(Canterlot) Night's Patrol (Open)

Lux

(OOC: Say hello to my new pony!)

It was night in Canterlot, and the moon was shining in the sky, illuminating the streets and buildings. Practically all of the ponies had closed up their businesses and had gone home for the day. Only a few restaurants and entertainment places remained open at this hour. The streets remained desolate, well, except for one pony.

Night Watcher left her barracks on the grounds of the castle and headed out towards the surrounding city. The pegasus mare was clad in silvery armor bearing the royal crest of Princess Luna and the Lunar Guard. She looked up at the moon and gave a nod to it, as if to salute the Princess of the Night.

Normally a sergant would not be out on patrol of the streets of Canterlot, but with the recent Changling attack during the wedding of Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, security was still high in the capital. This meant that somepony other than a private had to be out. And that somepony this time was Night Watch.

A quiet clacking echoed from the emptied storefronts and through the quiet streets as a steel-grey colt trotted over the cobblestone streets. The rusted and pitted gear, hanging from the a length of twine, swayed from side-to-side as he made his way down the street the deserted boulevard. A half-frozen gust of wind rushed down the street, tousling the young colt's short leather-brown mane and tail. A sudden shudder ran through Gearly's form, either from the bitter cold of night or from being by his lonesome so soon after the assault on Canterlot.

His brisk trot paused, looking up toward the bright moon, Gearly quietly cursed his foolish decision to leave his vest behind. "Ho-horse feathers! I-it got-t cold f-fast...", he mumbled to no pony in particular. He quickly regretted uttering any noise at all, fearful a stray changling would be attracted by the sound, the scent of his breath, or whatever other senses the abominations used to hunt their prey. Quickly, Gearly started to a canter, only slightly faster than before, having spooked himself into getting inside as quickly as possible.

As Night made her way down the streets, she stopped. She could have sworn she heard something or spesifically somepony saying something. She shrugged off the notion as it was most likely the wind. It was a particularly chilly night, and even through the thickness of the armor she was wearing, the pony resisted the urge to shiver.

It was then she saw something small quickly darting past her, too small to be an adult pony. It was also moving fast, as indicated by its hoofbeats. Night Watcher surmised that it was moving at a canter. Whoever or whatever this thing was, it was either spooked by something or had ill intention. Night hoped that it wasn't the later.

"Halt," Night called out to the greyish shape, "who goes there?" She hoped that would do the trick to get whatever it was to stop. Otherwise things would be getting very interesting.

Rain Maker had left Ponyville a few days ago, destination...wherever. Her wings had taken her to Canterlot first, the city being the closest to her last location.

She'd been in her hotel that evening, but sleep was nowhere to be found for the young author. She tossed and turned in bed, but eventually just got up and stepped out into the night for a walk. Maybe the cool breeze would help clear her head. Rain Maker left her saddlebags at home, figuring she would be able to remember anything interesting if she wanted to note anything down for that evening.

The night was gorgeous. Rain Maker actually loved the night, and Luna's moon. Everything seemed so different then. She looked up at the sky and smiled, not noticing much the cold out...she was used to it, being a pegasus and all, she was used to being up high where the air was cold. She turned the corner, humming softly to herself, and as she stepped out into the street, lost in thought (which was how she never heard the hoofsteps), she ran straight into a grey pony who had been running. She let out a yelp of surprise, more from the fact she hadn't expected to see anypony else out other than the guards, and this wasn't a guard. "Ah! Oh, sorry..." she apologized, trying to extract herself from the jumble of hooves that was her and the colt. Rain Maker stood and shook her mane out to fix it up a little. "You okay?" As she got up, she heard a voice...judging by the authority, that of a guard.

"A big bad monster!" she teased with a giggle. "Just kidding. I'm out for a walk, when I accidentally ran into this colt here." she explained to the figure of the guard in that impressive looking Night Guard armour.

[Edited as I accidentally hive-minded with Lux and didn't see his post.]

The sudden impact with the pegasus sent Gearly tumbling over the ground in a jumbled heap, his corroded gear about his neck clinking on the cobble of the road as it came to meet the ground. Dazed and confused, he spontaneous meeting caused the poor colt to nearly leap out of his pelt as he scrambled to put distance between the unknown obstruction and himself. In a fit of panic, mistaking the accident for an attack by a rogue changeling, he managed to call out a few words of discouragement, riddled with fear, "Y-you'll not e-eat me monster!"

