The Changing of Guards (Calling all Royal Equestrian Guards!)

((STILL OPEN!!! Characters of any position accepted-whether they may be a huge fan of REA, an aspiring guard, a retired guard...etc.! This is a summit, for the bigger the usually-better!))

((RP IS HERE: 

))

Please provide general details about your OC. Pictures are optional.

What branch of the Royal Equestrian Army does your OC belong to?

What position does your OC uphold?

What opinions does your OC have on previous attacks on Equestria?

Here is my sample form:

Agile Speeds
Stallion, Pegasus
Known for his strong flight skills, agility, and keen observational powers
The Wonderbolts
Command Chief Master Sergeant of the Wonderbolts (Reports directly to Spitfire, was chosen by hoof by Spitfire "FireFoxx")
He believes that there is no battle without a plan, and that there is a reason behind every plan. He does not believe in making rash decisions, and hopes that this council will provide a solid, long-term solution in dealing with future threats that may undermine his home. He understands both sides of things, but hopes to not just defend such attacks, but to prevent any in the coming as well.

!!!RULES!!!
-No godmodding allowed (I see everyone that signed up is already an rp-er, so following general basic rp rules would be advised).
-Leave room for expansion and replies
-Express the opinions of your character, not yourself (this is something I get caught doing a lot; leaving character on topics I'm passionate about).
-Each character has its own opinions, do not go sinning on other characters. However, presenting valid points against the character's opinion is allowed. So...debate, not arguments.

The Chair
The Chair is the overseer (kinda like the game master) of the summit/meeting. Everything that the Chair declares shall be rule, and their word cannot be opposed (In short, they make the final decisions). They are the judges, keeping each character in order and granting out warnings. They give the opening and closing speeches, provide any accommodations needed for disabilities (if any character has any disability). They open debate, close debate, call out recesses, answer any questions or notes from participents. They're mlp judges. Just go by that.

The chair will probably be one of the Princesses (hopefully dearest Celly~))

Notes
During the summit, characters are not allowed to speak to one another. Especially not while another character is speaking. Instead, they may choose to use notes to communicate with fellow participants. Notes shall be written inside quotes, pages/couriers shall be waiting at the side of the room to deliver them. Fear not, all notes are confidential, and the couriers are trained to keep their lips sealed. Notes may be sent to any character, including the Chair.

Example:

To the Chair, from Agile Speeds (characters may choose to use their full titles, their names, or just surnames).
When will the next recess be?
Thank you.

Post Summary:

-Character entrance into meeting room

-Character introduction and summary on REA improvements to be made

-Character in-depth explanation in thoughts on topic 

-Debate for characters to come onto a general compromise on the topic (actions against future attacks on Equestria) [No post order required]

-Compromise resolution presented by Agile Speeds to Princess Celestia, and conclusion by Agile

-Last thoughts from Princess Celestia, conclusion of summit by the Princess

Other rules may be added as I see fit (or, as the Chair feels fit).

Members and Posting Order:
-Lyipheoryia (Chief Master Sergeant)
-StarswirltheBearded (Chair)*
-DerpRaverner (EPIC Member)
-MidnightMask (Recruit)
-PrinceoftheNight (Recruit)
-Scootalux (Staff Sergeant)
-FireFoxx (Captain)
-Zeig (Private First Class)
-LunarRelic (inactive)
-Bellosh101 (General)
-Imagination (Captain)
-Arcus (Lieutenant Colonel) 

-Eventide (Sergeant Major)
-Moonshinetheleocat (Captain)
-Quillhart (Private)

-ShadowBolt (Sergeant)

*Starswirl reserves the right to post at any time, as long as it directly relates to his duties as chair.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arcus Revenir

Stallion, Pegasus

Known for his part in managing the 'Guardians' unit, and of course, for his proficiency in using a bow.

R.E.A, Royal Guards

Lieutenant Colonel of the Royal Guard.

He wants them to simply, never happen again. By serving and managing the 'Guardians' unit, he has vowed to protect Equestria from danger, by beasts or by others. He hopes that he can contribute his knowledge to this council, and indeed, help defend Equestria.

• 5 weeks later...

Name: Darkness Knight

Species: Pegasus

CM: A winged sword

Appearance: Blue eyes, grey fur and tail, has scratches around his body except his chest, as well as one crossing one eye

He, even though he is a pegasus, is able to carry more weight a normal one could do, he uses the heavy version of the armor and is skilled with swords and shields

Night guards

​recruit.

Edited because reasons

He thinks that something must be done, as the attacks had somewhat proven that the guards are not that effective.

Not sure why more guard ponies haven't stepped up, since I know for a fact we have more. A lot more.

But maybe we already have a list somewhere. Can't remember! I've been out of the game awhile.

Anyway, just in case:

Reveille

Please provide general details about your OC.  Pictures are optional.

Command presence

Old war horse/combat veteran

Excellent endurance and stamina

Current:

Royal Equestrian Army Recruit Training Division

Former:

Law Enforcement Battalion - Manehattan

Counter-Offensive Unit - Pinto Desert (in support of frontier settlements)

Master Sergeant

Chief Drill Instructor

He feels the higher-ups believe too much in the strength of the Elements of Harmony/miracles and not enough in the preparation of their military. Equestria and its territories have gotten lucky, and it's only a matter of time before the Army must step in to perform major defensive duties, which he also feels it is not prepared to do. The Changeling invasion of Canterlot is a sore example, with the entirety of the guard force being overwhelmed by an enemy they didn't even realize was among them.

Naj

Please provide general details about your OC.

A former hive guard, and as such trained in unarmed combat and ambush tactics.

Naj was exiled from the changeling kingdom some time ago, and has since joined Equestria as a legal citizen.

The branch of the Royal Equestrian Army does your OC belong to?

Though not a member of the REA herself, Naj is a member of EPIC, an organization meant for protecting Equestria.

EPIC does not have a strict command structure, though Naj would likely be a lower ranking member.

What opinions does your OC have on the previous attacks on Equestria?

Having been on both sides in conflicts with Equestria, in Naj's experience what is most needed is more intelligence.  Whatever the reasons, the REA seemed to be caught off guard in both instances at which she was present.  What's more, she wants to protect Equestria's attitude and way of life as well as its borders.  To that end, she believes better intelligence leading to focused action would be far better than simply arming up.

Pummel: imposing officer, harsh disciplinarian, pushes his soldiers to their limits, and leads from the front. Reports directly to Princess Twilight (played by SteelEagle).

Here's a record of his past RPs: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/11271-bellosh101s-investment-portfolio/?p=372322

Task Force Suntrot - Commanding Officer

REA General (was previously a colonel)

Gen. Pummel personally feels that more can be done to safeguard Equestria, and thus has personally worked hard toward that goal. However, it is also his duty to instill discipline and a respect of authority within the ranks. The good General is rational enough to hear the council out, should they have any sensible proposals for reform. Once Pummel feels though his time's being wasted, or if he perceives misconduct from somepony, the veteran stallion won't hesitate to rant.

------

One other thing: I would appreciate it if at least one or two of the guards make reference to the pamphlets, lectures, and other publicized material of Prof. Morianna Razorclaw. She is the fiercest critic of the Royal Princesses that you'll find in WoE, and it's her goal to make as much ponies as possible question the competence of the alicorns. To get an accurate sense of how Prof. Morianna goes about it, please read through this (unfinished) RP. Again, it would mean a lot to me if my Razorclaw matriarch's views are brought up. :)

Neato! Let me dig down the low ranks and give you something to get furious at!

Punk Walker

Stallion, Pegasus

Known for: His ability to improvise, cheating, subtly defying authority, having humor, agility, problem solving skills, being despised by General Pummel, pranking. 

And very loud and in your face.

Guard duty, with Canterlot as the main base. Though he's disposable and many authorities prefer to move him around and away from them to keep order ensured.

Private punk Walker is his title.

He'd probably be an officer if he pulled himself together and listened for once though. He's really great at working around a tight spot.

He's in the defending branch of - Task force Suntrot

It'll be alright. How bad can it be, right? He's sure the princesses got it figured. He'll be sure to bring popcorn next time it happens though! It's a great show! Also the elements of Harmony is powerful enough to fight off just about anything! Why should he have to do anything? Yeah, he's probably on this meeting in hopes for free snacks mainly. He has a thing for being where he technically shouldn't be   :)

Please inform me if I messed up with the ranks or anything of the like. I'm not very sure what canon we have with the military on this site :(

Would every REA character here know Bellosh's character?

Maybe?

He is a general, after all. x3

Punk doesn't know him personally but they do indeed know of each other's existence ;)

Yeah I'd say that's safe to say that they would.

------

One other thing: I would appreciate it if at least one or two of the guards make reference to the pamphlets, lectures, and other publicized material of Prof. Morianna Razorclaw. She is the fiercest critic of the Royal Princesses that you'll find in WoE, and it's her goal to make as much ponies as possible question the competence of the alicorns. To get an accurate sense of how Prof. Morianna goes about it, please read through this (unfinished) RP. Again, it would mean a lot to me if my Razorclaw matriarch's views are brought up. :)

My OC can bring that up at some poiny, but being against her.

He is in love with Luna, so he would be against it yet give an example of why the guards should orginize beter.

Bubble Bath (Unicorn Mare specializing in bubble magic) might be sent to attend and share a report on possible naval threats, which she will do her best not to screw up. :D

What branch of the Royal Equestrian Army does your OC belong to? Naval

What position does your OC uphold? Recruit.

What opinions does your OC have on previous attacks on Equestria? Considering the amount of problems being taken care of by the Princess of Friendship and her entourage, it seems likely that trend will continue. Friendship magic managed to beat Tirek after absorbing the power of all the alicorn princesses, Discord, and a huge portion of Equestria. That is some weapon's grade friendship! 

The best plan is to encourage REG unity to it's absolute fullest heights, including regular mixers, fun drills and exercises together, and community outreach. If friendship is power, the REG needs to be at it's friendliest if it's to tap into it.

I shall post the extra rules in the next few days (which are to be widely based on Model United Nations Procedures and Rules-so read up on those if you have free time).  For now, I shall go pm for a few more character.  If you know anyone with a Royal Guard OC, feel free to tell them about this thread!  The more the merrier-it is a summit, after all!

Would every REA character here know Bellosh's character?

Maybe?

He is a general, after all. x3

Probably for the Army section.  The Wonderbolts would all know Spitfire, and...I haven't seen a high-ranking naval officer as of yet.

I shall post the extra rules in the next few days (which are to be widely based on Model United Nations Procedures and Rules-so read up on those if you have free time).

Eh, are you quite certain this thread requires such a rigid system of rules? From what I gather, this RP is meant to run like like an advisory committee or think tank. Therefore, wouldn't a gathering like this one logically resemble more of a bog-standard office conference rather than a formal UN session? Especially since unlike a UN session, we won't be dealing with dozens of delegates.

Archived