Jìjìng fēngbào (Silent Storm) (Ready)

Lux

Spoiler

jijing_fengbao_redesign_by_kitsune85-dap

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Jìjìng fēngbào ( 风暴 阵无声) -Roughly translated as Silent Storm. He dislikes when somepony pronounces his given name incorrectly and often prefers just using the translated one.

Sex: Male

Age: Older Stallion (He never tells how old he is as he believes age is merely a number.)

Species: Qilin

Eye colour: Green

Coat: A deep red with two golden yellow horns, a golden yellow underbelly, and gold scales scattered on his body.

Mane/Tail: His mane and tail were once white as snow but due to age has turned a greyed white. He keeps his mane secured in a ponytail so as not to have it interfere with his training. This tail is a wispy tuft like a fan.  Silent Storm also has a greyed white beard and large white eyebrows.

Physique: Despite being older,  Jìjìng fēngbào has the strength and lithe physique of a younger stallion through his training and discipline. 

Residence: Formerly in Long Guo in Fenghuang Valley currently traveling Equestria

Occupation: Formerly a warrior protecting the Qilin lands, now a  teacher of martial arts, particularly Qigong.

Cutie Mark: A grey stylized storm cloud with three lightning bolts. Jijing Fengbao as a colt was the target of bullies because he was not the strongest Qilin in his school and was introverted. He learned of a martial arts school in his village of  Fenghuang Valley which Jijing traveled to. There he met the teacher there who at first was not pleased with the Qilin's reasoning for learning the martial arts to get stronger so he could "beat up the bullies" nor did he see him as being martial arts type. But with the colt's pleas the master agreed and started him on the path of instruction after the colt got out of school. It was grueling work for the Qilin learning the forms and attacks, exercising his body by climbing up and down the steps to the school and hiking through the woods, and meditating all the while under his master's strict but kind tutelage. It was one day while returning home from school that he saw some townsfolk being harassed by a known bandit. He got the courage to stand up to him despite the bandit's fighting skills being stronger than his. Instead of beating him, he used his skills to knock his off balance and block his attacks. Eventually the bandit became tired and was soon subdued by other members of the martial arts school. The master and the townsfolk learned how the bandit was defeated earning the young Jijing fame. It was only then upon learning that martial arts was about discipline and knowing when to or not to use it that he received his cutie mark, representing how thunder comes from silence and storms come from calm.

Unique Traits: Jijing Fengbao is a gifted martial artist, learning during his lifetime several styles and forms as well as weapons training. His favorite weapon is a simple staff. Even though he knows these skills, he rarely uses them against others unless when his life or other lives are at peril. He merely practices these forms to keep physically active and his skills sharpened. Beyond his martial arts skills, he excels in meditation and Qigong, a technique that uses forms and breathing to harness his inner energy. While he is not the strongest of fighters, Jijing uses his agility and skills to outsmart his opponents, using fast attacks to stun others and paralyze parts of their body.

Like other Qilin, Jijing has a breath magic that aids him in his martial arts. Expelling his magic while fighting gives him a rush of energy that increases his stamina and agility slightly. His breath, when combined with Qigong, can be used to help the body heal from pain and injury and even illness by balancing the energy centers known as chakras. Qigong doesn't automatically heal somepony but promotes faster healing, nor can this technique be used to treat mortal woulds or major illness.

History: As a colt his parents knew that Jijing would be destined for great things, but they never thought that their shy introverted Qilin would be dedicating his life to martial arts! The colt loved to read stories about the lone warrior who fought off bandits or the beautiful empress who befriended a street urchin who sought to fight against an honor less adviser to an ailing emperor. Having a martial arts school in the village helped fuel his dream that one day he'd become a legendary Qilin warrior. But in reality the colt was too clumsy and not athletic when he tried to mimic the moves he learned in books, and so he had to settle with his fantasies. His parents encouraged him to dream but also encouraged that should he not be a warrior he always had a place at the family restaurant near  Fenghuang Valley

After his training and earning his cutie mark, Jijing continued to train under his master's tutelage, eventually earning the title of Master. There he went on to training others the secrets of martial arts while also traveling throughout the Qilin region to suppress foes, heal the hurt, and spread his knowledge and skills. One fateful day the now older Jijing raced to defeat a notorious raider laying siege to a village. Although he defeated the raider with his skills, to his horror the village was destroyed. This left a dark blot on his memory, and with it the knowledge that both his honor was tarnished and that he was getting too old to fight! With his parents passed on and the school in capable hooves of his students he made as Masters, the Qilin sought to spend the rest of his life traveling to Equestria and teaching ponies how to defend themselves and the secrets of Qigong to help ease pain and promote healing.

Character Personality: At first Jijing Fengbao can be seen as cold and abrasive. He believes trust, and with it the freedom to open up to others, must be earned. Once that trust is earned, he can become a loyal friend who will give his time, energy, and even life helping them. This doesn't mean he is opposed to talking to others, but upon first meeting somepony he is strictly business. Once he gets to know somepony, Jijing does show he can be friendly and mirthful, although his training keeps these in check. Perhaps his two most detestable traits a pony can have is one who betrays another one's trust and somepony who is apathetic towards others. Even with these negative qualities, Jijing does keep his anger in check, learning earlier on that anger leads to loss of control and honor, having a state of calm around him no matter what is going on. He is also not boastful of his talents, preferring to keep his training secret until he lets needs to use them or to train others, at which point he lets his training speak for itself. Ironically, Jijing does not talk about his time fighting bandits and raiders, feeling that pang of dishonor for not saving the village. It is a gripping fear of failure and a reminder of his age when he could not save the village, and no matter how much he tries to focus on the good memories, he can't let go of his one failure. 

Although he prefers solitude at times, the Qilin knows being a hermit will help none and does make an effort to meet others. He does not concern himself much with politics but does have an interest in history and culture. He also doesn't concern himself with popularity or wealth or power as these he sees as fleeting. 

Character Summary:

Jijing Fengbao is a strong warrior who is trying to create a new life for himself in a new world and hopefully put to rest his feeling of failure and dishonor. He must learn to transition from a warrior to teacher in this new land. 

Most of what I'm seeing in this WiP is looking real good, but I got one little thing to nag about:

On 5/6/2016 at 8:25 AM, Lux said:

One fateful day the now older Jijing raced to defeat a warlord laying siege to a village.

At the risk of spoiling upcoming Lore, I have to let you know that warlords probably won't be running about in the realm where your OC likely comes from. If you want more details, IM me on Skype! ^_^

15 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Most of what I'm seeing in this WiP is looking real good, but I got one little thing to nag about:

At the risk of spoiling upcoming Lore, I have to let you know that warlords probably won't be running about in the realm where your OC likely comes from. If you want more details, IM me on Skype! ^_^

Intriguing... 

*Pst*  I do believe  寂静风暴 means "most quiet storm", not "silent storm".  (Coming from a Chinese-speaking person).

Because 寂 means "most", or "the most"; and 静 means "quiet" in the context of "It's so quiet".

Ah ok. I was using Google translator with simplified Chinese.

Also, because of the new Lore being created, I'm keeping this as WiP until it gets fleshed out so as not to run counter to the Lore. I'll still work on bits and pieces but not finish it just yet.

No worries: just as long as you refrain from describing your OC's homeland in detail, this app won't run counter to Lore. Feel free to mark it as [Ready] at the earliest opportunity. :)

Archived