[Ponyville] Inn for the Night (open)

Boss_Hoss1

The orange pegasus with a bush hat on her coppery streaked mane set down in Ponyville, in the area where the Inns are set up.

Candy Catch-em trotted up to the Prancing Pony Inn and looked back to watch Professor Clyde Krashkop land.

She knelt to open a paper bag and shook a spider out into the decorative bushes "There! Now you cant find any Poison Joke here."

Candy stood back up and looked to the Professor. "I cant wait to try some of that casserole of yours with those mushrooms in it. Oh I hope they dont mind me working on this injured squirrel in the commmon room. it' much cosier in there..."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As you vish, fraulein Catchem. I tink no vone vill mind dat," Professor Krashkop said as he began to flap his wings to fly upward. After waiting for Candy to get the squirrel ready for transport, the elderly Pegasus flew side by side with her all the way back to Ponyville.

"Vee are almost back to dee inn! I can't vait to prepare mein casserole for all dee ponies dere! It vill be so wonderba!"

Turning his head to look back at Candy, the gray maned Pegasus flew straight into the tall pony statue in the middle of the town square.

WHAM!!!!

The green Pegasus landed hard on the statue before gently sliding down to the ground.

"Vnat a veird place to put a statue!" he neighed, shaking his head side to side to regain his bearings. "Now, on to dee Inn!"

The dazed Pegasus staggered down the street towards the Prancing Pony Inn.

Candy had the squirrel tucked safely into her saddlebag, where it was still too stunned to move about.

She flew happily alongside the Professor, satisfied the hunt had gone so well and chatting with him along the way to Ponyville.

Sudenly he turned to look at her as they were coming into the middle of town, butr ahead of him...

"PROFESSOR! LOOK..."

WHAM!!!!

"...out.. Oh ponyfeathers..."

Candy looped around and landed next to him at the base of the statue, helping him up. "They realy should put lights around or on this thing..."

She put a wing on him to steady him as they walked into the Inn. "Are you feeling better, Professor? I have pain killers in my first aid kit."

"Danka, but I vill be fine, fraulein," the Professor said as he staggered forward before looking back at Candy.

"Oh, wonderba! Your twin sisters are here too I see!" the elderly green Pegasus said as the blow to the head caused him to see 'three' of Candy at the moment. "Day are all velcome to join us!"

Seconds later, after his ears stopped ringing and his vision recovered, the gray maned pony had a look of surprise on his face.

"Hay! Vhere did your sisters go? I vas looking forward to meeting dem und sharing mein casserole vith dem too!"

The confused stallion continued walking towards the inn.

Candy Catch-em giggles "Three of me? you must have really rung your bells profesor. Equestria probably thinks one of me is quite enough."

She keeps a steady wing on his back, guiding him through the door. "Let me get you something to drink, Professor."

With that, Candy trots off and comes back with a glass of water on a tray balanced on her wings and sets it on the table near him.

Satisfied of his comfort for the moment, Candy sits down nearby and pulls out her first aid kit and the squirrel, setting it on her bedroll.

She genty gave the weakened squirrel an exam, finding a swollen bite on one thigh. "Oh my, fortunately it's mostly a paralytic." She mixes a little antihistamine and powdered antidote into a bit of nut butter and helps the squirrel eat...

"Dat vould be wonderba, danka fraulein," the dazed Professor said as he took a seat. After Candy fetched him a glass of water, the gray maned Pegasus took a sip, By now, he was back to normal (well, 'normal' for him). He watched with great interest the determination of Candy to help the bitten squirrel in her care.

"Fraulein Catchem, you are extraordinary vith your repour vith small creatures. Have you considered attending Canterlot University to earn a degree in Animal Science? You seem like such a natural at dis!"

Candy Catch-em used her wing to tip her hat back in surprise at the Professor's words.

After making sure the squirrel swallowed the dose, she turned to Professor Krashkop with wide eyes. "Really? They have such a class?!"

Candy sat down facing him with an elegant swirl of her tail, letting her accent slip back to her usual habit as she spoke earnestly. "All I know of my life's work, Ah learned from my parents. Admittedly some of mah clients and those few who turned mah services down looked down on me 'cause ah dont have a degree."

She smiled ruefully "As it is, Ah can probably get a degree in veterinary pharmacology just on what Ah had ta demonstrate t'get my licence for the storin' an' use of such."

Candy smiled dreamily "Oh wont those snooties have ta' eat their words when ah wave a diploma in their face...."

"Dat's dee spirit, Candy!" Professor Krashkop cheered. "I still have many friends back at dee university. I could recommend you for a scholarship program!"

The gray maned stallion took another sip of water as he stood to his feet.

