A Sweet Sound (Closed: Rarity, Sweetie Belle)

SteelEagle

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen had freshened himself up like he never had before. That was obviously just a little untrue- as Gilded he did much more, but that was with professional help. Here was a different story all together. He wasn't getting ready to fool some ponies and ensure a proper show, he was trying to impress a single pony for a much longer length of time. It was strange in a way that he felt the need to go all out when in all ways he was confident that he didn't need tom but Sweetie Belle deserved a superior effort. So he made sure to wash his coat thoroughly with exfoliating wash and with gentle, pelt raising lotions. All in all, by the time he left Sweet Apple Acres (after he had spent far too long in the bathroom, according to all of his cousins) he felt, looked, and probably smelled like ten thousand bits.

It was all for a good cause. Ever since that mixup at the Carousel Boutique, he had in some fashions been spoken for, in the parlance of Ponyville. Or so he thought. What was the common parlance here? The turn of phrase that meant you were dating that was unique, collequial to the region? mm. He didn't know. He didn't figure he'd find out until he started to attend school. But for whatever reason, he was dating a rather adorable filly. Sweetie Belle. Sister of Miss Rarity. Hmm, would she like Miss Belle? Only one way to find out. He'd have to use it while he took her out to some musical show she wanted to go to- some local group, if he remembered correctly. He would be the first to admit that classical music was more his style, leaving him ever so slightly ignorant as to the stylings of the modern musical era.

Not that it mattered. This was for Sweetie Belle. He was going to be a good coltfriend and show her a goof time, and he knew for a fact she loved some nice music. And he enjoyed himself some fine company, and she qualified. She was well-heeled but still excitable, not at all like the stuffy fillies from the academy. She had an amazing personality as an outrageously energetic and positive little filly. It was rare to have such optimism, and it was a nice feature to be able to count on in times of trouble. He didn't know Sweetie as well as he wished he could but now that he was here in Ponyville for a while, it would be a great time to start. So with a bounce in his step he approached the Carousel Boutique, ready to start what was bound to be a great night for two ponies.

Knock knock knock...

Sweetie Belle felt sick.  Not a bad sorta sick, though maybe, but her belly kept turning around.  Sure, it was nice showing up at a fancy party together with Valen, where everypony could see them, and it had been very, very exciting!  But that was kinda like hanging out with style.  There had been lots of friends around.  And it had been at Sweet Apple Acres.  It was hard to be nervous at Sweet Apple Acres.

But this was a second date ... was it a date?  it seemed like a date.  She had a date.  A second date.  A real honest-to-harmony just-the-two-of-them date.  And it was for music!  She liked music, though she didn't have the heart to tell him that she didn't really know anything about modern music - unless it was in the theatre.  She much preferred showtunes.  What if he asked her what her favorite song of theirs was?  She couldn't even remember the group's name just now!  She could barely remember her own name!  What if he asked her questions about the band members?  What if it rained?  What if a giant monster flattened the stage?  What if her cutie mark started flashing mid-song and she had to rush to the castle to deal with a cutie mark emergency?

She took a deep breath, let it out slowly.  Settle down.  She looked in the mirror.  Her hair was softer and nicer than ever, thanks to Rarity.  Her outfit, a sweet black-and-pink skirt and dress combo, was perfect.  Thanks to Rarity.  Her makeup was ... well ... she could barely tell it was even there.  She just looked ... brighter.  Fresher.  Her eyes a bit bigger.  How did Rarity DO that?!  Just wait here, wait for Rarity's signal.  She wanted to go down and answer the door, but Rarity insisted it was important to stay upstairs a little longer.  It was tradition.  Leaving Rarity downstairs with Valen.  She remembered the last time she'd stayed upstairs getting ready while leaving Rarity downstairs with all her friends, and all those churning nervous sensations got even worse.

She lifted a hoof up to touch the necklace around her neck, and immediately felt better.  Reassured.  From a slender chain dangled a little shield, marked with the heart-and-note of her new cutie mark.  She took a deep breath, and let it out slowly, feeling calmer.  She turned to look at the brand new saddlebags hanging over the back of her chair.  Saddlebags ... with her cutie mark on them!  She let out a giddy little giggle.  She managed to get her cutie mark.  She was going to help other foals get their cutie marks.  Maybe even help adults find their cutie marks.  She could do anything!

o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  
I think I'm gonna like that...
I know I'm gonna like that...
I know I like my Cutie Marrrrrk!
o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  

The music brought some different music to her mind, thinking of Valen below.

o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  
Together at last!
Just us on our first date.
Together at last!
It's gonna be so great.

