[Canterlot] Walking on Moonshine?[OPEN]

MyLittlePonyTales

(Only normal characters in this Crossover please. :) )

How late was it again? Princess Luna couldn't remember exactly what time she'd left the castle...she hadn't been gone long, right?

After having quite a bit of...something, Luna couldn't remember what...Wine, right? Perhaps champagne...probably both, actually. She'd been fairly sober but felt slightly perky, enough to venture out of Canterlot Castle and into the city. She need to meet some new ponies, make some friends...

She hadn't told Celestia where she was going or that she was even leaving. Maybe she should have...

Nah, Celestia needn't worry about her. Luna could take care of herself. She was a big pony.

Hrm, where was she? There weren't a whole lot of other ponies around. Just then, she noticed grass beneath her feet. So cool and nice...and comfy...

Luna slunk down onto the cool ground, tucking her front hooves underneath herself and drooping her head over one bent leg. Just a short nap...she surely couldn't be caught like this...being a Princess and all...napping in a park wouldn't do...

• 3 weeks later...

Knightly saw Princess Luna in the park lying down. It seemed like her and himself where the only ones in the park. it was pretty late and that's what he was expecting. Knightly was actually surprised that the princess was just laying down during the night he thought she was more of a night pony. He went over to where the little princess was lying down. He didn't want to startle her but he just might because sometimes it cant be helped. "Hello little princess Luna what are you doing out here during the night. it seems like your pretty sleepy there." He smiled down at the little alicorn as he was speaking in a soft voice.

Luna's wings were sprawled out, in a sort of lay-where-she-fell manner. She was half on her side, her mouth hanging open and her breathing a bit raspy. However, when she heard the voice of the other pony, her eyes fluttered open. Realizing that she was all askew, her eyes opened wider, and she practically leapt to her feet. But as she did so, she nearly lost her balance, swaying and stepping sideways a couple of times until she came to rest against the white pegasus.

"S-srry." she mumbled, but she was too incoherent to move. "I...um...is..." Luna tried to speak a sentence, but that was proving difficult.

"Whaaattt." Luna started, drawing out the word in a slur, "is the place?"

Knightly noticed that Luna was now leaning up against him and really couldn't move. He noticed this behavior before because he was there a couple times. Back when he was a knight he would drink some beers with his pals and he would be in the same state that the princess was in now. "Hey are you good to walk Princess Luna I'm going to help you get back to the castle. Where in the park right now do you want to go back to the castle." He also knew it was always good to have a buddy when you walk back to your house or where ever you go. Make sure that your buddy is sober because he needs to get you back safely.

Luna managed to pull herself away from the Pegasus, her legs standing rigid once she got a hold of the ground again. She placed a hoof over her mouth, wobbling a bit before she cleared her throat.

"Whhooooooooâ€â€Â" she began, pointing a hoof at Knightly and nearly toppling over from the force with which she swung her leg toward him, "â€â€Âis you're name?" She placed her hoof on the ground. Her tongue clicked inside her open mouth after this, as if she were trying to taste something.

Then she gave the white Pegasus a glare. "I am a Princess! You can't tell me what to do! You don't know me! Nopony knows me! Nopony loves me! I should send you all to the moooooooonnnn." she paused, staring up at the sky for a moment. "I could do it too!" she continued, turning back to Knightly. "I am a Princess! I can do what I want!"

Knightly kinda felt bad when he heard that Luna didn't have any friends. He use to know how that was. "Hey you dont need to send anyone to the moon. You dont have to do what I say either. I'm just saying it might be a good idea for you to. You dont have to follow that suggestion. I can be your friend if you want. I use to not have friends myself I know how you feel." He smiled. He also knew Celestia when he was a knight. He knew she wasn't the nicest pony all the time.

"Iâ€â€Â" Luna hiccuped. "â€â€Âdon't need you to tell me what to do. Iâ€â€Â" she reared up on her front legs, pounding on her chest. "â€â€Âam a Princesssssssâ€â€Â" Luna had off balanced herself and felt backwards onto the grass. "Gah, I'm stuck!" she yelled, flailing her limbs in the air, even though she was completely capable of righting herself. But that didn't last long before she grew tired, panting from the effort.

