces. Even the cashier, who probably hadn't seen a more profitable day than this looked particularly interested in what was being discussed.

Cutlass couldn't help but marvel at the architecture, how the gryphon's knowledge of geometry was put to such use. Even she, who hated math passionately could appreciate the originality and beauty of the work, The immaculate pyramids, and towering gryphon-shaped structures gave way to breathtaking views.

Wanderlust waited for nopony though, and Cutlass knew that the more time they spent on the history lesson, the more time they were wasting and giving Frame time to track them down. Not that she couldn't handle a few guards, or fifty for that matter, but they had to be taking their leave soon enough to find Twilight Sparkle.

"I see the crucial context of our mission now," said Cutlass, looking between Muffin and Neame, "but if we spend any longer here, we may lose the chance to resolve any of this." She turned, "I think it's time we went to see Twilight, Rainbow Dash. We can't afford to tarry much more."

A brief pause.

"And in before I have to buy you more coffee. Not that I mind." she said, facehoofing at the idea of how light her bag was getting.

Muffin Top only heard bits and pieces of what Neame was say as he enjoyed his muffin, or at least the top of it. What he did pick up on, he didn't understand very much of, but he did help Neame out during her explanation, holding down the rolled-up parchment as the griffoness laid it out on the table. He was, however, very much impressed by Neame's elaborate painting, especially considering that up until a few months ago, the only paintings he'd ever seen were a couple rural farm themed paintings that hung around the house that he grew up in.

Apparently, he wasn't the only one that was interested in Neame's painting, as Muffin noticed a sizeable crowd of ponies gathering around them. He couldn't help but feel somewhat nervous, not really used to being the center of attention, even if they were paying more attention to Neame than him. He tried his best to ignore the other ponies as he munched on his muffin, unaware of the fact that he was getting crumbs all over Neame's painting. Muffin then noticed that Neame had stopped talking and was now looking at him, prompting him to simply smile as he replied, "Er, I didn't really understand much of what ya said, Neame. But this is a mighty fine paintin' ya got here!" said, finishing up the rest of his muffin as Cutlass spoke. He had a bit of an easier time following what the mare was saying, nodding his head in agreement with her. "Yep, from what I heard 'bout her when I was here for Winter Wrap-Up, this Twilight sounded like one smart pony. So I recokon she oughta be able help us outta this pickle we're in." Muffin said cheerfully as he looked around once again at their spectators. "Uh… Ya think they'll wanna come too?" he said, pointing his hoof at crowd of ponies.

Rainbow Dash didn't care about the historical innaccuracies of her story. At the moment, she wasn't caring about anything. Wonderful, hot, refreshing, energizing coffee was passing through her lips, lingering on her palate, spilling down her throat and warming her stomach ... she took a long, long, careful but long sip of the hot liquid, and then set it back down on the table with a satisifed sigh and a blissful smile. "Coffee," she explained.

She bent over and peered at the image before her. The art was ... a little lost on her, but she could see the crown, yup, sure enough. "Man, this sounds like the plot of a Daring Do novel." She thought about that a moment, then grinned. "This is kinda cool! All righty, well, yeah, I can bring you to Twilight, no prob. I guess I'm kinda curious now, too."

She glanced around at the onlookers. "But, um ... probably just us. Twilight gets kinda ... touchy ... if there's too many ponies in her library. She likes it to be *quiet* in there. She even flinches when I'm over there hangin', just the two of us, and I make too much noise!"

She picked up her coffee again, cradling it protectively, and her wings flapped to carry her to the door, and out. "Just careful of my coffee, 'kay?"

Neame nodded her head with a smile. She turned to the amassed crowd, and tapped a claw against her beak. "Hmm... I'm afraid we can't let you come with us... but how about I leave this here, a Neferset original, to brighten up the shop?" she said, to a chorus of cheers and whoops. The shopkeep looked on angrily, but once informed of how many bits one might sell a Neferset painting for, he quickly changed his mind. "Miss Dash, please lead the way to this Twilight's place!" she said with a raise of her claw.

(Continued at: )