It's gonna be my first steps
To being all grown up.
I won't have anything but fun!

Don't need to be scared!
It's music and bright lights.
Don't need to be scared!
He makes everything feel right.

It's gonna be my first steps
To being all grown up.
I won't have anything but fun!
o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  o/~  

Knock Knock Knock.

Sweetie jumped up to her hooves, settled down her churning stomach, and hurried down the stairs to the front door, where she found Valen on the front step.  "Hi, Valen!" she said eagerly.  "Are you ready?"

• 2 months later...

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen could hear the singing as she approached, her beautiful voice echoing inside and carrying outside wonderfully. She really did have a voice that could make ponies weak in the knees, and it was more than a minor surprise that her cutie mark didn't have something to do with singing,. But he figured it shouldn't be that shocking as, after all. Rarity didn't have a cutie mark in fashion design. What you loved to do and were great at doing did not always correlate to what your special talent was, or your destiny. Now she knew what she needed to do, what she wanted to do, what she loved to do, and what she was good at. She was a lucky filly and even though Valen wasn't in an enormous rush to get his cutie mark he could admit to a little jealousness over how perfectly she had gotten hers.

In any manner of speaking such thoughts left him the moment the door was answered, his lovely date for the evening looking her very best. The skirt and dress combo, pink and black, worked very well on her, and the makeup was applied exceedingly well. She seemed fresher and more alluring than ever, brighter and more inviting than he could have imagined. It was enough to make a colt's knees weaken, if he needed any further cause to be weakened. For his number he was in a nice black suit with a red tie, mane well-cared for and coiffed to perfection. Together they made for a dashing young pair of ponies, did they not? He, the generous colt and she, the beatific filly. A date, an honest to Celestia date, and just the two of them. It would be such a nice time, of that he was sure.

“Hello there Madame Belle! I am more than ready. You look wonderful today, Sweetie. I love the skirt and dress combo!” Valen said, wondering if it was custom made because of how well it worked on her. Then he thought how silly of a thought it was. Of course it was. Her sister couldn't have it any other way, could she? And seeing it not, neither could Valen. “Are you excited to see the...” Valen struggled to remember the name, “Rapscallions of the Heartland?” He asked, then nodded, “yep, that's it. Must say, don't know anything about them. Some local group, I believe. Anyway, after you, m'lady,” Valen said, suave and all gentlecolt like. Because that described him to a tee, you see.

Sweetie Belle was taken aback by Valen's appearance.  She'd seen him in a suit before, of course, but it was such a flashy, bright gold suit.  Which had been a very nice suit, and had matched her dress perfectly!  But it brought the attention to his clothes.  To see him in something more traditional, though - simple black, but impeccably done, brought the attention to him.

Sweetie found her face heating up as she glanced away from Valen's face for a moment, then looked back up to him.  "Yes, um, I ... and yours look good too!  Not ... not a skirt and dress, of course, but a suit.  Your suit.  Well, more you.  You look ... nice.  *^_^*"  She quailed inside at how stupid she sounded.  "Uh, yes!  Yes, let's go! I mean, thank you!  I forgot to sy that.  Thank you!  And yes, I'm very excited!  I ... don't know anything about them, either, but I'm sure they'll be good!"

She closed the door behind her, and wondered if she had sprouted wings because it felt like she had to stretch to reach the ground beneath her hooves... and when he turned away for a few moments to lead the way down the front path, she lifted a hoof to bonk herself in the head.  Stop that!  What was wrong with her?  She had to be all fancy and ... and in-control, like Rarity!  She couldn't even think of the word that Rarity was, but it definitely meant fancy and in-control.  Poise, that was it!  She needed poise.  She needed her little heart to stop racing is what she needed.

She tried again.  "You are looking incredibly handsome today, Valen," she murmured, hoping he wouldn't hold her previous stammering against her.  A joke.  She needed a joke to help settle her nerves, and Rarity had mentioned one earlier.  "So I imagine that Applejack was curious which type of music the Rapscallions played - country or western?"