"Do you knowâ€â€Â" she started, looking up at the Pegasus. "â€â€Âthat I was on the moon for a thousand years? I don't even think anypony even missed me!" she looked sour. "Celestia shouldn't have been able to do that! I am a Princess! You know what I'm gonna do when I get back to the castle? Bang, zoom, straight to the...sun! I'll do it too!" she was starting to yell. "Because I am a Princess!"

• 1 month later...

He winced as he saw her fall. "Oh are you okay." He offered a hoof to help her up but saw that she was to tired from trying to get up herself. He sat down next to her. "Hey I'm sure there where people that would have missed you. If I was there i would have missed you. Also I dont think sending her to the sun would help anything you should be the better Princess and not get angry over it but forgive her no matter how hard it could be. now i dont know how bad it is living on the moon for a thousand years but I still think you should forgive your sister and strive to be a better princess from now on."

Czar watched as the Princess stumbled out of the bar. Concerned for her safety, he followed her until she fell over in her little clearing. Watching the scene unfold before him was quite hilarious. Seeing a royal roll on the grass like that was just too much. He couldn't hold in his laughter.

With his gruff voice, he laughed his very loud laugh, which echoed for quite a distance.

Sunshine walked down the illuminated street, taking in the cool breeze that brushed her mane. It was the kind of night she couldn’t help but enjoy.

Despite her name, night time provided Sunshine a sort of sanctuary. Since most ponies slept at night, it meant less ponies would be out and about, and that led to less ponies staring at her eye condition. It was just the solitude that the mare needed to let loose and enjoy her life…or at least, whatever part of it she could.

The silence of the night was cut off abruptly with laughter. It wasn’t just any laughter, however, it was a loud booming laughter that seemed to echo off of the walls of the buildings around Canterlot. Though it was hard to pin down EXACTLY where the laughter came from, Sunshine was able to pick up that it was coming in the direction of the park.

Moving quietly as not to disturb the stallion laughing, the orange mare caught sight of the light yellow male. To her surprise, he looked much older than she had expected. She associated the gruff laugh with the image of somepony…younger.

Clearing herself of her thoughts that seemed to have trailed off, Sunshine couldn’t help but let her curiosity get the best of her. She stepped forward to him and asked bluntly: “What’s so funny?â€Â

The orange mare turned her gaze to where the older stallion had been looking and gasped as she saw Luna rolling around on the grass while another stallion talked with her.

“I-Is that Princess Luna?!†Sunshine exclaimed, jaw agape.

Luna flailed a hoof at Knightly as he spoke, trying to shut him up with a bop to the nose. But she just couldn't seem to reach him. “YOUâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬Â she started, stilling laying on her back on the ground, “â€â€a princess doesn't need advice fromâ€â€fromâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬Â she hiccuped loudly, interrupting herself mid-sentence, “â€â€A COMMONER!†She hiccuped again. “Now, help me up!†she ordered, just as the sounds of laughter reached her ears. “Who is that?!†she called out, craning her neck and attempting to spot the culprit.

Czar realized his mistake a soon as the first echos of laughter reached him. He then noticed the Pony on his right. Wiping the tears from his eyes, he addressed the Mare. "Oh, hello! If you haven't noticed..." He looked over to Luna, who seemed quite angry.

"Anyways, my name is Czar Coronet. And you would be?" He noticed the peculiar sparkle in the pony's eye, which caught the light of the streetlamp.

"Sunshine...Twinkle...." she mumbled slowly, her eyes unable to leave the royal alicorn. Sunshine couldn't believe it. The Princess! She was right there, rolling around in the grass and acting like...like a common pony? It was hard for the orange earth pony to digest. For a moment, Sunshine thought the condition she had been born with was casting some illusion over her vision.

After a few seconds, the awestruck mare shook her head slightly and returned her attention to the stallion before her. "S-sorry...um...I'm Sunshine Twinkle. It's a pleasure to meet you, Czar." Sunshine felt embarrassed about becoming so distracted, but with royalty not that far from where she was standing, it was hard not to be.

In an instant, she remembered her rule for social interactions. Sunshine blinked slowly, trying to reduce the chance of her abnormally sparkling eyes being noticed, even though at this distance it was inevitable.

Her head lowered when she heard the princess call out. The anger in the moon princess' voice made Sunshine's stomach do flips. She turned to look at the princess, then back at Czar, "I think the princess knows we're here...and she doesn't sound too happy about it."