Moving On...[PRIVATE]

Pesto nearly choked on her meal at that point. She looked at him, a little bit aghast. "I don't think I could even think of names without seeing him or her," she murmured, a soft smile on her face as she imagined holding her foal for the first time.

"Did you have anything in mind?"

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'd have to say I agree with you. I need to see his or her soft, new coat to know. I'm sure that when we see our foal we will know. I'm certain we will be on the same page too." He laughed at the cute way she reacted. Of course, evry little thing she does is cute to him. "I wonder if they will have your wings?"

Pesto shrugged, and finished off her meal, balancing the pickle on her nose before eating it, a smile of contentment on her face. "Yum, pickles."

"Mmm, with my family tree, who knows, we might even have a little unicorn," she patted her belly with her hoof, smiling motherly down at it.

Pesto giggled and laid her head on Grey's neck. She was mentally mixing Grey's and her pelt and mane colours, whilst trying to imagine what their young foal would look like. She absently stroked her belly with her wing. "Yeah. You know, I have a feeling he or she will inherit their father's brains," she murmured softly, smiling into Grey's coat.

"Well I don't think he or she could lose. Best case scenario, they get my brains and your creativity." Grey was imagining that combination, as he leaned his head against Pesto's, which itself was still pressed against him. He laid back onto the ground, his meal complete. He reached his hoof around her, and knew he needed no words for how madly in love he was.

"Either way, our foal will be perfect," she sighed happily, her eyes drooping slightly as the day began to catch up to her. She snuggled up to Grey and pulled his hooves more tightly around her as she tried (and failed) to disguise a yawn.

Grey yawned too. "Aw, now you got me doing it!" He joked. It had been a long day, and she had reminded him of that. He began to run a hoof through her mane. He leaned the rest of the way back. He could sleep like that every night. Just as he felt Pesto was drifting off, he whispered, "I love you" once again.

Pesto nodded sleepily, and mumbled a sleepy. " ..'ve you too.."

The constant feeling of Grey's hoof running through her mane was comforting, and she soon drifted off, and began to dream of their first foal.

Grey slowly ceased to run his hoof through Pesto's hair as he too began to sleep. The two were on the same page about the foal, and neither wanted to wait for the foal to arrive, so, it seemed to him, they dreamed about the foal nightly, to hold themselves off until the day he or she arrived. Their bundle of joy. It wouldn't be long now...

It was the soft morning sunlight that awoke Pesto. She opened her eyes slowly, and squirmed a little, stretching out her stiff limbs and wings before she sat up slowly, and looked at Grey. She ran a hoof through his mane and kissed his nose softly. "Good morning."

(Woops notification system failed me..)

"I'm feeling fine," she said softly, before she realised it was a bit of a lie. She was feeling a little bit nauseous but she didn't really think much of it. It was probably just the foal.

She grinned at him and stretched her wings more. "Yes, some furniture would be brilliant."

(No problem, happens to us all.)

Grey led her out front, where he had a surprise in store for her. As they headed out the door, there was a cart, which he hitched himself onto. "Hop in. I splurged a little, thought you may want to rest a bit with the foal, and when the foal arrives, I doubt they will be up for walking all around town. What do you think?" He said, as he waited for her to get in the back. once she was, he continued, "I guess the furniture store is a good place to start looking, wouldn't you think?"

"A cart? Oh, you do spoil us!" Pesto said with an excited kiss to his muzzle as she climbed into the back of the cart. "I think you are a saint," she teased.

"A furniture store would indeed be a good start. Maybe we should make a list?" Pesto rooted around in the saddlebag she had hastily hitched onto her back. She found a pen and paper and began to scribble.

Grey started off toward the rest of the city, and he says to Pesto, "Well, I also got it to carry all of this. So, what do we want to buy first? Crib? Bed? Tables? What do you think is most important?" He said. As he walked, his mind wandered. He began to think about the foal more, and how life will be with the foal. He let's out a happy sigh.

Pesto tapped her chin lightly with the pen. "A crib and a bed would indeed be the best thing to start off with," she said, and smiled at him. "Although tables are indeed important. And I suppose we'll be wanting book cases soon enough too." she laughed softly.

Grey Matter pulled the cart into town, past a store called Sofas and Quills, where he remarked, "We may need one of those if you are ever mad at me." Finally, the two and a half of them arrived at a store that sold beds and cribs. Luckily for cart space, they were self assembly, but that also meant that Grey had to build it, and he was more book smart than tool smart. Also, he would have to come back to get the matresses. Afterward, he decided to take Pesto to look around. "My parents sent some gift money for us to buy furniture. We got around a thousand bits, so pick what you want. Not what we need. We have enough for what we need, this thousand is for us to splurge."

Pesto giggled and waddled to Grey and wrapped one lazy wing around him. "Well, a new easel would be nice, although perhaps a desk?"

She began to look around, making appreciative noises now and then, and sneaking loving glances back to Grey every so often.

(Notification, Y U NO NOTIFY ME!)

(Ugh. I cringe at that too. My bad. I thought it would be funny. Not like I could delete it though, there doesn't exist a button for that.)

Grey thought, they could get both, but how could they maximize the gift money? Finally, he thought of a drafting desk. A desk that can angle down like an easel, or set flat to be a regular desk. When he found one, he asked,w "Honey? How about this one? It has a chair, so you can take a load off while you paint." He said, nuzzling her, "I love you." He said, although she always knew it.