Howdy ya'll

Chonico

Howdy everypony, pleasure to make your acquaintance. :)

Umm, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to include in this intro or how long is appropriate, so please bare with me as I try and cover my basics... Or what I assume are the basics judging from the other intros I read. If I go beyond the basics, then just feel free to read the parts you think should be basics and view the rest as ramblings. Kind of like this... Moving on.

HI, again, I'm 26 and about to graduate from university. I have many nicknames, but most ponies seem content with Jim, although that is not my name, it is the shortening of a nickname. I work at a video game store, but aspire to be an English teacher. I'm a crafty person in the sense that I'm very kinetic and love to do and build things with my hands which has led to many hobbies... But I lack the ability to draw. I have been an avid fan of MLP;FiM since a month ago or so. I was somewhat hesitant at first, not knowing what to expect out of it, but I haven't looked back since.

After finding a discussion about college bronies on http://www.equestriadaily.com/, I began wondering how it would be to just join up with other fellow bronies and, as such, moseyed on over here after doing a quick search. I did not realize this was an RP forum, never done an RP forum before... Or RP in general. Still, I'll try anything once if it seems fun. :P

So umm, yeah, nice to meet you all again. Please feel free to ask about anything your curious about, I'm sure I'll be able to answer it. I'm pretty sure once I get my hoofs wet to this whole RP thing I'll be a regular... Free time allowing that is B)

Thank you for wishing me the best of luck! And thank you ya'll for the welcome. I already looked at the "Getting Started" section and read some of the things you ponies have on there. Very helpful indeed. I also took a quick look at the RP section and found it to be rather interesting. I don't quite get how it works though... I mean, I read the part that you submit your character for approval and even read some of the character descriptions that had been submitted. But I'm still not 100% up to speed. Is there a storyline to follow or general premise? If anypony can point me in the right direction, I'll be much obliged and mosey on over there and check it out. Still, for now I'll just read on through the other sections of the forum. Nice to meed ya'll again :P

Welcome to the Equestria Forums!

Well, here, you can choose to RP, or choose to just hang out. There are lots of non-RP topics around here.

As for the RP, it occurs at the current time in the show. Thing is, each topic occurs simultaneously on separate time lines...Ya. Most topics are RP-able at the same time, but occur along a different time line--aka, a different day, a different hour of the day, etc.

AH, I see. Thanks for the info Tales and thanks again for the pleasant greetings. For now I may just hang out and see how the RP forums work and read some more of the posts there. Honestly I wouldn't mind giving it a shot some time. But for now, thanks everypony again for the greetings.