[Zebra] Monty

Pony_Sage

[Zebra]

Name: Monty

Sex: Male

Species: Zebra

Pelt Color: Creme base coat with brown stripes.

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Continuing creme and brown stripes. Classic zebra Mohawk style, but very well kept and neat. Same with the tail.

Eye Color: Amber

Tribal Marking: Family Crest

Physique: Slight and not particularly muscular. He is the normal height and weight for a stallion of his age but it shows that he has never had a day of hard labor in his life.

Residence: He lives above his shop in Hoofington, "Monty's Surplus"

Occupation: Shop owner, he can get you anything that you need, for a price of course!

Motivation: He enjoys making a sale, and everything that goes into it. He wants to have a successful business and he is well on his way there.

Likes: Having fun! He likes going to the clubs and dancing like a foal. Anything that can turn into a fun situation. His business side loves money just as much.

Dislikes: Being bored, dull individuals, not having fun, not making a sale, not making money

Character Summary:

Monty is a VERY outgoing zebra, he is ALWAYS happy and that happiness is very infectious. Growing up he was always the 'popular' zebra. He never took advantage of this though. Monty had many friends in the zebra homelands and he still tries to keep in contact with them. His father the tribe's cook, Monty would always spend his free time (when he was not playing with his friends) around his dad's kitchen. He would watch and learn how to prepare the Zebra's cultural dishes, although he was never /amazing/ at it he did become proficient at the art of cooking.

After becoming an 'adult' [about 13 years old] and receiving his family crest he decided to go see the world. His family supported him in his decision, after all he was a full fledged zebra now. After a few months of going from place to place, always making friends, he came upon the city of Trottingham. Not having a single bit to his name he thought it high time he got a regular job.

He was in luck! An airship was moored at the city and they were looking for a cook. After making fast friends with the captain he managed to talk his way into the job. He was not the best cook out there, but he could make adequate food, and the crew loved him. He served for about five years on the ship as their cook. Every time they would dock at a city Monty would take the chance to go into town and pick up supplies. The real reason he was there was to make friends.

After his five years he decided to 'retire' from the ship and make a little supply shop in Hoofington. Those five years afforded him many, many, 'Contacts' through out all of Equestria. He takes full advantage of this when ordering supplies. His supply shop has been open for about two years now and is doing rather well. Although he finds Hoofington rather drab and boring, it is a wonderful place for a surplus store.

Monty's Surplus is a medium sized store. It is a two story building with a basement that stands alone just outside the town center. Monty lives on the second floor above his shop. A large wooden sign hands on the front of the building that says 'Monty's Surplus' and out front there is a propeller from an airship wedged into the ground. The inside of the store is sectioned off into isles, the isles towards the front of the store hold smaller items and more house hold wares. Where as the isles towards the back of the store hold more specific and larger wares aimed for he Airship Crews. He has a small back room where he keeps some overflow stock, but his basement is the main warehousing for all his stock.His back yard is surrounded by a stout wooden fence with a very wide gate inside which there are two covered but open air pagodas, underneath which he stores the very large wares that he can not fit inside his shop. There are two loading bays in the back, one is a pair of double doors that open up to the showroom, and the second is a gentle slope that leads down to a pair of double doors that open up to the basement. This affords for easy haul-away for his customers when they bring their carts and plan to order quite a bit of goods. As previously stated he can get anything you need, it may take a little time and the price may be a tad steep but he can get it for you.

Seeing as Monty lives alone he does find the odd occasion to cook for some friends that come over to visit. He enjoys it because it brings back memories of the comradery he felt aboard the air ship he served on. He and his guests always have a wonderful time telling stories and recounting tall tales. He does cook for himself but it is just not the same. Living in Hoofington is rather boring for Monty, so he tries to spice things up a bit, always making conversation with the customers of his shop, and having fun. He may come off at times as a tad bit 'Delightfully Insane' but he is just trying to have fun and liven things up.

- - -

Note: When he smiles widely his right ear flops down and goes limp. Cute Quirk.

Sorry for the confusion -- A Pagoda is an open air structure that has a roof but no sides, usually only held up by the four corner beams. It affords for ease of access to a relatively sheltered area where larger items can be easily stored.

Edited to include his living arrangements. To be honest when I first read the question of how he learned to cook I went , "Huh?! Doesn't everypony know how to cook?" Then it dawned on me that not everypony grows up in a home where their parents cook! That was a very good point to make Tales and I thank you immensely for bringing it up!

Growing up in a German/Italian family has afforded me the skill of cooking and I do overlook the simple fact that some people can't. Haha, thanks again Tales!

~Sage AkA Freddie Freewings

While not all families cook, even those that do don't always teach their children how to do so. Generally, though, it's because the kid doesn't want to learn. But, there are some families who live purely on microwavable food. Eh, to each their own.

Also, instead of using two forward slash lines, /, there is an italicize option if you go to edit the post.

One last thing is, I'm not sure what a pagoda is. I tried Googling it, but I'm still not quite sure. Maybe if you linked to a picture of what you mean by that?