[Canterlot] A Royal Pain - Act 1: Put up your Dukes

[sorry for my disappearance, been away.]

Muggo' Ale took the map from Blueblood with a nod, storing it temporarily in a pocket of his vest. It stuck out at a strange angle, but at least it wasn't going to get creased or lost. As a friend had once told him on a trip, you never fold the map. He'd put a crease through Canterlot once doing that.

The plan in place to commandeer a boat, he nodded to Blueblood and followed him and Fire over to see the Captain. He couldn't help but grin at the verbal thrashing the Prince gave the poor kid out front. He may be a bit full of hot air at times, but Muggo' had to admit, he had a commanding presence if he needed it. When called upon for the map, he produced it readily.

"I'd give the prince control over one o' the chariots, if'n I were ya," he directed to the captain with a laugh, unrolling the map and hoofing it over to Blueblood.

And with that, he simply waited for further instructions. To him, it might have seemed like folly, but he was up for a great adventure. And he really, really wanted to bop the griffon that'd glued him down across the beak, because that hadn't been the most comfortable of situations. Yes, revenge would be sweet...once they finally got the diary, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: Sorry, Everyone. I have been unable to get in and do anything for two weeks. I'm wondering if I want to continue the story, as it takes so long for a round of replies.)

The captain was thouroughly brow-beaten, and replied with nothing more than a "Yesir, I mean your Highness!"

A few moments later found the group on the cargo deck, and the captain's gig being deployed. A two seater, two teamster chariot, similar to the Royal palace ones (it was even by the same chariot makers, Rolls & Flyes) but decorated in White Horn line livery. Normally it was used for short range travel by non-pegasus officers. It was also well maintained, and Tin Pan had somehow managed, despite the chaos, to prepare and send down a pack of food from the galley for later, and some unserved food from the aborted lunch, so the two pegasi had a chance to get their strength up.

The Cupid's crew was capable, and had it rigged in a few moments, quickly adjusting the harness for the standard Royal Guard armour attachment points. Blueblood used a sticking charm, to attach the map to the inside of the antyx, the curved wall at the front, where it was easily visible and unlikely to be blown away. He cast a glance over the two pegasi.

"Leiutenant, we are in your wings. Are you and Dunder ready? Once we leave, we won't be stopping."

Fire Walker made absolute sure the light brown coated stallion's wounds were taken care of before they even considered starting the mission. "That wound of yours is not getting any better Dunder. If we are forced to do battle against any of those pirates during our little job, and they notice your bandages, they're going to take full advantage.", either a potion or unicorn healing magic would do the trick, and if the wound was still noticeable, she would have it covered by clothing or a piece of matching armor. (I'm pretty sure one of his legs was wounded..) After a visit to the ship's doctor, Dunder's wound was taken care of, but the tell-tale signs of a previous injury had to be covered up. The resourceful Pegasus mare was able to find a suitable pair of leg Chausses that fit the stallion. The colours didn't match just right, but they would at least make it look like he was simply wearing extended armor.

As they made their way towards the cargo deck, the mare spoke up, "Eh, Dunders, back after we drove the rest of those sky pirates and you kissed me. That was a bit more than your usual 'buddy kiss'.", she lowered her voice, "I rather liked it. Maybe once we're finished with this whole mission and we get a moment together, we s-should just talk.", she stammered as her cheeks started to flush a little redder, "Just the two of us. No Muggo's and no Prince..er..princes..es...Just the two of us.". She wanted to continue down this line of inquiry, but even the casual walk to the deck didn't take very long. Before they entered, she gave a kiss on the cheek, "This one's for good luck sport.", before she entered the room with the others.

A quick lunch and a trip to the ship's restroom and Fire Walker was ready. She made a proper audit of their chariot to make sure everything was in place, and as she helped her wing-mate into his harness, "Yes, your grace. Have you devised any plans on how we can sneak into the pirate's lair undetected? The skies looked a little on the cloudy side, so if we keep behind those during our flight, we might not stick out so much."

(OOC: Sorry guys, I've lost the character due to inactivity. I really don't feel like running through the approvals process again. After what happened with Cloudius, I've soured on the excessive level of control this site puts on players in the WoE. With Cloudius, a new ability which was later shown to be canon, altering the density of clouds so that non-pegasi could interact with them, was jumped on for being over-powered and having not been demonstrated in the show. I'm quite willing toi take this over to the Free-for-all board to keep it alive.)

(OOC: Ugh. I was afraid of that. I noticed Blueblood listed in the 'open' section while trying to find out who was using Dr Hooves the other day. How hard is it to resubmit? As for Free-For-All..I guess we could have this moved over there..Private section..Or even do this in the PM section.)

(I'm not sure what the ratio is for posts per month, or week is, but he had to use Blueblood or he will lose him. Thankfully these rules tend to be just for the cannon characters)