[Hippogriff]Tinker [Finished]

halofan303

gallery_883_35_43044.png

Name: Tinker

Sex: Female

Species: Hippogriff

Pelt Color: Brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: white mane, cotton candy colored hair and eye markings(#FFBCD9 – main Rp color)

Eye Color: Eton blue (#96c8a2 -secondary Rp color)(incase somepony is already using a pink in the rp.)

Cutie Mark: two gears, two clock arms and steam enveloping the gearwork

Physique: slightly above average

Origin: born and raised in Talonpolis

Roleplay Type: “Mane” rp

Occupation: Clock-worker and steam powered engineer, that lives a few kicks from Talonpolis.

Motivation: To make amazing, staggering, breathtaking clockworks, and to be known across equestrian for so.

Likes: Clockwork, most of the things she makes she likes, fruit-mainly apples-, One-wing(as a friend, for now :lol:)

Dislikes: the touching of her personal work without care, "meanies", rust,

Character Summary: A tomboy hippogriff that doesn’t have much of a species preference, meaning she doesn’t dislike ponies or much other creatures. This is mostly due to the fact that their all potential customers, but also because it seems pointless to bother with such a thing as racism. She is very skilled with clockworks and steam-punk styled machines, owns her own -rather large- workshop too.

History-its rather long-:

When Tinker was young she didn't go to school, her family was in a rather deep dept, because her mother was a Pegasus they had to pay a large amount of living expenses. because of this her parents were always busy with their work. Instead of going to school, she would watch her father work, and from watching she learned how to do the professions so herself. when she did not watch her father work. she would go around the city, unwatched, unnoticed by most griffins, and collect scraps of metal and small bits of clockwork parts that had been tossed to the side and forgotten. she knew most bits had a purpose or use, because her father was a clockwork and a metalworker, working in several techniques and methods of artisan.

she would use the scrap she collected for building clockworks and small steam powered toys, using her father’s work shop(with his supervision of course, she was still very young,) and would turn them into trinkets or parts for her fathers work. Her room was full of trinkets, each and every one of them had a purpose and ability. for some-pony so young, she had become very talented.

One day, after having saved some of their money, her parents had enrolled her to a artisans boarding school(she was around 10 or 11 at the time). She was happy to go, to be able to get better at that which she was already good at, but it came at a cost. she could not bring all of her clockworks and figures. she was heartbroken, devastated, but not at an all loss as her father had made her a clockwork pocket watch with parts from various trinkets, she could easily tell what parts came from which trinket so she was rather pleased.

In her school she got bullied for being a hippogriff and having short head feathers at the time, but this didn’t bother her. She could easily beat those who bothered her, and was smart enough to know that only bad would come from so. being one of the best clockworks and engineers at her school, there was a point she began excelling the teachers in most of the practical departments. making them rather embarrassed, but impressed at the same time.

She completed the schooling and left to go journeying, she was tired of being in that blasted city all the time. So she traveled across equestrian. From canterlot to apploosa, from manehatten to ponyville. however one day as she flew over roughrider ridge she was attacked by a band of thugs, she ran through the Everfree, hoping to escape the band. An aged Pegasus was in her path, and she crashed into him. She was about to continue before he asked if she needed a place to hide.

This Pegasus could see the panic in her eyes and took her within his keep. It was a rather large domain, with living space, several bedrooms and bathrooms a kitchen or two as well. However, the most interesting factor of this place was it had a laboratory and a library. And the Pegasus which had took her into shelter pronounced himself as “one-wing”

This Pegasus had only a single wing, but in turn seemed rather intelligent. He helped her back to her feet from the incident, and asked of nothing of return. Tinker, slightly shocked at a pony(and a Pegasus at that) showing such kindness towards a foreign species. She chose made him a gift, a clock work pocket watch, similar to her own, but much different in its own way. giving it to the pegasus, she asked if he would visit her one day within razor claw canyon.

After that she was off, she spent some months more exploring before returning to the griffon kingdom. She had made some money in her travels off selling clockworks as well as helping out, and decided to open up her own clockwork shop within the mountains of the razor claw canyon. She made custom parts with her rather detailed arts, getting rather well paying contractors within Talonpolis. She also spent her time creating new forms and techniques for the art of clockwork and steam-punk, and often got contracted to run over schematics for improvement. She was running quite a well-paying business.

On a rainy night, she was woken from her sleep by a clash of lightning, and decided to take a look at the storm. When below on a poorly shielded ledge, she saw a pony, resting. Knowing how harsh the storm could get around these parts, she went down to offer the pony a place to stay for the night. As she approached, she recognized the pony as the Pegasus, one-wing. The one that had helped her in a time of need.

