(Canterlot) Night's Patrol (Open)

Lux

Gearly, still lost in his own world of reminiscing, did not even notice Night Watcher's question. The world about him seemed to fade away and he closed his eyes, breathing in the cool night air slowly as he thought back, over the events of his life. He knew who he was and where he was, but when he thought about what he was doing or why he was doing it, it almost seemed as though he were in a dream.

(OOC: With Gearly in his dream mode and two skips, I'll skip Night's post. No rush Villefort on the response.)

[OOC: Great, this only compels me ;D]

It took Destrier two seconds before words of the mare in front of him pierced through his unprepared mind. He chuckled, turning his head away and staring blankly into white walls of Canterlot buildings in the distance. It seemed that his intentions weren't read too accurately. But, in fact, this little gesture evoked a slight feeling of tension in his neck. He was wearing his gear so long already... it was starting to become a burden. Will reached for his helmet and removed it with quick hoof wave, revealing a face full of determination, a bit more aged than the rest of his body due to his life experience, and sharp eyes. His light purple, narrow mane fell on his neck, being moved by night breeze from time to time. [OOC2: I was wondering... If I decided to write whole this way, they'd earn insane quality, but would become TL:DR, since I was already belittling the amount of words used for description lol] Ardent tied his helmet to the side of his armor before turning to Rain again.

"Perhaps..." - he started with a pause, before continuing without a warning - "...Rain, if I caught it right... You didn't expect me to overlook your silence connected with those few, curious looks I fished out, did you?" - asked Will, intuitively allowing an undercurrent of his well trained, soldier tone to be heard in his words. Saying that, he also threw a discreet peep at Gearly. Earth pony seemed to have slump into his thoughts, becoming distrait. Ardent continued on his sentence: "Care to explain yourself to me?"

As Night turned to Gearly, Will felt a relief he was allowed to concentrate on trying to read Rain completely. Eventually, he even ignored the fact that Night turned back to talk to somepony beyond Ardent's current vision range. Destrier was sure that whoever it was, Lunar Guard would handle the issue herself. She was a well-trained guard after all. And, well, Will was busy with conducting a little experiment on his own now. He didn't allow himself to give out a slightest hint of distraction by current, new situation. His trainings proved to be effective in the end. Still, he stared back at mare with emotionless face, awaiting an answer.

Rain Maker smiled at the new pegasus to walk over, greeting Onyx with a tilt of her head before looking back at Ardent, who was taking his helmet off. It revealed an aged face, and a light purple mane. It all sorta had the effect of making him look rather dignified, a well aged stallion. She smiled as he spoke, then laughed.

"You caught me, I s'pose." she said with a chuckle. "I'm an author by trade...by nature, I kinda just take in everything I see to use as notes. Your armour for instance, is really cool. So, I made a note of that kind of style, see if I can work it in. So are the Destriers...but don't worry, I won't use the actual Destriers in my book. Just maybe a similar kind of order, if you know what I mean." she said with a smile. One thing she noted was that the pony seemed to be rather...monotone. Not much inflection or emotion in his voice, and no real look on his face other than stone-faced. It was odd, to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...

Gearly, raising from his reverie, looked about, taking note of the new pegasus in the area. His brow raised slightly as he looked about the group of ponies gathered in the cool night air, tentatively raising a hushed question, partly to himself, "Why does it seem everypony seems to be out and about tonight..." He shifted nervously, his imagination quickly running out of control. Perhaps they were all planning to make a heist on the First Equestrian Bank. The guards would be wonderful insiders, able to travel nearly every inch of the city without raising suspicion. The young grey stallion chuckled at the silly prospect, shaking his head to put it from his mind as he sat down upon the cobble, glancing about once more.

Night Watcher looked at the pony by the name Onyx Wings who had bumped into her.

"You should be more careful to avoid bumping into ponies like that. And I would also consider finding a place to sleep, or esle you might get sick. But yes, you may pass if you wish."

Night looked as Ardent Will and Rain Maker were talking. The Destrier had a look of concern on his face about Rain, While Night knew that ardent could take care of the situation, she wanted to make sure that everything was ok. Tempers mixed with confused communication could escalate things.

The lunar guard then noticed that Gearly had left his dream state and was now looking about the area. He muttered something about other ponies being out at night and appeared nervous.

"I take it that you are nervous being out at night like this with other ponies around. Fear not. That's why I and the other Lunar Guard are here. We protect the night because we know that there are ponies who wish to be out and enjoy the night."