ValenOrange1withtext.png

It didn't take a psychologist to see how nervous Sweetie Belle was. She was overflowing with anxious energy, all out of sorts and flustered as she grew close to Valen. It was charming- it showed she cared, even if there were less flustered ways to show it. He was a bit more on solid ground because of his modeling experience. You had to stuff down all sense of anything except confidence not because it was the only thing you felt, but because anything else showed and that was bad for business. Still he didn't call her on it. It could be fun to poke her about it but he didn't know her well enough to know if she would find it something funny to play with or if she'd get offended. Either way, they were going to have fun, nervousness or not!

“Thank you. I tried to look my best tonight for you. I thought the white and black would look good at the concert and with you- well, unless the Rapscallion are an oddly named classical group, we should be the best dressed there,” Valen said, a concerted effort to hide the blush failing as he tried to be a nice little rock for the adorably excited Sweetie Belle to lean against. Then the topic moved to the Rapscallions, and how Applejack would try to nail down their music. “Hahahaha!” Valen laughed, Sweetie's joke hitting right, “yes, exactly that. No, I figure she didn't care much about the type of music they played. I think she was having much more fun at the idea of this date, and Apple Bloom at that,” he sighed, shaking his head with a smile.

“I don't know what style they play offhoof, actually. With a name like the Rapscallions maybe it is...umm, punk?”

• 2 months later...

"Oh, that's be nice!  I was hoping that they might do covers of music from Newscolts.  But punk is good, too!  I like punk music!  Punk music is great!"  She thought for a few moments... "What's punk music?"

She gave a shy little giggle.  "There's so many musical types I'm only finding out about lately!  There's this singer called Sapphire Shores, apparently she's kinda popular... my sister does work for her, and I got to listen to one of her shows!  She's pretty good.  I prefer showtunes, myself, but I do like her music!"

You gotta stop babbling, Sweetie!  He's not going to care if you don't know every type of music ever.  Talk about him!  "Um... what's your favorite type of music?"

ValenOrange1withtext.png

She could be so cute...in many situations, but also when she was trying to be very positive about everything, even things she is not aware of. "Punk music is like rock, but usually faster and shorter with trimmed down instrumentation and anti-establishment sort of messages. Hard edges sort of melodies and singing styles. Hmm, ever heard a song by the Roamanes?" He asked as they continued trotting, a beautiful day in Ponyville welcoming every step. What a wonderful day for a date thing!

Th topic turned to pop, of all things. He wasn't huge into pop but he could say that there was a lot of talent in Sapphire Shores, even if his tastes in pop went elsewhere. "Sapphire is very talented. My favorite is Countess Coloratura! She could sing her way out of a sinking ship, I tell you. Also an excellent performer. Pop, classical, rock, rap, country- she can really do it all. Doesn't hurt that Applejack knows her," he said as they continued talking. It was a pleasant day with a pleasant filly- no complaints from him.

Now to the important question: his own personal taste in music. It was hard. He didn't really have a favorite because he didn't really have a genre he liked less than others. Growing up in a city but spending time in the country gave you equal parts appreciation and respect for everything under the sun musically. "Hmm, that is a toughie. I am a fan of individual songs more than types of music and I have favorite songs in nearly every genre! But if I had to pick, I'd say classical. Have you ever heard Coloratura's song 'The Magic Inside of You'? Very moving. What is your favorite showtune?" He asked as they made their way ever closer.

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh!  Yeah!  The Roamanes did Fireworks to Stalliongrad, and Do You Wanna Dance, and I Wanna Be Your Coltfriend, and - um - "  She paused, and her pale cheeks pinkened brightly at that last title.

She was happy to shutup and just listen as he went on with what he was saying... "Oh, yeah, I kinda... was there in the front row, when she revised the song!  And then I was on stage singing with her for the first time she sang Equestria The Land I Love!  It was so beautiful!  I think I cried a little bit.  Well, the first time as the Countess.  She sang it when she was a little filly.  But it was so amazing.  I actually sang in front of a crowd!  I've never done that before!"

She had to think about that last question, though.  "My favorite showtune," she mused.  "Faaaaaavorite showtune.  Woooo, now that's a tricky question.  Different once for different moods, right?  Sometimes I need a pick-me up, sometimes I'm just happy about how the day is going.  Sometimes I need something that'll keep me from being bored during chores..."  And for just a moment, her little nervous brain faltered, and she couldn't remember the name of a single solitary showtune!  But thank goodness, after a few moments of desperate panic, everything came back.  "I guess, one of my consistent favorites is Tomorrow."

She raised her head and opened her mouth, and her musical voice sang forth, o/~ The sun'll come up, tomorrow!  Bet your final last bit that tomorrow ... there'll be sun ... o/~

ValenOrange1withtext.png

It was good to hear that her taste expanded into some true classics of the form. The Romanes were likely few ponies' favorite artist, but they were well-respected and beloved all the same for it. What made it all the better was how she blushed after saying coltfriends. She really was a sweet little gem, wasn't she? "They certainly had a lot of great songs. Punk can produce some fine artists," he said, continuing to trot alongside her closely.

He was pleased to hear she knew it, and even a little jealous she had been there for the first ever performance. And then as bit taken aback, and proud, that she had sung Equestria My Home with her! "Well, I'll be a country colt. That is amazing! You know, 'The Magic Inside of You' is the number one song in Equestria right now. You know what else is in the top five? 'Equestria My Home'. She was a star before. Now she is a megastar! Talk about being honest to yourself helping you soar, right?" He asked. They could see the venue now, and the many ponies streaming towards it. Ahh, what a beautiful walk!

She thought long and hard about her favorite showtunes, which he could understand. There was something about Gilded that made the Countess a more appealing artist than when he was Valen, when Rara was more his style. No doubt this was common to everypony! Then she started to nail it down, selecting Tomorrow- a good pick, one he liked much more as she started to sing. Her voice could sell out stadiums. "o/~ Just thinkin' about tomorrow," he joined in, matching her tone and pitch if not quality ad delivery, "o/~Clears away the cobwebs and...the sorrow, 'til there's none o/~" he continued, finishing as they reached a line- a line for entrance to the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetie's eyes widened as she saw the gathering fans outside the Rapscallions' concert... all black clothing and studded hoofbands, and manes spiked up into crazy spikes and designs, and that one was just a mess that almost looked like it was the world's worst bed-head, except it could only be managed through truly amazing amounts of hairgel.  That colt over there was wearing a helmet with a spike to fit over a horn, and all sorts of magical lights were blinking all over the faceplate.  And earrings everywhere!  Even in places that weren't ears!  That mare had an earring in her lip, and that colt had an earring in his nose!

"Ohmigosh," she whispered to Valen, her eyes wide.  "Ohmigosh.  Look at all of them!  They look so ... "  She searched for the right word.  It was like there wasn't even the proper adjective to put on something like this... "different!"  Different was a word, yes.  "I bet Babs would fit *right* in here!  Look, that mare has a mane just like hers!"

"I love your helmet!" she said to the one wearing a helmet, then to the mare standing next to him, "And your lip-earrings!  They look so shiny, but didn't that *hurt*?  Wow, you must REALLY love fashion to do that to look shinier!  And you!" she turned to a mare with an obviously dyed mane spiked up to almost double her height.  "That hair is *amazing!*  I love it so much!  How did you even *do* that?  Ohmigosh, everyone here is dressed up so *fancy*!  but not traditional fancy!  It's like... dark and dirty fancy!  I've never seen anything like it!"

The collection of unusually attired was rather wonderful. No doubt punk fans were a unique bunch; double no doubt that they could be spotted at their concerts
a mile or so away if they were large enough. You could not mistake a punk show for a classical pianist' performance, and you wouldn't expect a ballet. The
piercings and body modifications were always very interesting, but he didn't know if he could do it. Well he did know and no, he couldn't. Or wouldn't. And very
definitely shouldn't, look at what it could do to a coat or a mane or a body part- there was room for models in that vein, but not for him, oh no no! But at least
he knew what sort of music to expect. Their guesses had been correct! Punk music it was.

Sweetie ran around, talking to each and every interesting pony around, and there were a lot of interesting ponies to talk with. Luckily, contrary to how they were
portrayed, the average punk pony was no worse than the average Equestrian- meaning they were very friendly for the most part, and who couldn't find Sweetie
Belle adorable? She was in good hooves as the ponies replied to her, telling her about all their cool piercings or cool tattoos and telling her how to get her own
and generally filling her head with nice, friendly advice that would drive Rarity batty one day. This also allowed him to check the tickets in, and they got their
place in line while Sweetie Belle continued being adorable. he let out a laugh.

"I guess our guess that it was punk was right, yes?"

Sweetie Belle looked over to Valen with a huge grin on her face.  Everypony here was so friendly!  "Oh, was it?  Why, is this what punk looks like?  I like it!  But even though they're nice, they're acting so gloomy!  I bet Pinkie's sister Maud would fit right in here!"

She paused for a moment as inspiration struck her.  "Wait... is that what you're supposed to do at a Punk concert?  Be all serious and stuff?  Is being excited impolite?  Oh, I don't want to be impolite!  Here, I'll try to be more punk."

She put on her best 'serious face', lips pressed together, head a bit down, trying to affect the same "I don't care" posture as the mass of ponies around them.  "Oh!  hey, they're selling black t-shirts!  Do you think I should get one and wear it over my dress?  That mare is wearing a shiny skirt and a black t-shirt!  I bet my black and pink skirt would look just fine with a black t-shirt!"  She pulled out a little tiny bit purse from a hidden pocket and checked inside to see how many bits she had.  Yup, that 'being serious and dour' thing sure lasted a long time.

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Nothing was greater in this world than Sweetie Belle trying to fit in when she fit in anywhere and everywhere she wanted by the virtue of her optimism and
sweetness. Punk was known for its aggressiveness and energy and for fans who had a style and attitude all their own. All of these things simply meant that
Sweetie Belle could only get cuter as she tried to mimic what she believed was needed to fit in. She couldn't stay dour and sullen if the sun was about to
collapse. It was a defineable and attractive trait of hers, this undying joy and optimism, and he had to stifle a giggle as she tried to be dour. It was impossible
for her and in short order she wondered if their fashion could be her fashion.

Of course it could. It may take a little while getting used to, but he had looked at her form from a model's perspective and thought she could make anything
work. "I think that shirt would look wonderful on you, Sweetie. Here, let's pool our bits together- actually, see how much it is. If you want, I could pay for it,"
Valen said, taking out his own bit purse. It should work out well either way, and they had some time for some spending before the show would start. Besides,
she wanted one. And she'd look great in it. And if she looked great and felt greatm them great would be the word used to describe the day and when Sweetie
told Rarity, Rarity would know it was great because of such nice things and he wouldn't get zapped. truly, many great things.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle gave Valen an impetuous hug.  "Oh, thank you!  We can split it, if you want!  I don't want you to spend that much money all by yourself!"  She grinned happily and went digging through the t-shirts for sale, trying to find one she liked.  "Oh, goodness!  This one has a skull, and skulls seem to be 'in' around here... Oh, this one has a rainbow on it!  How pretty!  This one has a skull and a snake... Oh, a spider!  I dunno, I met some mean spiders once.  And they have wash-out black mane dye.  Oh, they have dog collars!  So your pet can be punk, too!  or..."  She looked around at all the ponies wearing dog collars.  "maybe they're for ponies to wear?"

She looked to Valen, uncertain, one hoof holding up a t-shirt with a strangely adorable kitten skeleton next to a spider-web-filled food bowl, the other hoof holding one of the collars and a tube of mane dye  ... "I don't know what to buy!  They're all so interesting!  What do you prefer?"

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Sweetie Belle was interested in almost everything that she saw, her positive energy almost overflowing. Nonetheless, he could try and pry his eyes away from her and the energy she was providing for just a moment and help her make a fashion decision. Sure, it was punk fashion and he wasn't sure that he would classify that as the sort of fashion he would have imagined her being most comfortable with, but when in Roam, do as the Roamans do. So she had picked out some fashions and he his trained eyes went to work, imagining how they'd work with her.

It would all come across as forced, since it clashed with her bubbly personality and normal brightness. But that didn't mean she couldn't rock some of this for a while and look fetching in them. The t-shirt was her size and featured a skeleton cat, who likely perished because somepony had forgotten to fill her bowl! By design it wasn't going to make anypony a supermodel, but there was enough charm and pep to it that it worked for her. In the other hoof, a collar and some mane dye. He wasn't sure about the color, but he knew that her mane was beautiful just the way it was. That and he was certain that if he delivered Rarity a Sweetie Belle with a different colored mane, he would be in some trouble. 

"I think that shirt would look wonderful on you," he asked, walking over and taking a collar and dye for himself. She seemed 'in' to it all, so he would do as the Roamans do. "I'll get the collar. Think I should do anything with my mane?"

• 3 weeks later...