Inside her cave home, they reminiscence upon their many adventures they had in the months that went by since they last had met. They talked as if they were naturally friends. Sharing a common interest in gaining knowledge and creating, in their respective areas of course. They became rather good friends from that point on, visiting each other often. For a young adult as herself, things are going good for her.

she still traveled Equestria every now and then, and from time to time she visits Talonpolis, to meet with some of her old friends and family.

Tinker welding:

http://www.canterlot...tinker-welding/

Tinker's color ref:

http://www.canterlot...er-the-griffin/

Tinker's cutie mark:

http://www.canterlot...ers-cutie-mark/

Why don't you make her a Hippogriff? gets you past that beak part! But that's just me thinking. But ah don't think griffin can work so good with no beak... it's like losing your lips and teeth!

yea...

and i wont have to change the images really ....

but then i got the problem of fitting how she was living in talonpolis, cause im pretty sure thats mostly only for griffins isen't it?

and how that with her parents worked out considering both were artisans of sorts...though it would explain the debt aspect...hmm...

well i suppose i could sleep on it eh'? :???:

thanks for showing me what a hippogriff was btw! :D

Both griffons and hippogryphs usually have beaks. They don't look all that different. The difference is that a a griffon is part lion/part bird of prey while a hippogryph is part lion/part bird of prey/part horse.

Interestingly, if you were a hippogryph, your mother would most likely be a pony, at least following classic mythology.

Either way, good luck with your application. :)

Both griffons and hippogryphs usually have beaks. They don't look all that different. The difference is that a a griffon is part lion/part bird of prey while a hippogryph is part lion/part bird of prey/part horse.

Interestingly, if you were a hippogryph, your mother would most likely be a pony, at least following classic mythology.

hippogryphs don't have them all the time. some have more horse like heads. Or so ah know. ah may be like WAY off on that. Not a fan of griffons what ever they be so ah don't read a tone in to them. :blah:

hippogryphs don't have them all the time. some have more horse like heads. Or so ah know. ah may be like WAY off on that. Not a fan of griffons what ever they be so ah don't read a tone in to them. :blah:

WELL

either way i suppose she'd be better off as a hippogriff then a griffon in terms of atonomy...

so i think ill work on it tomarrow...yea......

and thanks davroth, like wise if you got any apps runnin at the moment... :U

also i haven't read too much on em' either,

but that aint mean i aint interested in em either,

K, so I did some research, and appearently there are hippogryphs with horse heads, but they look a lot more like pegasi, rather then griffons.

And just as some food for thought, griffons and hippogryphs come as a combination of lots of different birds of prey, not just eagles, and though the beaks don't change much in form, they do vary in size. Maybe that's something you can work with.

So lemme get this straight.

This is an actual beakless griffon OR it's a regular griffon but in your ref you were just to lazy(?) to draw the actual beak.

If it's just that you didn't want to draw a beak but she's a regular griffon than that's okay but if it's a actual beakless griffon I'm not to sure about this being allowed in the Mane RP

K, so I did some research, and appearently there are hippogryphs with horse heads, but they look a lot more like pegasi, rather then griffons.

And just as some food for thought, griffons and hippogryphs come as a combination of lots of different birds of prey, not just eagles, and though the beaks don't change much in form, they do vary in size. Maybe that's something you can work with.

hmmmm....

well it sounds like a good idea to just make her a hippogriff then,

alright ill start reworking first thing in the mornin

So lemme get this straight.

This is an actual beakless griffon OR it's a regular griffon but in your ref you were just to lazy(?) to draw the actual beak.

If it's just that you didn't want to draw a beak but she's a regular griffon than that's okay but if it's a actual beakless griffon I'm not to sure about this being allowed in the Mane RP

yea i was pretty much assuming something along those lines

but thanks to the awesome feedback here i came to another solution that allowes her to be beakless while still being somewhat ok...

as i've stated a few times.

ill work on it in the morning

as now im tired

and i got school tomarrow...

so imma gonna sleep on it.

changes/updates:

edited the physique, occupation, likes and character summary

edited the history

-the above is mostly edits regarding adding steampunk engineer instead of plain engineer-

edited her mane/tail/markings color & style. aswell as her eye color

added details of her cutie mark

added another image

AND

I changed her to finished.

im pretty sure im done, now to wait for feedback.

twilight-like-a-boss.jpg