"Tink about it, it's up to you, fraulein. As for now, I must begin preparing mein sauerkraut casserole. I have all dee ingredients vaiting for me in dee kitchen, except for dose mushrooms you helped me get from dee voods. I better get cookin', dere vill be a lot of hungry ponies here soon. If you are not busy vith dat squirrel, vould you like to assist me vith dee meal preparation?"

Candy Catch-em stood with her eyes wide and shining. "Oh ah will think about it Professor. Ah will..."

She ahemed and shook her mane as she roped in her accent a bit when the professor asked her if she wanted to help.

"Oh yeah, I would love to help you cook. I have never had saurkraut casserole before. I just need a moment to do something first..."

She took a moment to tuck the squirrel into a pallet made of a towel from her saddlebag, then write a note to prop up next to it. She then set her saddlebags protectively around the squirrel.

as she left the room with the Professor, the note rested beside the sleeping squirrel, reading "Do not disturb, In case of emerency, contact Candy Catch-em"

As Candy tended to the squirrel, Professor Krashkop started getting ready in the kitchen. The gray maned Pegasus brought out the saurkraut and when he opened the jars, the pungent smell of the vegetable filled the entire room.

"Ah! Dat is dee sign of good, fresh saurkraut! Vhen it has a strong, robust smell!"

The green stallion pulled out a large casserole dish and began gently placing the saurkraut in the bottom of the dish.

"Vee start vith a bed of kraut, und den vee add dee other ingredients, den place more kraut on dee top!"

Just as he finished with the 'bed', Candy came into the kitchen.

"Wonderba, fraulien! You are just in time! Do you vant to help prepare dee casserole, or vould you like to mix dee salad vee are serving it vith?"

Candy's nostrils went wide open at the strong smell of vinigar and cabbage. "Oh wow, that is strong, and yummy too. I'll mix the salad and watch how you make this. I dont want the smell on my hooves to upset the squirrel, after all."

She moved to the salad bowl and started cutting up the vegetables. "Does that casserole need to bake?"

Meanwhile, the squirrel slept soundly in it's temporary nest among Candy's saddlebags, sure to be disoriented and scared if awoken by surprise...

"Wonderba, fraulein!" the Professor neighed as he pointed to the vegetables on the kitchen counter. "Dere is all dee lettuce, carrots und radishes for dee salad. Big mixing bowl is on dee top shelf, smaller serving bowls on dee bottom.

"Javol! Dee casserole must bake, but it is a fast bake, so I vill perpare it. Vonce you lay down dee bed of saurkraut in dee bottom of the casserole dish, den you put dee other ingredients in next, like so."

The gray maned stallion began chopping up fresh spices to add to the mushrooms, cheese and waterchestnuts. He then scattered shredded hay and oats on top.

"Dis is dee secret of a fine casserole, just dee right amount of hay und oats to blend in vith dee other ingredients. Den you finish vith more saurfraut on top!"

The Professor finished putting the remaining kraut in the dish before placing it in the oven to bake.

"Candy, how is dee salad coming? Vant me to lend a hoof?"

Candy nickered happily as she got out the indicated bowls and vegetables and was busy chopping up the food.

She cut the carrots lengthwise into sticks for the salad, and snipped off the tops for a tasty garnish while she kept looking to watch how to make the casserole.

Finally, the Professor put the dish in the oven and asked if she needed a hoof.

Candy nodded "Sure thing Professor! This is going to be a great salad."

She stuck her hoof to the handle of a spare knife and slid it over to him.

"You are such a nice young mare," the Professor said as he accepted the knife and began to help chop radishes.

"You really know vhat you are doing, fraulein. Vee make quite a wonderba cooking team, Ja?"

Soon, the casserole was done. Using pot handling mits, the gray maned Pegasus got the hot casserole out of the oven and brought it out to the main dining room table.

"Here is dee main dish for the meal, mein patient friends!" Professor Krashkop announced. "Candy Catchem und I vill bring out dee salads, den vee vill eat!"

The green stallion returned to the kitchen to assist Candy.

(ooc; was waiting for more ponies to drop in, but will go ahead and post. Check out Candy in the Gallery :D )

Candy Catch-em shook her coppery mane in delight at the praise "Thank you Professor. I get a lot of practice feeding the critters I catch or rescue."

She nickered happily as she got a whiff of the casserole "Oh wow! that does smell amazing!" as she followed him out with a stack of plates and salad forks on a tray on her back, then set them on the table.

The mare returned to the kitchen getting the salad and smaller bowls onto several trays so she and the professor could move them in one go.

Meanwhile, as she entered the kitchen, the squirrel twitched, whiskers quivering...

"Wonderba!" Professor Krashkop, "vee are ready to serve!"

