Jebediah Crockett [FINAL]

JCtheBrony

Name: Jebediah Crockett. Frequently referred to as Jeb.

Sex: Male.

Species: Earth Pony.

Pelt Color: A darkish lime green.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black mane and tail, with some very dark red streaks. Tail's a bit bushy but the mane is cut shorter. Most of Jeb's mane is under his hat, a pinstriped fedora.

Eye Color: Grey-blue.

Cutie Mark: A fruitcake. Acquired for baking the best fruitcakes in Equestria.

Physique: Slightly taller than average and more slender than most males. Some muscular tone, but not enough to be especially noticable.

Origin: Jebediah was born into the fairly small farming town of Haymaker, far away from the big cities of Canterlot and Manehattan. Most of the ponies there were farmers and his family was no exception, selling their produce every week at the town square. It was in Haymaker that Jebediah discovered he could bake halfway decently and found he was best at baking fruitcakes, thus earning him his cutie mark. And not the plastic brick-like fruitcakes you buy in stores, real honest-to-goodness fruitcakes. Real fruit pieces and cake-y goodness in every bite.

Roleplay Type: Mane RP.

Occupation: Traveling salesman. Though he bakes his own goods, so I suppose he's a traveling baker as well.

Motivation: Jebediah wishes to sell his fruitcakes to everypony and teach them that fruitcakes really can be a delectable treat. He hopes to someday find the perfect town to set up a permanent bakery in where he can sell his goods and become world famous. A small part of him also wants to play the hero in a grand adventure, though he has no actual skills that would enable him to do so.

Likes: Baking of course. Also enjoys telling bad jokes. Just like everypony, he likes spending time with others who are nice and friendly. Loves traveling all over Equestria and seeing the many wondrous sights and interesting ponies. Likes it when people appreciate his fruitcakes. Likes the young mares as well, so he hasn't exactly found any that like him back.

Dislikes: Creatures. Seriously, he's terrified of dragons, griffins, diamond dogs, chimeras... anything of the sort. He's even nervous around baby dragons, but they won't send him running in fear. Doesn't like people hating fruitcake, especially if they haven't tried it. Doesn't like mean or unfriendly ponies. Doesn't like being stuck in one place for too long.

Character Summary: Jebediah's a fairly outspoken pony who's not afraid to go the extra mile to help others. Somewhat naive, he can be coerced into doing things he wouldn't normally do if he thinks it will make others happy. Always cheerful, he rarely gets upset at others unless he's pushed around hard enough. He's almost always in a good mood, even when his life is at it's worst. He isn't scared of much and will happily (or perhaps stupidly) leap into danger; unless said danger involves any sort of creature. Jebediah quickly turns into a whimpering coward hiding under the nearest object at the mention of creatures. He'd much rather spend time selling his fruitcakes to everypony or hang out with friends. Fruitcake is his life's passion and he can spend day after day happily selling them to others.

It's already been stated that he was born and raised in Haymaker. He was born there to an Earth Pony mother and, a rare occurrence in the town, a Unicorn father. Jebediah was one of three siblings in the family. He had an older sister, Quillheart the unicorn who had received her cutie mark awhile back for her ability to write wondrous poetry. Jeb also had a younger brother, Nails. He was still a baby and hadn't received a cutie mark yet. Jebediah hadn't received his either at the time, and spent most of his days exploring the farm and helping out with a smattering of chores. Unlike his brother and sister, who had rather normal names, Jebediah Crockett had been named for the founder of Haymaker whose reason for having such a strange name was lost to legend.

One day though, the entire town was raided by a pack of diamond dogs and their pet dragon. Entire farms were destroyed and stores were ransacked as the diamond dogs looked for loot and their dragon, not quite fully grown, burnt everything gleefully. The ponies fought back valiantly and in the end drove the group away. Sometime in the process, the Crockett family lost their mother. It was never discovered if it was the work of the Raiders or not, but from that day Jebediah nurtured a fear of any type of creature. Times were tough for Haymaker after the raid and all the ponies in the family had to pitch in to help with the farm. Unfortunately Jebediah was pitiful at farm work and ended up working in the house. It was here that he discovered that he could bake and not long afterward his father was selling his goods at town for a few extra bits. Jebediah was happy to help in any way he could and often got ideas from Haymaker's bakery. There he discovered an unusual food; a fruitcake. After nearly vomiting upon trying it, he took the rest home to try to create a better one. A little while later he gave his sister one he had made, who tentatively tried it. After she scarfed the whole thing down and asked for more, a cutie mark appeared on Jeb's flank signifying his newly found talent.

A few years later the town had built itself back up fairly well. Jeb's fruitcakes were quite popular in the small town and his family now had plenty of bits. Quillheart had moved on to Fillydelphia where she became a somewhat successful writer. Jebediah wished to go out in the world and make a name for himself as well, though his father warned that not everypony would appreciate his fruitcakes like Haymaker did. Jeb was determined however, and set about making his dream come true. He decided to stay a few more seasons and watched as his little brother saved the farm from drought by building an incredible irrigation system, earning him a cutie mark of his namesake. Realizing his father was in good hooves, he bade the town farewell and set out into the big world.

He soon discovered the truth to his father's words as he was usually laughed out of every town he ever visited. Pushing a little cart around, he tried in vain to sell his creations to ponies. Few would buy his fruitcakes, most just ignored him. Thankfully he never worried about what he would eat as he could easily get by on fruitcakes. Finding a place to sleep every night proved to be some trouble, but most times he made just enough bits to get by. Still, he was undeterred as he continued from town to town, following his dream. Jeb's been at it for a year or so now, and he's sure fame and fortune await him around the next corner. Until then he's happy to sell his fruitcakes to anypony who wants them.

dd1cb7a150a9030d953fc774d95ddfa2-d485a70.jpg

~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I know I goofed on the guy's back leg there. Try not to stare at it too much. @_@

Okay, my OC pony's app. Still a work in progress, but any comments, thoughts, ideas or critiques are welcome! If you got something to say, feel free to say it!

Okie dokie! Updated the character summary with a bit more fleshed-out personality. I don't really want to add too much more to the character because I want to give him a chance to grow in RPs. So for the most part this is probably a finished app unless I think of something he absolutely needs to have.

The only thing that would have tripped me up is the inclusion of a not yet approved area (Farming community of Haymaker), HOWEVER I think this little community, like many others that have been suggested, still fits in with the idea of Equestria and it's a big world!

Ah, well if it helps I have no plans at all to set any RPs in Haymaker. I more just wanted the character to come from a small town that no one had ever heard of that would be namedropped at most. Apologies if I stepped across any rules. :halo: