[Peryton] Snow

Name: Snow

Sex: Female

Species: Peryton

Eye Color: Very light blue

Physique & Colors: White fur all over, with black hooves and a black nose. Pink inside her ears, and silver horn stubs. Her horns were cut to be sold, but have started to grow back. She has some pink scars marring her beautiful white coat. Missing her left eye.

Residence: Hoofington. Formerly the forest near Foggy Bottom Bog.

Motivation: To get back to Misty, her twin, and the rest of her family.

Dislikes: Griffins, airships, underground, cold

Character Summary: It was funny, Snow and Misty being born in Summer with such wintery coats. But there they were, two beautiful fawns, nearly identical. Snow was the strong one, Misty was the fast one. It was funny, too, that Snow would be the smaller.

One day, Snow and her sister Misty were out playing in the wood. Their parents didn't worry too much, as they'd have to fend for themselves sooner or later. Besides, they knew their way around the wood, where to hide and how to not get lost. And the wood wasn't that large, so running back home was always an option as well.

But when the Griffins suddenly attacked, the two were caught off guard. They had never seen one in the wood before, much less a band of them. Misty darted off for home, and Snow tried to follow€€Âbut she wasn't quick enough.

Snow was forced to work in Griffin mines from a young age. She lived a hard life of labor until she was finally able to escape. But in doing so, she had to traverse the harsh Griffin territory. She was nearly eaten several times. Being white, she didn't really blend in to the rocky and mountainous regions along Raptorclaw Canyon.

Starving and exhausted, she was picked up by a Griffin airship. There, she was forced to work again, doing more hard labor like cleaning and moving cargo. She had to work, even when she was sick. The captain often threatened to give Snow to the cook to make into stew. Being that the captain was a Griffin, this was a legitimate and serious threat. In an accident, Snow even lost her left eye.

But she didn't cry. She never cried. That wasn't her way. She took every beating, every unkind word from anyone, soaking it all in and making herself stronger. She was the stronger twin, in both mind and body. Snow was the strong and silent type, and through everything, she was resilient.

She escaped capture again once the ship finally docked. But Snow became lost, eventually finding herself in Hoofington. She is still very weak and malnourished, and to top it off, far from home and with nothing.

Snow misses her family, especially her twin sister Misty, and wishes to get back to them. She was to be the caretaker of the wood along with her sister Misty, when the time came. But with such a rough past, such a peaceful life may be out of reach for the young Peryton. The scars from her captors run further than skin deep.

But she has no wish to take revenge, for the time being. She wants to go home, but she knows that even there she is not out of harms way. Is there no place in the world where she can feel safe again? Even with Misty again by her side, the perfect world she once knew has been shattered.

Is this a WIP or a full application? It's not bad, but it just feels like something is... missing. From her character summary. To me it feels like her 'story' isn't filled out enough, I can't get a feel for her personality. I think she needs a bit more history behind her - like more about what she did as a fawn, and what happened to her while she was a slave. Also what her personality is like NOW after all of this bad stuff has happened to her.

Hope I'm not too vague ^^;

Is this a WIP or a full application? It's not bad, but it just feels like something is... missing. From her character summary. To me it feels like her 'story' isn't filled out enough, I can't get a feel for her personality. I think she needs a bit more history behind her - like more about what she did as a fawn, and what happened to her while she was a slave. Also what her personality is like NOW after all of this bad stuff has happened to her.

Hope I'm not too vague ^^;

Now that you mention it I can agree with that. Maybe a little bit more information on her would be great.

She likes falling snow but she dislikes the cold? Is that supposed to be an ironic trait of hers?

It's like someone who likes to sit inside wrapped in blankets with hot chocolate and watch the snow fall. She likes to watch it fall, but she doesn't like the cold that comes with it.

My sister does that she hates being outside but loves a nice day.