Sweetie Belle nodded and hoofed over her half of the bits for the purchase, smiling happily to the swagpony and chirping out a bright "Thank you!"  Then she immediately pulled the t-shirt on over her dress, immediately looking more appropriately here.

"Hrm..." she pondered, looking at Valen, then around at all the ponies around here.  "Maybe just... dye one forelock black?  That looks like what they're doing around here... "  As Valen was looking at the instructions for applying and washing out the black dye, Sweetie Belle took the collar from him and fastened it snugly around his neck.  She gave a bashful little grin.  "It's kinda silly.  Was I supposed to get a leash for you, too?" she giggled at the absurd idea of leading Valen around on a leash.  "I had no idea that there were so many ponies like this around!  Do you see anypony we know?"

ValenOrange1withtext.png

If Valen was being honest with himself, she looked a wee bit ridiculous. Not because of the shirt, mind you, not alone at least. That would look good on her just because he thought almost anything would look good on her. The real issue was the shirt over the dress, a clash of styles and function that would be clear to anypony who saw her. But did he care? No. And he doubted she did, or that the ponies at the show would. Instead he thought it just added to her already elite charm. "Looking very charming there, Punkie Belle," he teased playfully.

Onto him: One forelock dyed. And a leash? He looked around. She was right for the most part. This did appear to be the fashion. One forelock dyed in the fashion world was a bold statement- mixing the new with the bold, and making the new so obvious and up front and different that it said more about you than dying the whole mane would. And the leash- was she? Seemed to be a mix. Many with collars and no leash, some with. It seemed to be something left up to the devices of the individual.

"I don't think a leash is necessarily required, but I do see some ponies with them- so if you want?" he asked, not sure how he felt about being leashed. He looked to the vendor- "Do you have a towel? And where is the closest bathroom?" he asked.The mare hooved over a used- lots of hair dying today- small hoof towel and pointed to a row of portable wooden toilets. "Thank you! I'm going to go ahead and use that one right there-" he pointed at an unoccupied one, "here is twenty bits. If you want a leash, a drink, and maybe another accessory, go wild! And we'll meet just outside of the toilet with my mane done and we'll head in!" he said excitedly, giving her a big ol hug squeeze before heading to do the mane deed.

• 2 months later...

Cheerilee was sad to admit that she didn't have much of a social life.  First off, just prepping the lesson plans, grading homework, and taking care of all the administrative stuff at the school took up so much of her time.  Then, when she had a few spare moments, she was all too aware of having to always be a good example for the fillies and colts she was responsible to, even during her off hours.  One mistake outside of school could sabotage all the respect she'd earned from the youngsters!

Still, she sometimes missed her younger carefree days, going to wild concerts and parties and staying up to all hours.  The energy, the music, the ponies.  Hearing that the punk rock band "Rapscallions of the Heartland" was going to be playing near Ponyville had brought all that nostalgia for a misspent youth to the forefront!  And it was the one place she was positive that her young students would never be found.  This was for the older fillies and colts, the ones who were already rebels.  Maybe, just for a night, she could let herself be herself.

So she'd dug some of her old punk clothes out of the back of the closet, blowing the dust off of them.  The pseudo-corset, all its straps hanging loose and undone, over the top of a sleeveless tee-shirt.  The ragged white lace skirt and black armwraps over the black underskirt.  The long black socks.  She giggled and grinned happily as she looked at it in the mirror.  She was a mess, and she looked great!

Once she got to the show, though, things seemed a little off.  Not that she wasn't glad to be here and looking forward to the music, but she didn't remember the concerts being so full of ... such young ponies!  How old were they, really?  A few overheard fragments of conversation told her that a lot of these young ponies were old enough to be in college.  When did college ponies start looking so young?

And just when she was thinking about that a little too much, she saw young Sweetie Belle and her sometime student Valen Orange, buying trinkets from a small shop here!  What... what in Equestria were they doing here?!  Did their parents know where they were!  Wait... were they on a date?!  Part of her wanted to squee with delight, the other protested that they were far too young to worry about dates!

She wanted to meld back into the crowd, and perhaps leave before either of them saw her, but it was too late, just as she spotted them, they spotted her.  What to say, what to say!?  "Hiiiiiii guyyyys, umm.. F-Fancy meeting you two here!! Ahem, umm... Having fun?" 

Awkwarrrrrrd!

Archived