Mad-River Fleabane

Pony_Sage

[ Pony Related Character ]

[[ For the reader: Orange is River and black is me (the narrator). ]]

18etc7.png

[[ A HUGE thanks to Buxy for the art.]]

Name:

"Names? No no names have power THEY can use names to change things."

*sighs* Do you see what I have to put up with? His name is Erigeron maniopotamicus

Now I know what you're thinking his parents must have really disliked him. Rather the opposite They were just very involved in nature, and named him after a very rare plant. Mad River Fleabane is his colloquial name although he would never tell anypony that. The ones that do actually know his name call him River because if they say his full name he tends to get a little, lets just call it twitchy.

Sex:

*Turns his head to the side*

He is a male.

"Things that can not be defined, THEY have no concept of time, Time is subjective, THEIR time is not OUR time!"ÂÂ

You are a Stallion in your mid twenties.

Species:

"The ones with horns , the ones with wings. I am not one of those things."

That . . . that actually made sense. He is an earth pony.

Pelt Color:

"WHY, have I changed again? THEY can change things, in the darkness while you sleep whilst the crickets go cheep cheep cheep. What colour am I?"ÂÂ

Yea some times I don't even know what he is talking about. He is a dark brown colour similar to dirt.

Mane/Tail Color & Style:

*Chews on his front hoof*

Stop that, it's not healthy. His mane and tail are a black. They are wild and tangled, hanging shaggily all over.

Eye Color:

*Crosses his eyes and blows raspberries*

You know there is something wrong with you right? They want to know what colour your eyes are. They are purple. Not raspberry, Purple.

Cutie Mark:

*Starts to chase tail around in a circle*

Yes that is where your cutie-mark is. It looks like this.

Physique:

*Rolls around in a puddle*

Yeaaaaaa. I don't think he understands that one. He is rather skinny and lanky. He is on the tall side. And always has circles and bags under his eyes. He has unshorn fetlocks.

"The DARKNESS needs to be watched, THEY live in the DARKNESS. THEY can change things in the DARKNESS. THEY can not be seen, if THEY are watched, then THEY do not esist."

If you say so. He currently does not have a job. He lives off the land.

Residence:

*gallops backwards back to his house*

Look you've scared him now. His house is a long abandoned lodge out in the depths of Soggalong Swamp The basement of which is a cavern. His home is in a constant state of disarray. He has grass growing on the ceiling (I'm not sure how he pulled that off either) There are no lights in his house, he has a few lanterns with candles, these are filtered to show red light. There are pictures and sketches of everything all over the walls. Most of these are connected by string, some however are connected by paperclips. His 'basement' is very well light with red light and houses a jungle of exotic and one of a kind plants. Some of which he created. There is more but that is for later.

Motivation:

It used to be botany. Well it still is, but now he watches the DARKNESS more and more. He still keeps up his botany though.

Character Summary:

He wasn't always . . . unique. He was an ordinary foal. His parents were, what you would call pony naturalists. They lived in the woods and communed with nature. He was brought up knowing everything that plants could do. It only follows that he would Have a cutie-mark that corresponds to that. He reared one of his name sakes from a seed, a very hard thing to do. After accomplishing this his cutie-mark appeared. He had a decent colthood and studied volumes of botany texts. He created many cross-breeds of plants, and reared many other rare species. He was happy.

However poor River seems to have had a pre-disposition for some form of psychosis, or it may have been some unknown toxin that one of his plants let off. He slowly slipped from the world of Equestria into his own delusional version of the world around him. He withdrew from his family, dissipated is more like it. He found the abandoned lodge and made it his home. He locked himself inside and proceeded to let his delusion run rampant. He modified many parts oh his home in response to his delusions.

As it stands he still goes outside, but only during the light hours. On very rare occasions does he venture out after dark and those are only during certain periods when very specific plants are in bloom. He loves to sketch and 'capture' new plants. He brings them home to his personal jungle in his basement. He does not shun other ponies but most find him absolutely wack-a-doo and leave him alone. He lives off of the food that the plants provide for him. He is a very self sufficient pony.

His delusions are very hard to explain, they make perfect sense to him but not many other ponies. Recurring themes include: DARKNESS - THEM - US - and HER . The DARKNESS seems to be the conduit through which THEY antagonize US. As to the best of my knowledge SHE is a savior figure. Doors have power to him, he believes his house is bigger on the inside than the outside, and plants can fight the DARKNESS. He has many rituals regarding these delusions, all meant to protect from THEM.

He may be a bit unique but he has a heart of gold. He thinks that he is protecting the entirety of the pony race by following his actions and he does not understand why nopony understands that. He does not know that he is delusional nor would he care if anypony told him, in his own way he tries to protect them all. And this is where we find River at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...