Witty thread title attracts attention

BaconofChaos

I finally did it. I registered. I saw this forum back when it was first announced on ED and thought "I should join and get to know my fellow bronies". But, well, a combination of busyness, shyness and catastrophic computer failure got in my way. :/

Okay, so, where to start? I'm a 25 year old guy, living in south east England, who loves cartoons, games, books and other such geeky stuff. I like cool things and also cute things. MLP was inevitable.

How did I find MLP? I think my first encounter was with some random fanart. I noticed it was MLP, but I figured the new style was the artist's, so I just kinda shrugged and then moved on. Next came CR! on tgwtg.com and his brief Pinkie Pie video (I won't link it, I'm sure someone has already done so). Suddenly: Intrigued. A PMV (trouble is a friend) and the first two episodes later and BAM! Instant brony. Well, not instant, obviously it took some time, but you get the idea. Thus far I have only told one friend about my new obsession, and only because she was online so I couldn't see her expression. No one else must know o_o

Ah, what else? I'm kinda fickle, so favourite character/episode etc. changes frequently. I've thought about roleplay and I have a few ideas for OCs and scenarios but I prefer the tabletop type roleplay, i.e. games run by a game master, to forum roleplay. So who knows? :P Likewise I may or may not get around to writing fanfic and/or learning to draw ponies. However I was inspired by a lot of the MLP games I saw coming out and have decided to try my hand at one, being an ex-game programmer myself. I can't sprite very well though, so the graphics may have to be ripped from the show itself XP But yeah, hopefully I'll actually manage to complete that sometime.

Okay I think I'm done here. So yeah- Hi everyone!

Hello!

If you haven't checked out the rules section yet, that's a good place to start on the forum. You'll need to get your post count up to 5 in the Introductions thread before you can post on other parts of the board. You can find your post count under your username.

Welcome to the Equestria Forums!

Oh hey, these guys over here are making a cool game. They might still need some help with it, if you want to check it out.

lqBoYdbODxM

Many thanks to you all! It's always good to have such a warm welcome.

Thanks for link to the vid MyLittlePonyTales, but I don't know Flash so I wouldn't be much use to them I'm afraid. I've downloaded Game Maker 8 and I am learning that as I go. It's so good to not have to worry about coding a graphics engine first, I can just get straight into the gameplay. ^^