Princess Ember (FiM Cast) (Ready)

Lux

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria
Name : Princess Ember formerly, now Dragon Lord Ember

Sex: Female
Species: Dragon
Eye colour: Deep Red with dark blue eye shadow
Character Color: Aqua Blue with Turquoise on the front of her body. She has a Dark Blue scale patterns on parts of her body, tail tip and spines on top of her head.
Physique: Princess Ember isn't the strongest of dragons and is very small for her species. Her small size does bring the benefits of increased speed and agility. She also has two downward curving horns, although they can't be used much for combat. She can also move and fly well despite being in armor and carrying others on her back.
Residence: The Dragon Peaks with her father, Torch, and mother Flare. 
Occupation: Formerly the Daughter of the Dragon Lord Torch, currently The Dragon Lord.
Cutie Mark: None

History: Ever since she was a hatchling, Ember was placed with great expectations of being the daughter of the current Dragon Lord. She was taught that strength and power were all that mattered among dragons and that who had the most of these traits were deemed fit to rule. Because her father knew that she was not as strong as other dragons, and maybe because out of love, Princess Ember was prohibited from participating in many of the physical challenges that dragons engaged in throughout the year, much to her dismay. To make matters worse, she was often teased by other dragons due to her small frame despite her title as Princess. It didn't help that her father was the one of the biggest dragons in Dragon Peak! Because of this, Ember always took opportunities to prove that she was just as worthy of respect as other dragons, maybe even more. This often brought her father's disappointment upon her.

Another thing that Ember was taught was that friendship was meaningless. What mattered were strong alliances only to vanquish enemies. It didn't help that dragons only met in mass for certain events and then dispersed across the lands just as quickly as they met. With these in mind and her teasing from other dragons, Ember felt it was best being and doing things by herself. After all, would she really want a "boulderhead" as a friend? She had a few friends growing up,but they were all fleeting and once again Ember was left alone. She began to form a a wall of emotions around her, rebuffing any signs of emotions that would show her as weak. It wasn't until she met a certain dragon and his pony friends that she experienced a culture that valued and encouraged emotions and friendship. It couldn't have happened at the worst time as Ember, upon hearing her father was passing on the title of Dragon Lord, to prove that she could be strong by competing. Even worse was the small dragon wanted to help her! She rebuffed him and his pony friends, but the more that he offered his help even at the cost of not becoming Dragon Lord, the more that she realized what she had been missing by rejecting friendship!

After being given the title of Dragon Lord, Princess Ember has a new outlook on the world. Granted she doesn't think that she'll go as far as being like ponies. Still she does plan to hopefully promote dragons working together more, focusing on other strengths like intelligence and confidence, and open relations up with ponies. Perhaps one day she'll be as friendly as the ponies she met and spread friendship among dragons... maybe.

Character Personality: Princess Ember has a complex personality. At first glance she's very independent, seeing dependence as weakness. She is initially cold and hostile towards others, rebuffing any sings of affection of attempts at friendship they may have. She understands what friendship but sees it as not needed at best and a weakness at its worst. She also doesn't like to show any of her positive emotions towards others like joy, mainly reflecting disgust and at times anger. She also doesn't like to talk about her feelings. This personality is mainly a means to shield herself from being disappointed by fair-weather friends and to show her strength.

Recently though, her personality has shifted. She has become willing to help others and even to accept friendship in her life, realizing how she was acting towards others. It was in this moment that her true personality shown through rather than the facade she put up. Although she has taken a step towards being more open, Ember still has difficulty warming up completely to others. 

Besides being the daughter of the Dragon Lord and now the Dragon Lord herself, Ember does have a thirst for life and tries to quench it by doing activities on her own. She loves physical activities like exploring new areas of Dragon Peak, testing her agility and speed, and of course flying! She also has a taste for history as she loves learning about the history of dragons. Despite not wanting to be helped by others often, she can and will help other dragons if they are in dire need of aid. 

Character Summary: Ember is a dragon who although abrasive and hard to trust others is willing to change for the better and accept friendship in her life.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, QuickLime said:

(I think you mean eye shadow, not eye liner :) )

Yeah, it's a work in progress. Hey, I'm a guy IRL so cosmetics isn't my forte. :sans:

Hi Lux! I'd be happy to review this one for you :D

Overall, what you have looks great! What I would like to see is perhaps one more angle on Ember. Something aside from what we see about her in the show but would go along with her character. Perhaps something else she likes to do? Or something she is planning on now that she is the Dragon Lord. Something to flesh out the character a bit beyond the one episode of FiM that we have seen her in.

Let me know when you've added and I'll take a look :)

Ok, so I added a few bits of likes and personality traits to her, and I think it's ready for a second look. 

Archived