The green Pegasus stallion brought out his casserole to a large set dinner table where eight ponies were already seated and two more were scrabbling to get seated. There were two empty chairs left at the table, for himself and Candy, beside each other. After setting the hot casserole dish in the middle of the table, he then rushed back to assist Candy with all the salads. Lucky for them, they had prepared a dozen small salads, just enough for every pony to have their own.

"Fraulein Catchem vas a big help to me, vee prepared dis meal together. Please help yourself to dee casserole! Plenty of saurkraut in it, as promised!"

• 2 weeks later...

Candy neighed happily as she helped bring out the food.

She smiled as she and he professor set out the salads, then helped spoon out casserole for everypony.

"Ohhh this smells soooo good."

As she sat down, she did not notice the squirrel sit up and look around in panic over at her saddlebags.

"CHIRRRK-Ik-ik!!!"

Candy suddenly looked up "Oh no! The squirrel may be dazed and confused from the venom!"

"ACK UN NEEMAL!" Professor Krashkop neighed as he saw the squirrel moving. "Vee have to do someting before dat creature runs around loose in dee hotel!"

Now the other guests at the table saw the moving squirrel and began to panic too. Some of them moved under the table while others bolted for the exit doors.

"Fraulein Catchem! Can you capture dat animal quickly? Dee owners of dis hotel may be quite angry vith us if vee cause so much commotion here, ja?"

Candy Catch-em eeps and sets the salad bowl down. "Oh dear! Easy squirrel, easy there."

She clops over slowly toward the squirrel as it gets up in a daze, but obviously becoming nervous from the scard ponies "Easy there, ponies! you are scaring him."

Suddenly, the squirrel jumps up and climbs up the nearest wooden beam and onto a rafter "Oh No! Too late! Come here squirrel! Come here!"

She jump into the air and flies after the squirrel, taking off her hat to catch him with...

"Dis is not good, fraulien," Professor Krashkop said as he jumped to get out of the way of the pursuing Pegasus mare. The squirrel seemed terrified being in strange surroundings and with so many ponies all around. Thinking quickly, the older green Pegasus got a bowl, cracked a few walnuts, put them in the bowl and sat the bowl down on the floor and moved away from it.

"Maybe vee can better catch dis animal if vee bait it," he whispered to the others. "Dee rest of you keep still."

• 2 weeks later...

Candy Catch-em stopped still after seeing what the Professor had done.

"Good job, sir! Dont! Anypony! Move!"

The orange pegasus watched intently as the disoriented squirel quivered as it hung on a wooden rafter, then suddenly sniffed the air. Candy whispered to it "Come on, you can do it... Come and eat the nuts, little squirrel..."

The squirrel skidded down the nearest wall post to the floor and wobbled it's way toard the nuts, favoring it's bitten leg.

It chirrrked and climbed into the bowl after the nuts and sat there panting.

"Wonderba, mein friend," Professor Krashkop whispered. "Now you can capture it. All of us must remain perfectly still."

All of the ponies in the room 'froze' in position, waiting for Candy to rid them of this bothersome pest. All eyes were now on the Pegasus mare, watching and waiting to see what would happen next. The smell of the casserole filled the room as all of the gathered ponies were nervously locked 'in position.'

"It is up to you now, fraulien,"

Candy Catch-em dropped her orange body to the ground very slowly and crawled closer, making soothing noises.

"Shhhh...It's okay, little one. Just relax and trust me. You've been bitten by a spider. It's not here anymore. Nopony is going to hurt you okay?"

The squirrel looked at her with "Derp"ed eyes and backed away, still confused.

The ponies behind her suddeny seemed to see things get a bit brighter right in front of her, like sunshine breaking through a cloud and the squirrel meekly stepped closer. (the STARE)

Candy picked the squirrel up and put him back in her hat, and dumped the walnuts in with the squirrel. She then trotted up to her room gently carrying her hat.

Soon she came back down without her hat. "He will be just fine. I explained he will go home when he's better and to just rest and eat."

"Wonderba fraulien!" Professor Krashkop shouted. "Und now vee can resume normal actiivity!"

Hearing the 'all clear,' the other ponies in the inn returned to the dining room where the elderly green Pegasus started serving his casserole again. Every pony was now in a happier mood, talking together as they ate.

Professor Krashkop held a seat for Candy.

"Please fraulien Catchem, have a seat und enjoy dis vonderful feast!"

A white earth pony with a blond mane approached the door to the inn. She was tired from traveling, and assumed this would be just as good a place as any to rest. That, and she was really curious about the commotion she heard just a minute or two ago.

Rappatat opened the door and peeked in cautiously, her big blue eyes scanning the room. She rapidly tapped and scraped her hoof on the floor, creating a message in horse code [.... . .-.. .-.. --- ..--.. (hello?)]. She didn't quite expect anypony to understand her greeting, but it was just about all the noise she was capable of making.