Moving On...[PRIVATE]

Pesto nodded, leaving all this technical stuff up to him. She grinned, still occupied by the images racing around her mind as she imagined the mural and the scenes on the walls. She shook her head, snapping out of it. She knew she could get too distracted sometimes. "That sounds good."

She tilted her head. "So what do we do now?"

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pesto followed close beside him, and she smiled pulling her wings back into her sides as she slid down the dune with Grey. She poked him with her hoof and giggled. "Love you too."

She sighed as she saw the lights glistening off the sea. It was beautiful, and she closed her eyes, basking in the warmth of the sunlight and the smell of the seabreeze. Her smile widened. "So beautiful."

"Yeah, it is. Great inspiration for a painting, wouldn't you say?" He asks. His mind drifted off, to the two of them relaxing on the beach, just talking, as the foals play in the water, tossing around a beach ball. The two of them sharing apple cider, unpacking a picnic for the whole family, and calling in the foals to eat. His mind visibly wandered.

Pesto nodded. "This whole place is doing wonders for inspira-" she paused, looking at Grey. His eyes were sparkling in a way which suggested he was somewhere else. She quietened, and just watched him as he daydreamed, smiling.

Grey wasn't imagining the foals, he saw them. He was talking to Pesto. About how hectic life was with the foals, and how much they liked it that way. Then, Pesto said something odd. He couldn't make it out at first, but made out part of it. "...nders for inspira-" was all he could clearly understand. "What, honey? Sorry, I was thinking about our foals."

Pesto nuzzled him, laughing softly. "I was just saying that this place is doing wonders for inspiration. I could paint it all day!" she teased lightly.

"It's going to be so wonderful." she said quietly, also thinking about their foals.

"Yeah...Pesto, I have something I need to ask you." Said Grey. "You know I love you, and can't wait to start a family. I would love to marry you, but I don't think we can now. I need a business, we need our own money. So, what I'm asking is, Will you, when we can, marry me?"

Pesto's eyes lit up, and she found herself speechless for a few minutes, before she nodded shakily, a smile on her face. She blushed a little as she kissed his nose softly. "Of course," she giggled quietly.

She stayed there, her head resting against Grey's as she basked happily in the proposal.

From there, Grey was incredibly happy. He knew, he hap Pesto for life. The greatest thing to ever be his, would be with him every day. It was as if the whole world was his that day, and he could not be happier. All he needed to be happy was to be with her, and with their future foals. As eloquent as he was, he could not find words to express is joy, and simply let out a quiet squeak instead.

Pesto laughed when she heard him squeak. She nuzzled him, knowing that the two felt the exact same. She smiled happily and gazed out to the horizon, feeling that right now, she could have flown all that way.

Grey Matter and Pesto stared off into the horizon together, knowing they would always have each other

And then the plot abruptly jumped several months.

The house was now finished, and the two were moving in that day. As any gentlecolt would, Grey Matter carried in all the bags that he could, making sure to get anything heavy so his dearest could rest. "What do you think?" He asks, as he enters the main room.

Pesto's apprehension turned into delight when she walked into the main room, Grey at her side. She looked around and sighed happily. She kissed his cheek and smiled even wider. "It's amazing! Everything I wanted," she squealed, and wrapped a wing lazily around him in a hug.

Pesto giggled and bolted for the stairs, hot on his tail. When they reached the bedroom door, she took off and zoomed over his head, landing in the doorway, just before he got there. She winked and giggled again. "Never challange a pegasus to a race, silly stallion," she teased, and entered the room, gasping softly as she looked around, a smile on her face.

"Like it? I had it done up just for you. That window there? Lets in light just so, that this would be the prefect spot for a potted plant, so inspiration is always in view." Said Grey, stepping into an area with more sunlight than the rest of the room, before opening the window and sticking his head out. "Quite a view of the ocean too. If we ever need a break, we could just watch our foals from up here."

Pesto, speechless, trotted over to Grey and entwined her body around his. She nuzzled him and sighed happily once more. "It's perfect. You thought of everything."

She smiled and closed her eyes, leaning against him and basking in the warmth of the sun for a few minutes.

Pesto nodded happily, her face lighting up again. She was a little reluctant to let go of Grey, and stay in this position, but her curiosity got the better of her. "Yes, I'd love to!" she giggled and began to make her way to the door, smiling.

Grey led her back down to the second floor, where the foal's room was. It was pretty much bare, giving her a blank canvas to work with, and only had one crib and a very basic light in it. "I didn't want you to feel compelled to paint based on the furniture. Instead, we buy furniture to match the design you give the room."

Pesto giggled and clapped her forehooves together. She loved seeing blank white walls, it gave her so much more room to play around and experiment. She looked to Grey, colours swirling around in her mind, images floating around in her minds eye. She giggled again. "Did you have anything in mind?"