Pulling his form from the ground, Gearly quickly stood, poised to bolt from the "attacker" but instead finding a blue-grey mare with a pare of wings sprouting from he sides. A sigh of relief escaped his lips and he began to speak before catching himself; could this not be a changeling in disguise? But why would a monstrous changeling apologize and proceed to ask if he was okay. Dropping his guard, for just a moment, Gearly dusted himself off, quickly mumbling an apology of his own, "Sorry, d-din't mean tah bump i-intah ya..." The stress of the moment frazzled him to the point he'd let his country accent slip through his normally very precise pronunciation.

The commanding voice of a pony unseen caused the poor colt to jump once again, yelping out in alarm and darting slightly toward the only other pony in sight, a "safety in numbers" mentality taking hold. Pausing a few paces away from, the as of yet unknown, Rain Maker, Gearly let out a weak chuckle and called out into the darkness, his voice wavering and uncertain, "N-nopony important, ju-just a lost traveler..."

(OOC: Thinking like me Sturmmann? That's kind of dangerous, isn't it?)

Suddenly Night Watcher saw the creature in question colliding with another shape down the road. Well, at least she didn't have to chase after whatever it was. Was it that somepony attacked the figure, assuming it was a changeling/ Or was it just an accident as even with the moon out it was still dark.

A voice called out with a giggle that it was a monster. Night was not very pleased at that comment, especially after recent events. She also wasn't happy that the other individual, the one she first met, was now scared. Approaching the two, Night noticed that the one was a earth pony colt and looked very timid, clinging to another pony. The other was a pegasus mare.

"You know you shouldn't be saying things about monsters," Night said sternly to the pegasus, "If you don't recall, this fair city was recently under attack from changelings, and many ponies are still upset about that." She then turned to the colt with a calmer yet still serious tone. "But fear not about any changelings being here, for I and the rest of the Lunar Guard will watch over the night in Canterlot. So, with fears aside, what are your names?"

A cloud of steam-like air flew into the sky. It certainly was quite a chilly night. Ardent was pleased that he thought earlier and 'improved' his armor to provide additional warmth. He stared into the distance, walking the empty streets of magnificent Canterlot. Such an active place at day, but nighttime changed it into something one couldn't simply describe with words. But, more importantly, it provided required cover. Ardent still remembered a heavy conflict he had with REA just before the changeling invasion. It didn't seem that REA approach towards Destriers would change much after latest events but, well, you could never know. Still, Will decided to visit Canterlot mainly during nights. Lunar Guards seemed to be a lot more reliable than daily forces, considering that they didn't manage to "boogie themselves in their own glory" yet, as Destrier would say.

Another steam cloud flew up. Will really hated requests from Canterlot. But his oaths obligated him to answer them nevertheless, no matter the costs. Destriers had to work for the well-being of society, putting personal feelings away. In the moment he was marching down the streets, he heard noises coming from nearby location. His senses instinctively sharpened up. Canterlot was overall safe city, but, considering latest events, there was always a risk. And Ardent still remembered fighting off invaders with his very own hooves... Pegasus approached the corner and leaned out. Normally, he'd face the danger head on and taunt it to face him openly. But tonight he wasn't expecting he'd need his Destrier gear, therefore all he had was his ceremonial armor. The situation required... "Creativity." - he smiled to himself, finding an excuse.

To his relief and disappointment, there was only a group of ponies spreading chaos in local vicinity. One of them strictly being a guard. Ardent trotted towards them calmly, observing the situation from under his helmet. It was his duty to investigate, even if his presence would be greeted with hostility by the guard. As he approached the group, he turned to the guard directly, with silent and calm voice. It was night, after all. "Is it typical in this city to spoil such a wonderful night, a gift from our beloved Princess Luna?" - Will eyed over two remaining ponies - "Is there any problem here?"

[Just like crossing the streams, Lux. But I live dangerously :3]

Rain Maker let out a snort of laughter at the colt's words. Of course she wasn't going to eat him...she wasn't a real monster. She smiled sincerely at his apology. "Ah, no worries, kid. It's dark out. And mostly my fault, got my head in the clouds all the time." she apologized. There was no harm done, neither of them had gotten hurt. She giggled again at Gearly's surprise from the voice of the guard, especially with the way he darted toward her for protection.

She addressed the guard after she spoke. "Fair enough. Sorry. But really...do you think a changeling would say it's a monster and invite suspicion?" she pointed out.

