Moving On...[PRIVATE]

Grey rested his chin on his hoof for a second, in thought. "Well, I think we should figure out if our first foal is a boy or a girl first, wouldn't you say?" He said, patting his hoof on her belly, before leaning over and saying to the unborn foal, "I love you. And I love you too dear."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pesto blushed a little, putting a wing on the other side of her belly, and smiled. "I agree."

She watched in wonder at the love on his features; the way his face softened as he spoke the three words to their unborn foal. She smiled to herself more than him, murmuring softly. "I love you too," she paused. "You'll be a great father."

She tilted her head and looked at her blank canvas. "I know it."

Pesto shrugged, a little uncomfortably. "I sure hope so."

She was nervous about becoming a mother, but she knew that with Grey by her side, she could do anything. She smiled, and told him this, and then: "Is there anything else I should see?"

"What about your paint room?" He led Pesto down the hall, holding her the whole time. At the end of the hall was another room with blank walls, empty canvases, buckets of paint, and for the ground, nothing but concrete covered with blankets. The perfect place for her to do whatever she wanted, to experiment with paint, to paint over the window and see how it affects light, or anything else. It was also positioned perfectly so she could always look to the foal's room for inspiration.

Pesto grinned widely and nosed his cheek, before slowly entering the room and gazing around in wonder. "Grey, it's perfect! I just don't know how you can get everything always so .. right!"

"It's because I take the time to know what it is you want. I know you. That's what a coltfriend is supposed to do, make his fillyfriend happy. I figure it is just what I have to do. I feel compelled to do it. I feel that I have to do it. Maybe I'm just insecure, but i feel that it is my job to make you happy. I worry about losing you if I don't, and I love you too much to risk that."

Pesto's eyes began to water. She stood in front of Grey, shaking a little from emotion, and then simply rubbed her neck against his, as though trying to reassure him. "You're never losing me. Why, for me, losing you now.. It would be too much to bear," she sniffed, patting her belly with her wing gently. "I love you, Grey, don't forget that either.

"I know you do. I love you too. I just can't believe my luck. That somepony as beautiful as you ends up with somepony like me. A part of me just doesn't believe it. I can't help it, but either way, I would not stop treating you like a queen. Because you and the foals are everything to me..." Grey's eyes were also watering, as he set a hoof against her belly, trying to reassure himself that she loved him, and that they would always be together. He knew they would, but still, worries. "I mean, think about it. If things were even the slightest bit different, we wouldn't be here. If your brother was a pegasus, you would never have left Cloudsdale. If I were to arrive at Canterlot U the next day, you would have already been gone. If I had acted just a little differently when I first met him, I would not have been hanging out Sydphony when you came in. And that is just us not meeting! Countless other things could have prevented us from going out."

Pesto made a soft shh-ing noise, and looked him right in the eye. "But those things did happen for a reason. We were meant to be together, don't you see?" she smiled a watery smile and kissed him gently.

"I guess they did happen for a reason. The best reason I ever met." Pesto's kiss could to many things to Grey, almost polar effects on him. One instant it can give him strength, the next time it can make his knees weak. Sometimes he worried, sometime it was the only thing he could be sure of. Now, it gave him resolve. Assurance. He knew she would forever be his.

Pesto smiled shyly and looked at her canvas, a sudden image popping into her mind. She looked around and picked up a pencil between her teeth, lightly beginning to sketch. She paused. "Hmm"

Pesto shook her head and giggled a little, continuing to sketch. "No, e'erthin's 'erfect," she mumbled, her mouth full of pencil.

Eventually she had sketched out a large scene, with a fence in the middle and three foal shaped blobs. She put her pencil down. "Something for the foals room. Not even nearly finished yet though, but at least I have something to work with," she mumbled, more to herself than Grey.

"As long as I'm with you, it is perfect." Said Grey, laughing at the cute way she talked with a mouth full of pencil. Grey looked at the sketch, and even though she mumbled to herself, he felt compelled to respond. "Well, it is a great start. Trying to make a picture of how our yard will look in a few years?" Grey looked out the window, imagining the foals playing with the foals next door.

Pesto looked up. "Huh? What?"

She blushed a little, and her eyes widened. "Oh, the garden! Oh I have so much work to do," she giggled softly. "I don't mind. Actually, I was thinking of painting this on the foal's wall. When this little one is born," she patted her belly with her wing again. "I can paint him or her in."

She turned the canvas towards him. "Like, hm, counting sheep. Or a nursery rhyme, or something," she smiled shyly, worried he'd find it a little corny.

"Which reminds me, I got us sacks of seeds for the garden. Also, Dinner. What do you want? And the painting, on the wall, a great way to show him or her how we care. You are great at showing somepony," Grey paused to give Pesto a kiss, "Just how much you care about them," he then nuzzled her.

"Thank you, you're wonderful. And for dinner.. Hm, I don't mind," she mumbled, distractedly looking at her canvas. She did however kiss him back and reciprocate when she nuzzled him. She flashed him a smile and looked around at her paints. She kicked a pot open, grabbed her palette, grabbed a paintbrush and began to add splashes of colour to her sketched canvas.

Grey knows what Pesto likes, and that she would have some cravings, so made her regular favorite, Hay Fries and Hay Burger, with a side of pickles, a craving Pesto often had. For him, the same, including the pickle, just to be cute. He came back to her working on her painting. "It's coming along great, but I think it is time the two-ahem, THREE, of us, got a break, hmm?"

Pesto looked up and smiled. Within minutes, her mane and pelt had become slightly paint-splattered. She grinned sheepishly as she saw him looking at it. She sniffed excitedly. "Do I smell hay fries and hay burger?"

"Why yes it is. Your favorite food," said Grey, as he wrapped a hoof around Pesto, pulling her in, "As made by your favorite." He kisses her romantically, having been overcome with a need to do so, he says, "I love you," he says, before kissing her again, more passionately than romantically this time, before she has a chance to respond.

Pesto blushed lightly and kissed him back, her hooves up against his chest. She tried to reply, but he kissed her again. When she pulled away, she was blushing badly. "I l-love you too," she gasped a little, her mane falling over her face.

"Sorry, I was just overcome by the need to be spontaneous. Hope I surprised you, but didn't scare you. Now, we don't have a table yet, so we can just eat on the floor. With all these blankets, it will be like a picnic!" Said Grey, before sitting down, and half pulling Pesto down with him, on the sheets that were laid down. He set her plate in front of her.

"Surprised, yes. Scared, no," she giggled and she laughed at his cuteness. She slipped onto the blankets beside him and dug into her meal happily. The two sat in silence until. "I wonder if the little one will share my love for hay fries.." she pondered.