Ponibooru shuts down

BaconofChaos

Pony image hosting site Ponibooru is going to be taken down on the 17th of August. Commenting and uploading of images has already been halted. Many images will eventually be reuploaded to a sister site, Derpibooru.

Kind of a bummer for me, I browsed that site a lot. Ponibooru had a bad rep in places due to a complete lack of mods and being really slow, but honestly there was a lot of good stuff there too. I'm going to miss some of the crazy comment threads and meta posts. Still, many of the users have migrated to Derpibooru, so the spirit lives on.

If you go to Ponibooru, you can still search for, and download images. If you're feeling ambitious, and you have a couple of terabytes left on your hard drive that need filling, there's a torrent for all images on the site. Good luck with that.

hi hi

I browsed ponibooru too. It may have had lots of junk, but it was pretty easy to skip over or filter out stuff I didn't want to see, and I never really liked the idea that I might miss a gem by only looking in places where someone else set the filters.

(Its kind of funny, Canterlot is the only place I post my OC images, but I was actually considering posting a couple of my armored pony pictures for people to see as a reference. Guess I don't have to worry about that now. :P )

I browsed the site a lot. Despite that, this is probably a boon for me, since I spent way too much time on it anyway, especially since it was so slow.

And had a lot of junk to filter through.

And kept logging me off.

And the search function was even slower than simple browsing.

And most users were rude as well.

Anyway, the boon is that I get to spend more time actually being productive. I'll check EqD's drawfriends for new images instead, since it only updates once a day and the quality is generally good.

That site loaded like it was back in the dial-up days. I don't go much to it though. Only went there if I wanted to search for images that I couldn't find on DA.

Shame Ponibooru had to shut down. I myself rarely used it, but its always sad when a part of the fandom goes away. At least there's still derpibooru.

"And next we have an astounding 1.5 teraybte external Personal Computer Mechanical Hard Drive on the block. This baby's stuffed with a whopping 566.2gigabytes of My Little pony art, pulled directly from the once heavily traveled "Ponibooru"! we'll start the bidding at a minmum of $722!"

~Anonmyoous Auctioneer.

I didn't use it, but I was linked to it a lot. It's not that big of a deal, really. Just pull the images you like off of there, and re-upload them elsewhere. A lot of you already download them, so I'm sure that we'll be fine. Because if 10,000 people browsing Ponibooru by the shut down date download 10 images a piece, that's 100,000 different images.

We'll be fine.

Downloading everything... Then I'l sort out... Gotta love the new holographic Hard Drives :-o (Yep, I'm from the future :P )

After a preview even erased the "Questionable" download, either I'm a prude or it is nasty.... Just Downloading safe now...

Edited by Parker_Izing

I actually haven't visited that site until recently. Really DeviantArt is the site I go on, mainly because I have my main art account there.

Although it's saddening that a major MLP spesific art site is going away, I'm sure that there will be others popping up in the future.