"My name's Rain Maker." she said to the question, smiling. Before she could add anything else or ask a question of her own, another pony joined the group, also wearing armour but of a style she'd never seen before. She tilted her head for a moment as he spoke, then smirked.

"Nah, it's only typical when I'm in town." she joked. "No, no problems. Just having a nice walk and a chat with some ponyfolk."

**Three pegasi and Gearly, an earth pony... Coulda sworn Canterlot was a unicorn city!**

His face grew hot and red, flushing darkly as he realized both his proximity to and the words of the stranger, addressing him as "kid"; Gearly stepped away from Rain Maker, giving the winged mare some personal space as he looked down, thoroughly embarrassed and briefly dusted bits of debris and dust from his pelt. Then, with great visible effort, Gearly took a deep breath, holding it for a few short moments, forcing himself to catch his breath and calm his raging mind. Regaining a modicum of his usual composure, Gearly delved into his mind, doing best to recall the proper etiquette for a big city like Canterlot. Nervously, Gearly stepped toward the guard and smiled warmly, raising a hoof to hold it out toward the Lunar Guard in greeting.

"E-evening, miss... My name is Gearly. Beg your pardon for all the...ruckus." The previous country drawl from his fit of panic was all but gone, replaced by precisely enunciated and carefully chosen words. The gear strung about his neck swayed ever so slightly from side to side, a pendulum retaining just the smallest part of energy from the jostling and movement moments prior. His mane, normally a mess, was hardly helped by the cool night breezes nor the clumsy accident from seconds ago. At this close distance, even in the poor lighting of the moon-lit night, every pony could see numerous tiny scars running up and down the lower part of Gearly's front legs as well as the chunk of flesh missing from his left ear. It seemed as though this colt had seen far better days, but his acutely battered and scarred visage did not seem to bother him in the least.

Night Watcher listened to what Rain Maker said about changelings. She seemed to be a little too carefree for Night's tastes. Carelessness, be it with the tongue or force, could prove to be dangerous. "Well met, Rain Maker. I supposed a changeling would not. But neverthelessone can't be too careful about changelings. If a changeling was able to mimic a princess, then acting as a pony could be easy. But I digress."

She then turned to Gearly. The Lunar Guard was surprised that he was scarred like that as a colt. Something must have happened to cause that, but Night knew when not to probe further into somepony's history. "And well met to you too, Gearly. I can understand how you would be afraid at this hour at night, but rest assured that Canterlot is safe."

Night Watcher then noticed that a third pony had appeared. He was dressed in gold armor, yet not like the REA standard armor, and unlike the functional armor that she was accustomed to this was ceremonial. Yet he did know about Luna mentioning how the chaos of the three meeting disturbed her night. "I agree that squabbling can disturb the peace, yet as Rain said, it was a misunderstanding. You seem to know much about Luna and yet you do not bear the armor of the Royal Equestrian Army. Who are you exactly, and what militia do you belong to?" This pony didn't appear to be a threat, but he was unknown to Night, leading the the excess scrutiny.

It was an odd situation. Upon closer inspection on the group, Ardent realized that the color scheme of everypony gathered suited that subtle atmosphere of night. Black, silvery, grayish and blue-grayish... Will raised an eyebrow and shrugged on this thought, before returning his attention to the group. He turned to the guard mare, as it turned out. He'd most probably address her like she was a stallion, if not her voice. Destrier cursed his ignorance in this matter in mind before replying with typical, heavy soldier's voice: "I see... Very well then. As for my personal details and adhesion... I am, as you accurately stated, not a part of REA forces. I'm brother apothecary of Destriers chapter. My knowledge about Princess Luna flows from our oaths and codex, in which we promise to remain loyal to royal family and protect them even with cost of our lives." - Ardent stated those facts firmly. After his last visit in Canterlot, he learned to present his chapter from best side possible first, before REA troops remember that this certain chapter is outside some of their laws, often being treated like dangerous freelancers - "You shouldn't have fear, it is my duty, just like yours, to protect this city. Feel free to call me Ardent." - he added. Nighttime really had a relaxing influence on his mind...

After few sentences of explanation, Destrier allowed himself to take a closer look upon the two remaining ponies. One was a Pegasus mare, quite common sight... everywhere. However weird it may seem to chat with others at night, it didn't bother Ardent that much. He saw a lot more weird behaviors in past. And that other one was clearly an earth pony... ...that was all what Ardent could say for sure. Everything else was nothing more than a riddle to him. That pony did look suspicious, in fact, he currently looked like through last few days he got struck with bad luck. And nothing more, to be honest. Will moved strictly to the point, frowning a bit as he pointed a hoof at ... well, different parts of earth pony. "Mind explaining what's with all that... scrap?" - Will felt air around him becoming a bit cooler. He wasn't sure if it was a typical weather effect, or just that weird feeling he often had when readying himself for various events which may occur. He remained cautious, observing the pony in front of him carefully.

