Fallout Equestria PNP (Pen and Paper)

Xiee

dance_with_deus_by_mistermech-d4kzvdv.png

Check out the video teaser here:

CURRENTLY CLOSED: No longer accepting players. We're over our maximum already. If you're still interested please gather at least a group of 5 other players and PM me. I will set a different session time for your group.

For more info please join us at #CanterlotFOE on Esper.net servers in IRC chat.

Important UPDATE (Jul-17) - The First Session and new Chat Rules:

Sigh... the 1st session didn't go well as planned. I should have known better than to treat it like a regular chat RP. We spent 6 hours not getting anywhere, barely moving into actual gameplay because some were confused at what was going on. The pace was too slow, or too fast , and it was simply chaotic. So after a few discussions and advice from some of the FoER ponies, I've come up with a few chat rules:

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

The one thing I noticed when players started posting in the RP only room is that they tend to go off and put too much in their post. While this isn't bad, some players had to stop a minute and think of what to post. This caused a delay to other players and it quite frankly wasted everyone's time. To fix this, I advise everyone to post short, descriptive replies.

Instead of saying:

Blackjack jumps over the dazed raider as she landed a blow on the head with her trusty security baton of the other unsuspecting raider with a shotgun. "Taste baton you lowlife scum!" She then pulls out Vigilance from her saddle holster, a unique 12.7mm pistol, and empties the cartridge on the poor sod.

You can say:

Blackjack jumps over the dazed raider and hits the other one with a security baton. "Taste baton you lowlife scum!" Then pulls out Vigilance and blasts the raider until he dies.

Instead of saying:

Glory was concerned that going this way would attract a lot of Bloodwings. It was the last thing they needed right now since the whole party is battered to a pulp. Accessing her pipbuck, she plotted routes to their destination making sure to avoid any other mishaps and dangers along the way. "If we follow this route, I'm sure we'll get there fairly safe." She said with a smile as she showed the plotted course on her pipbuck to her companions.

You can say:

Glory plots an alternate route on her pipbuck avoiding Bloodwings and other dangers, then shows it to the party. "If we follow this route, I'm sure we'll get there failry safe."

Avoiding unecessary OCC chatter

We all know that the OCC room is were we do our dice rolls and other discussions like team planning or GM related stuff. While I think it is sometimes okay to post random chatter on the OCC chat during the game, I would prefer that everyone concentrated on the discussions done by the team. I believe that if we kept the random chatter to a minimum in the game, we could progress through this in a breeze. If you absolutely need to bring up something unrelated to the game and feel that the group needs to know, I suggest directing it to the main Canterlot Channel (#CanterlotCentral) since most of us are there anyway.

PMing the GM for questions

Some of you have PMed the GM for questions. I encourage this very much since it helps you understand more of the game. From time to time I will also PM some players when there are situations in the game that the other players cannot know, or when the situation demands it.

Dice Rolling

By now you guys should know the commands of our dicebot "Overmare". But just to be sure here are a few examples:

1. 1d6 - rolls a six sided die

2. 4d20 - rolls four pieces of twenty sided dice and sums them up

3. 2#1d100 - rolls two separate one hundred sided dice

4. 1d10+5 - rolls a ten sided die and adds five to it (you can also subtract)

5. 1d20;2d6 - rolls a twenty sided die and two six sided dice without adding up except for the 2d6.

You can also do private rolls if you don't want others to see what you roll. Just PM Overmare and do your rolls in there. This is however usually reserved for the GM in some cases.

Posting Order

We have discovered that posting order is essential in our game. This is to avoid confusion. However the GM may override the posting order at times depending on the situation.

We all know that talking over voice chat is the most ideal thing to do but not everyone has access to skype. However some of us can't use skype due to hardware/software problems, or they just simply can't. As much as possible I'd like to stick to the Chat RP to do this but if everyone can get skype and have voice chat working then it's fine by me as well.

Important UPDATE (Jul-8) - Revisions to the Rulebook:

There's a new revised rulebook. The old one we were using was disorganized so KKat (the writer of FoE) and the other gracious ponies at FoER (Fallout Equestria Resource) decided to revise the book. As of the posting of this update, the book was still being edited on google docs. This also completely changes everything. There's a better and much more detailed and easy to understand guide for creating characters. In the rulebook you will also find links to Perks, Equipment and other rules. From this point on we will use everything indicated in this book. Please give it a quick review and re-create your characters. I've deleted my last two updates but left the character sheet. This should change within a day or two.

