Kirby hates everything he does.

Kirby Krackle

JET WINGS?!? POWER ARMOR!?!? oh what's that brain? shove a laser beam on the boots? well that WOULD go with the theme now, wouldn't it? huh? Infra-red visor over the Grecian helmet too? ohhhhh nooooooo, that would... ROCKET JUMP-START PADS ON THE REAR HOOVES!?! that's crazy, be quiet idea spewer, let Kirby work. but SRSLY now, that design belongs in a futuristic role-play, very well done in my opinion. Keeps the art varied. nice

does Stalliongrad still exist in it? the mountainous terrain would provide (hypothetically) useful rare materials for the futuristic machinery and other stuff like that

I haven't planned out much in the ways of geography yet, except in Manehattan, our setting. But that's for later. While I haven't drawn anything post worth today, I figured I would upload things I drew ages ago that aren't post worthy. Mainly some doodles I've done on my lunch breaks at work. Twilight and the gang find themselves working at a Barnes and Noble. One panel nonsense ensues. It's all unfinished and shoddy and done in maybe five minutes time between Big Mac and French Fries. Bleh.

img015.jpg

img016.jpg

img017.jpg

img018.jpg

img019.jpg

img020.jpg

img021.jpg

That comic. My old job working at Hastings, so much. Hastings is a lot like Barnes and Noble, but on a smaller scale.

Bathroom?

All the way in the back.

Do you know the newest CD from this artist?

No, I work in books, but I can send you to music.

Can you help me find a movie?

I suppose so. *Is actually IN the book section, not movies.*

I need a Star Wars book.

You better have a title.

Gah, and around Christmas we were selling tablets, and I had to get people to buy them. I got a small commission for each one I sold though. I also had to teach a lot of the employees and some managers on how to use them. Seriously, we're selling a product and don't know how it works? Although tablets were fairly new at that time. Eh.

• 3 years later...

October 4th, 2012. Huh. Well. Here we are. Three years later. And it has come to my attention that there are people digging about in this thread, sniffing about my old work. Well, I bet you wanted to know if I practiced. If I improved. Neither of those things happened. Here are more drawings. I hate them. As per the thread topic.

Cyber212292015_zpstyawjqah.jpg

Cyber112292015_zpsplsh3djw.jpg

For the Whovians here, I have a strange crush on the Cybermen as a concept. The story of the planet Mondas and its people is a beautiful and tragic one, handled extremely well in some episodes and like garbage in others. Upon listening to the Spare Parts audio drama, I realized something about the 'Less vs More robotics' debate many Whovians have: it doesn't matter. It was an audio drama. Tell a good story and they'll be scary. Doesn't matter what they look like, save the handlebars. More on the Cybermen later.

Curtains12292015_zpseloimfnp.jpg

"This Whiskey Sour won't refill itself", said an unfinished doodle of my main OC Curtain Call. He's not usually anthro.

Nightowl12292015_zpsk1ccgaca.jpg

In an old Pathfinder game I played here, Luna was one of the gods you could worship. Naturally. But her portfolio was lacking. So I began work on a Dream domain. This is Nightowl, the Cleric I was building around it.

Shoobedoo12292015_zpssugriaxw.jpg

Shoo be doo. Shoo shoo be doo.

SilverLining12292015_zpspinwfbi5.jpg

CCI11112015_0001_zpsc7atm8p1.jpg

SilverLining312292015_zpsdvvgqg1p.jpg

SilverLining212292015_zpswswdnirb.jpg

Here is later.

This is Silver Lining. She is from an AU I've been cooking up for some time. Imagine if the planet Mondas was the twin to MLP's Earth, and it was the gravitational shenanigans of Nightmare Moon that knocked it out of orbit. She is cheery and optimistic and tin plated and in love and the only thing keeping a small colony of a few hundred Cybers living in the badlands from giving into despair and turning the emotional inhibitor back on. Many short fictions have been written about her. She's a favorite. And I hate her too.

IMG_1394_zpsnf0dqvz5.jpg

Spoilers.

Awesome!  Anthro Curtain Call looks great - good posture, good emotion.  Really solid.  I hate hands, too.

Awwwww!  It's Nightowl!  She's a sweetheart!  <3

Ohmigosh, that's Shoobidorable!

<3  Ahhhh, Silver Lining.  What an absolute sweetheart.  Her third pose is adorable, and I love her design in the second piece.

Thank you so much for more art!  ^_^

DTd3qlw.jpg

Once again, hate. Also, it's "Spoilers" again. So, that's Curtain Call in the iron grip of... somepony. This is the version where he's a superhero during the Great Depression.

By the way, the snake she's based on is this.

nDJj4V4.jpg

So, if I had any skill at all at coloring (or drawing), she'd look like this.

• Like 1