Rain Maker nodded. She figured it would probably be best not to joke around anymore with the guards. They didn't seem the very casual, joking types after all. She looked over at Gearly and smiled, nudging him with a hoof. "No harm, no foul, right? Nopony got hurt, so no need to apologize." she said with a smile. She wasn't put off by it at all...mistakes did happen once in a while, especially when it was dark out and hard to see where you were walking. Then the other pony, the stallion in the strange armour spoke, and it caught her attention.

Ardent, the pegasus in front of her, was a Destrier? The name sounded familiar...she wracked her brain for a moment until it hit her. Those were the elite of the elite. She let out a soft gasp of admiration, her mind working on overtime to note down things like the stallion's demeanour, the style of armour he wore...all things she could use for her book. She was so distracted she only heard his voice, not the words the Destrier was saying. She came back to the present, noting that he was talking to the colt. She looked over, seeing for the first time the scars all over the young pony's body. She chuckled. "Get into a tussle?" she asked casually.

As Gearly quietly listened and observed the conversation of the two guard strangers, his form seemed to shrink away, far more than intimidated by two such imposing guards. He slowly slunk towards Rain Maker, the friendliness of the civilian pegasus a welcome contrast when compared to the almost brooding seriousness of the two guards. Yes, it was true, there were strange ponies out walking the streets of Canterlot.... At night... After a full scaled invasion of Equestria's capitol... By an enemy that could appear as any pony. Gearly's ears pinned back against his head as he shrunk back further, realizing the somber and serious guards had, more than likely, the right mind set for this particular scenario.

Hearing the Lunar Guard address his obvious concern, Gearly smiled politely and nodded his thanks, hoping he didn't seem insincere; a guard's job was no doubt hard, something he would be unable to do, and he was thankful for those that served. The following two comments directed toward Gearly were odd queries that, upon reflection, he was surprised he'd not been prepared for. After a few short moments of thought, he sat his hind quarters upon the cool cobble pavement of the avenue and glanced down to the rusted gear dangling from his neck, having mistaken the guard's question for a query into the trinket about his neck.

"Good sir, I...would not call this trinket... "scrap." It's a memory, reminding me of who am I and what I'm doing and why. As for your question, Miss Rain," Gearly turned to the friendly pegasus, smiling warmly to her, glad to have someone at the very least half-friendly nearby, "I've had these-" Gearly motioned to the minute scars crisscrossing his legs. "For years; sticking your hooves in places they don't belong can end up fairly painful, but when something broke down on my folk's farm... I was the only one who would even try to fix it. Got more than my fair share of cuts and bruisers from being on the wrong end of gears, springs, and axles. That's...actually why I'm out here in Canterlot..." Gearly trailed off, his eyes fogging slightly as he remembered the family he'd left in Solstice Heights, an experience that seemed almost a lifetime away, though it'd been just a few short weeks.

Night Watcher listedned to the strange armored pony, as he gave his explanation. She then heard the word Destrier. Night hadn't actually met one in person as she did now, but she heard stories, mainly from the idle chat of privates on break. Yet all of the information conflicted. Some said that the Destriers were a secret group of the REA sworn to protect the princesses. Others said that they were not related to the REA, just some vigillante group. But theres were just tales and Night was just concerned at the state of the Lunar Guard. Now that a Destrier had appeared, Night was interested to know within the stories which was the truth.

"Forgive me for not knowing this Ardent, but are the Destriers part of the REA? If so, than what is their function? Are they meant to be a special division or operate separate from the REA?"

As Night waited for the answer, the pegasus named Rain seemed just as interested in this armored pony as Night was. How she knew about the Destriers she didn't know. Gearly then explained that his injuries were due to his occupation of working on machines. "While I am not condoning getting injured, I am pleased to hear that you injuries were due to your occupation rather than other means."

