Duskus [FINAL]

Mistfire

Well, you said they found a lost foal who wasn't saying anything ... but instead of reporting a lost child to the authorities, they brought her home.

How does 'everyone know' if they never told anyone? And why is it difficult to bring her to her parents' house?

uuh... actually i think i'll just leave out the part where they found her and say she just went to their house instead, but never really wanted to speak to them.

Why would she keep going to their house if she didn't want to speak with them? I think you'll need to expand on that a bit.

I still need you to come up with a different example for her art. Other staff have looked at the app, and all had a problem with using meat-eating as an example for a vegetarian society.

Also, having a butterfly for a cutie mark is not unique nor special. It is a normal sort of a cutie mark. Other ponies would not be amazed by it.

Why would she keep going to their house if she didn't want to speak with them? I think you'll need to expand on that a bit.

I still need you to come up with a different example for her art. Other staff have looked at the app, and all had a problem with using meat-eating as an example for a vegetarian society.

Also, having a butterfly for a cutie mark is not unique nor special. It is a normal sort of a cutie mark. Other ponies would not be amazed by it.

uugh who knew just one application would be so much work... i guess thats how it pays off in the end, ill get to work when i get the chance

Don't worry, you're getting there. You just have to keep in mind that we have to ensure that your character fits into a roleplay forum that attempts to emulate the show as much as possible and can play well with the hundreds of roleplayers. Everything Bramble is telling you is to ensure that once you do get in to the RP, you get to have the most fun as possible without anyone getting riled up about a thing!^_^

• 2 weeks later...

and actually, i can't seem to find the part stating she comes back to Shade and Yuki's house repeatedly, if i did include that i meant to say that she technically lived with them, until she felt attached and wanted to live with them.

Despite that one detail, i changed the example of her artwork (if theres a specific name for artwork based off of nature, please let me know so i can just put that there instead) and i changed the story of her arrival a lot, or if you can give me your version so i can just pop that in, that could help too.

List anything else missing and ill fix that, but thats all i could think of right now

The idea of her living with someone other than her parents - considering her parents would be *really easy* to find, is still something of an issue.

But moreso, there's a larger issue that I realized on my latest review of this app. I saw this line:

"often having personal talks with herself like Shade does with his personalities before or after doing things."

Which was odd - we do not allow MPD in mane RP. I went to look at Shade's app, and I saw he is *not* a mane RP character, but instead is a free-for-all character. Your mane RP character cannot be associated with a FFA character in this manner.

Again, I'm going to bring up that this character *really* seems better suited towards FFA, herself. If you want to continue trying to redesign her till she fits Mane RP, we can keep at it. I'm patient. But I do want to suggest, again, that FreeForAll is probably more applicable for her.

For the new example of the artwork: That is a good example. Good job.

There's still the issue that you are trying to have your Mane RP OC live with your FFA RP OC. They should really each be in the same area. If you want, you can try to get a Mane RP version of the FFA character approved, but that has to be done first.

However, there are still a number of issues you have not dealt with. I've asked you a number of questions and, instead of answering them, you just change the app again.

The most concerning of which are still about her parents and these new two that you want her to live with. What is the point of the interim foster parents? They show up *only* to lose her. There's nothing to connect her to them, no real significance to them in the story - except to make the story more confusing, and by this point, it really does look like all parties involved are incompetant. The police, the parents, the new guardians, and Duskus herself cannot figure out how to walk across town and bring her back to her parents. This is not some sort of wilderness survivalist area, or a medeival wasteland... this is modern Equestria. The police can get a lost foal home in very short order. If someone takes a lost child into their home and does not tell the police ... that's kidnapping. If this were some medeival fantasy world, it would make a lot more sense. WHY is this unauthorized guardianship such an important part of your story? These are actual questions, not rhetorical ones - please answer the question so that I understand, don't just change the app again.

Honestly, the reason im changing the app every time you ask a question is because it just doesn't have an explainable answer... I think its fine the first time but once you ask the question, i see the flaw and feel that answering it is pointless, and its best to just fix it, and let you know. Clearly that isn't working this time, unlike the few flaws Yuki's application had.

My answer to your question about the parenthood thing is, im trying to give her good reasons to be the way she is, its like saying someone is crazy without explaining why... it feels... empty. Lemme ask you to do one thing, give me two chances to rewrite her family's story, gonna try having her know the two others beforehand (which also, I will by all means get Shade a qualified Mane RP app) and eventually choose to live with them, and have her whole inspiration come naturally. She will still have the orphan bit in her story, but at least it involves her more with the two other characters im trying to involve with her here. Not sure if you agree.

Won't touch anything in this app until you let me know what you think, sound good? Meanwhile im off to start Shade's new app