New Revised Rulebook (constantly updated): https://docs.google....8NN3Zk0xo4/edit

Character sheet:

Blank sheet - https://docs.google....VVZQWE9jWV9OV0E

Sample sheet (my actual character from one of the FoER games that I play with) - https://docs.google....OEIzVThWMlhkUkE

Important:

- We're starting the first campaign on July 14, Saturday, 9pm EST. For those who are still clueless on how to create characters hit me up on the chat. I'm usually online for 12 hours a day. If you can't reach me through the chat please PM me here.

- I need your character sheets asap so I can play a course of action for the campaign. Please PM your character sheets to me so I can make corrections or clarifications.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay that's one. Sturrmann, Dunder and DocMaxwell have also expressed interest in the chat. I'll see if I can get them to post in here.

Despite having never played any Fallout games, I may be interested too, depending on the day/time/frequency......

Well since we're in different timezones and some of us have to go to work/school, this might be a weekend type thing. And we might prolly be doing this at least once or twice a week.

If we manage to at least get 5 players then I can begin the campaign in earnest.

I have experience in D&D and I'm famliliar with it, though I've never tried P&P. I'm guessing it'd be similar anyways. I'd love to do this though! It would be so fun and awesome, and since it's summer and I have relatively nothing to do I'm pretty much available at any time. So yes, yes I'd like to try this out!

Any links to the P&P fallout equestria rulebooks? I'd like to check 'em out and become familiar with them before getting started

Any links to the P&P fallout equestria rulebooks? I'd like to check 'em out and become familiar with them before getting started

There's a ton of fallout rpg books out there and each have their own different rules. I'm still reviewing these rulebooks that I have and deciding what we should use or not.

EDIT: Disregard my last post on the sources we're using. I've found 2 other simpler versions to use. I'll let you guys know once I'm done reviewing them.

Okay, we have enough players for now it seems. Next is we need to discuss your availability. I propose we do this on a Friday Night or Saturday Night (EST). Though I'm playing from GMT + 8, I will make it an effort to adjust to the majority of players in the forums. Please post your available times.

My primary free time of the two is Friday nights, though I should be able to finagle Saturdays if that's needed- provided it's late enough (post-7PM Pacific time). Friday, on the other hand, I'd need it to be a bit earlier (post-5PM Pacific time) for me to make it and not have to leave every time in mid-session, assuming we have 3-5 hour sessions.

Okay looks like the majority is Saturday. So I guess, Satruday evening would be fine? If it's okay maybe we can start our sessions at 9pm (that would be around 9am, Sunday my time, I'm a GMT + 8 Pony after all). So is Saturday, 9pm (EST) okay?

The rulebook I've chosen is what the other FOE PNP players refer to as "Sunrise's" Rulebook. It's widely accepted by the Fallout Equestria PNPers (on another site) and from what I've heard KKat (the author of Fallout Equestria) also uses this rulebook in their FoE Sessions.

Here ya go ponies, try to make a character based on what's here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uPX5Qlo8D7UP-tOhx3octtLbC-fBfgZzNTnBa0GTj2g/edit?hl=en_GB = This is what we're mainly going to use.

http://forum.fallout-equestria.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=191 = Additional info on these rules but not necessary.

I want to play! I love Fallout AND D & D AND Ponies! This. Is. BEAUTIFUL. But I don't have internet a lot so i don't know when i can play. I'm on mountain time so just tell me when and I'll see what I can do. Also, I would like to see these books as well, I would need a chance to get a character set up (QUICK SNIPER PONY) and get the rules down. THIS IS SO COOL. OOH I'M SO EXCITED.

Okay, maybe we should say what sort of characters we'll be using, so we can balance out the team? And ponies should give a definitive answer on whether or whether or not they will be attending. No offense to anypony, but I know I hate it when somepony says something like "I'd love to join, and I'll be there" but never shows up. I've had some ponies do that to me in D&D gaming sessions. Though I do understand things pop up and this isn't necessarily a priority, it is still a commitment that other ponies are expecting you to follow through on if you can, and any warning if you won't show up I think would be appreciated.

Anyways, I will DEFINITELY be showing up at 9pm, and I was planning on running a medic character, though whether I'll make a Flu Shot (big tank and medic, my FoE OC that I apped to this site) or maybe something a bit more ranged, or even purely support depends on what other ponies are doing. I've wanted to run a pure support character for a little while, since it would force me to stay out of heavy fighting and use more strategy. Heck, I could stick to a lot of non-combat skills and have good diplomacy for out of combat situations.

Archived