Ardent listened to an explanation concerning 'scrap' with growing curiosity. And barely those few sentences made him completely change his mind about this pony. A memory? Reminder of who he was? It sounded like somepony he knew, it sounded like... himself. He threw a fleeting stare at a sapphire in his armor. The armor, reminding him of his most important duties and at once being an important relic of his past. Although Ardent didn't wear many scars. His early colthood in Soggalong swamps paid him vastly, making him physically strong and strengthening his senses. Will nodded with clearly visible approval: "Truly, society would greatly benefit if more ponies like you took care of things on their own."

He turned to the Lunar Guard afterwards, as the second mare seemed to be currently... floating away with her thoughts. "The Destriers have nothing to do with REA. The roots of our chapter reach far in ponyfolk past, back to the times when earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi rivaled with themselves instead of living in peace together. But, to explain you why Destriers aren't so widely known anymore... after REA was brought to life in order to protect the Princess Celestia, our chapter started losing its importance. The REA was an official group, representing the laws of Canterlot, meanwhile our chapter was funded and hosted by private sectors. With the flow of time, the chapter ultimately lost its importance, and due to political machinations, REA started considering it as a real threat due to the fact we answered only in front of Princesses themselves. If you'd like to learn what REA thinks of Destriers... I guess you could ask Sergeant Reveille or Private Radiant Steel. I assure you, they'd have things to say about my chapter." - Pegasus took a breath after the explanation. He really tried to present long story short, but it still lacked plenty of facts. Yet, he was glad at least once he was able to enclose the chapter's past instead of being condemned at first sight. "Our goals are alike REA's. But, due to the fact they can't control us directly, REA doesn't want to accept our help quite often. Still, we will never break the given word and will always serve Princesses like we did so far." - he turned his head to the moon with nostalgia. Will was never given a chance to live in far past. The chapter really seemed to be recognizable back then. He blinked shaking his head. "No, no matter the times we live in, Destriers are always needed. And going against even greater odds will bring our chapter even greater glory in the end." - with this resolution, he cleared his doubts. World needed Destriers, even if REA didn't.

Miss Rain? Rain Maker giggled. "Please...Gearly, right? Rain, or Rain Maker's fine." she said with a smile. She hated when things got formal, so she didn't mind if she was simply called by Rain.

"Hmm. Not battle scars, huh? Too bad, you should totally change your story. You'd get all the fillies if you told them you got into epic battles every now and again." she joked with a laugh as the two soldiers spoke with each other.

She tuned in to listen to the speech being given by the Destrier, making more mental notes to possibly add a similar order to her story. Knights that worked for the good of the people, and for the sovereigns, but worked outside the established order. Interesting.

She kept quiet, not sure what to add, but wished she'd brought her saddlebags along, or at least one of the journals so she could write all this down. She hadn't expected to get some much inspiration.

Once Gearly finished the explanation of his scars and trinket, the stallion noticed that he was now, apparently, the center of attention for the group. The nervous mannerisms returned as his face flushed darkly, blood rushing to his face from embarrassment, unused to such attention from even a small group such as this. Awkwardly, the young stallion ((Retcon required - Me forgetting terms and what-not)) replied to each comment directed towards him, or uttered in response of his short-lived story.

"These... haven't so much been...from my occupation as...a preparation for it. I am not currently employed..." The words uttered from Gearlys mouth seemed almost pained and it was as if a sheet of mild melancholia had been lowered over the grey stallion as he continued, "I need to learn more before I can even consider earning bits with my interest; Trial and error can only take you so far." Visually becoming more confident as he talked, his posture becoming far less hunched over and standing to almost his full, yet still short, height, Gearly addressed the guard in the golden armor next, "I grew up on a farm, and if some pony there didn't take care of something, no one would. When you live in the middle of Solstice Heights, you learn how to handle yourself pretty quickly. It's so different here though....I wonder what Stalio...." The Stallion trailed of for a moment, his eyes cast toward the ground as he was lost in though, snapping from his reverie as Rain Maker commented on the story, a nervous stammer returning instantly to his voice. "O-oh, I...I couldn't lie like that...an-and... I-I...I'm not that good with..." His sentence was left unfinished as he stared down at the cobble of the street, his face burning with the life-blood coursing behind the pelt.

Night Watcher listened intently to Ardent Will's history. "So, the Destriers were first group to defend the land, even before Equestria was formed." He was a little leery about the fact that there was a group that was out doing the same thing as the REA without the REA's approval. But maybe Princess Celestia still knew about them, or that she even authorized their operation. "Well Equestria could always use ponies to defend the Princesses and the land. That is partly why I joined the Lunar Guard."

Night listened to Rain Maker's advice to ask Gearly to turn his story of how he got his scars into a war story. "Making up war stories is a very dishonorable thing to do for ponies such as me. There are some who had to give up much to defend Equestria, even their lives. Instead be thankful your scars were due to civilian activities."

Destrier felt a slight relief after seeing how his explanation was accepted and greeted with calm attitude. Will didn't know if the guard wasn't simply familiar with all the stories concerning Destriers and REA reactions on each other, or perhaps was just trying to pull information out of him. But she wasn't making any clear problems concerning his occupation, therefore he simply nodded with approval and a smile.

As the issue concerning his own persona seemed to be solved at last, Will allowed himself to tune his attention towards non-guard ponies finally, after hearing out earth one's answer. "Gearly... if I caught it right? I come from Soggalong Swamps myself. I know what does hard work mean, I even allow myself to say I know it much better than others." - knight's mind drifted away for a second, remembering his youth and the Destrier who shaped his future the way it was now. Will shook his head, realizing he lost his concentration for a moment. - "Anyway, why are you so tense? It's not like we're hostile towards you." - Ardent wasn't sure if this question hadn't been answered yet, but he was paying too much attention to the guard mare to be able to catch every single piece of information so far.

Finally, Ardent threw a stare at the civilian mare. He frowned, realizing he was nearly completely ignoring her while, as intuition prompted, she didn't ignore him. Though he had to notice how quiet she was towards his person. Will tilted his head, leaning it backward a bit. He wanted to ask her for details, but he suddenly changed his mind. Instead, Destrier simply raised an eyebrow in question. He wondered if she'll manage to understand this little gesture and answer it without a true question being stated yet. Unfortunately for himself, he forgot that this little gesture might be hard to notice under his helmet. So, as a final result, he only seemed to be staring at her in an odd position.

Rain Maker laughed at Gearly's embarrassment over her teasing. "Relax, I was kidding." she said with a giggle. She turned her attention to Night Watcher, chuckling. "That's not what I meant. Not war stories, just like, little battles. Like maybe he got that one-" she pointed a hoof at a random scar. "Fighting a manticore to save a beautiful mare or something." she joked.

"I know ponies have given it all to defend Equestria. Don't worry...I'm not taking a crack at them." she assured Night.

Rain Maker's attention was drawn then to the Destrier. She couldn't tell through the helmet, but she felt his eyes on her. She slowly turned her head to look at Ardent, looking into the eye-holes on his helmet. She was quiet for a moment, watching as he tilted his head strangely.

"What, got a crick in your neck?" she asked casually.

Onyx Wings was walking along the cobblestone path in Canterlot, her black wings folded against her side. She had been awake for almost 24 hours, she was missing a shipment of silver, and had to go and request the shipment in person. She had missed all the commotion in Canterlot, and was now walking the streets, dazed. Her caffeine rush was ending, and she was stumbling about. Accidently bumping into Night Watcher.

Gearly turned to Ardent, looking the guard over once after being asked the question of his timid nature. Briefly, he pondered if he should reveal the origin of his quiet personality; the scars upon his legs were not the only ones he was burdened to carry. As a young colt in school, he'd often been picked on, turning the grey pony away from social interaction. The only person he could truly call a friend had been the only person who had helped him during schooling, and she had been just as shy as he.

Gearly stood on the pavement, silent and unmoving, as he stared down at the cobble of the street, his eyes lost and unfocused. He was lost within the confines of his mind, traveling back to days the seemed forever and an eon ago, unable to remember the exact details or places, but clear enough to know they happened. Gearly's countenance sagged slightly as the uncomfortable memories sifted through his mind and he breathed a heavy sigh.

Night Watcher was glad that the tension was lessening between her and Ardent. The last thing she wanted was problems with two groups that appeared to have the same ends of helping protect Equestria.

The Destrier then turned his attention towards the other ponies, he was focused on Rain's comment as much as Night did, except he stared at her. Night then noticed the Gearly was looking like he was deep in thought.

"Got something on your mind, Gearly? You know, it's best to tell somepony rather than keep it bottled inside."

Before she could receive an answer, she felt another pony bump into her. Immediately her military instincts kicked in and she wheeled around to confront her potential attacker.

"And who might you be," Night said taking stock of the new pegasus who appeared.

" Oh, sorry ma'am. My name is Onyx wings. I had to go out of town for a day or so to fill out a shipment order, so I have stayed up almost 24 hours. My eyesight and hoof coordination is off. Could you please let me pass ?"