A Coy Mare and Koi Fish[Ended]

TeaLeafGala.jpg

(Picture for reference)

Techno trotted out to the edge of the royal koi pond and let out a sigh. The gala was wonderful and everywhere she turned was something or somepony looking beautiful and magnificent while having a grand time with friends. She looked at her reflection in the pond and studied herself. Her dress was made of the remains of two dresses that were headed for the trash bin but she had taken them and attempted to make herself a dress worthy of the gala, her hair was put up in a bun but a few pieces had fallen out, and her orange eyes were framed by thick black glasses and a shimmering eyeshadow that complimented her pelt. As she studied her reflection she let out another small sigh. What business did she even have being at the gala? she was nopony of any importance or upbringing, in fact she had just moved to Ponyville and hadn't even finished unpacking when her invitation had arrived. She didn't know a single pony in Ponyville.

She didn't want to impose on the other ponies already in conversation by introducing herself and when she had noticed a younger pony pointing in her direction and whispering to another pony and she had assumed they were whispering about her and had run to the garden to regain her composure. So here she stood on her own staring down at her reflection and feeling more and more insecure with herself the longer she looked.

Merry walked through the royal gardens quite impressed by the display. "What gorgeous plants!" she exclaimed after walking past a few. She wondered if there was anypony else she could share this magnificent moment with, but as it seems she lost her friends through all the rush of the crowed and she didn't bother going back to find them. She wore a simple blue dress with black ruffles on the hem and a bow tied behind her back and below her wings. Merry came out here in hopes to find some pony talk to.

She noticed a young mare standing at the edge of a pond and saw how beautiful the dress she was wearing was. She had to know who made it and where she got it from. Trotting up to the mare she said her usual greetings "Hello there Miss!" she said in a cheerful voice "Your dress is quite wonderful and you yourself look absolutely fabulous but may I ask why you're out here alone?" she tipped her head to the side as she asked her question because she didn't understand why this mare would be by herself when she looks like somepony famous.

Techno jumped a bit at the sudden greeting. "Oh, hello!" She smiled at the unfamiliar pony before continuing. "I've just moved into town so I don't know anypony." She pawed at the grass nervously as she looked around. "My name is Techno Tealeaf, but you can call me whatever you'd like." She fidgeted nervously as she spoke and wondered to herself if she was talking too much or too little, she had the bad habit of either rambling or saying very little when she meet somepony new and ended up embarrassing herself but she had told herself that tonight she would do her best not to embarrass herself. She looked at the new pony's dress and smiled. "Your dress is lovely, I like how the bow highlights your figure and wings. It's very elegant."

Merry listened to the Mare, who's name was Techno TeaLeaf, talking in a nervous and hurried response. She wondered what was wrong with the her and why was she so nervous after a hello. She wanted to calm her down a bit so she gave her a gentle and reassuring smile "Hello again, my name is Merry and I'm pleased to meet you" she started and took a bow before Techno. "I actually do not live in Ponyville I live in Appleloosa at the current moment but I will be staying around a bit since I have busy here" Merry purposely added so she knows that they can talk outside of the gala and had time to get to know each other.

"I must say your dress is very fabulous it fits you just right and that train looks like a koi fish. Your dress is absolutely stunning on you it matches your coat and just wow it's lovely" she told her in a happy glee "You must tell me who made you that wonderful thing!"

Techno blushed a bit at the compliments she was getting about her dress. "Actually I made it myself, it's really two old dresses sewn together." She lifted her right foreleg to show the Merry the small bow and little buttons on her sleeve. The front half is made from an old Victorian dress and the back is from an Indian styled gown." She turned to show Merry the back half and continued. "See it looks like an albino Peacock's tail, but their tail eyes are white not orange." She smiled a genuine smile of happiness as she spoke to the Pegasus. "If you don't mind my asking what sort of business are you here for?" She hoped she didn't come off as rude, the last thing she wanted was to have someone upset with her.

Merry listened intently as the mare spoke about her dress and how she put it together she was amazed at how well it was constructed one could hardly tell it use to be two old dresses combined into one amazing dress. "That is one of the most gorgeous dresses I've ever seen!" she gushed happily "And I've seen a lot of dresses in my delivery days!" she explained hoping she'd understood it as a compliment. "Why am I here?" Merry echoed the question not quite sure herself why she was actually here "Well I guess I'm here just to come see what it's about really. I've heard how the gala is one of THE most talked about parties and that it's gorgeous so far it stands up to what I've heard about it!" she smiled warmly "What about you dear what is your reason to have come?"

"Oh I'm here because I thought I could introduce myself and make some friends, maybe advertise my shop opening a bit but it seems like everypony's already in conversation or busy with something else." She looked back toward the castle and continued. "I didn't think the gala would be quite as big as it is, I knew it was a big party but I never imagined anything like this! The buffet alone is bigger than my shop and loft put together." She laughed to herself before turning back to Merry. "So you're a delivery pony? That must be exciting seeing all sorts of different ponies and towns. What sort of deliveries do you make, do you work for a store or with the local mail?"

"Yes this /IS/ quite the shindig" she nodded in agreement "I also did not expect to see so many other ponies especially from all over Equestria but I do enjoy seeing all the different cultures mix together, is it not?" Merry questioned out loud thinking of all the different things she's seen so far, she was sure she saw a zebra in the ranks one of the first she's spotted in person. 'I hope I can meet that Zebra sometime before the gala ends' she thought to herself for a moment then turned her full attention back on Techno as she asked questions "It is very exciting meeting new ponies everywhere I go. I'm just my own delivery pony I give help to postage places that need an extra hoof but I travel everywhere once they don't need me" Merry thought about all the places she's been to and has yet to go to "I do have a few frequent clients that I enjoy to help though. Why are you in need of a delivery pony? I wouldn't mind having you added to my frequent client lists" smiling brightly at Techno.

Techno tilted her head and thought for a second. "Well honestly I hadn't thought of it but maybe I could use a delivery pony for special orders." She straightened up and locked around the garden. "I heard that there is a Griffin at the gala, and even a zebra! I thought the gala was for ponies only, not that I don't like griffins and zebras mind you I've just never meet one before." She smiled as she thought of a picture of a zebra she had seen before. "Although I do like the way their manes look. Have you ever meet a griffin or a zebra Merry?"

"I've heard the same thing! Well not the griffon but I did hear about the Zebra!" Merry whispered in a excited voice, she felt more connected with this pony already since they were 'gossiping' with each other. She heard that's what a lot of marefriends do. "I think I saw the zebra in the crowd actually but didn't get to meet him up close. I hope I do I hear they are quite wonderful but other than that no I have never met a griffon or a zebra up close" she sighed in hopes that she can change that statement by the end of the night. "Oh! If you ever need a delivery pony just give me a call and I'll be there lickety-split" she handed Techno a card with her number on it. "I'll even do it for free since you're a new customer and a friend."

Techno tucked the card into a small pocket as a big smile spread across her face, she had made her first friend in Ponyville! "Thank you Merry I'll be sure to call on you if I need anything delivered." Again her thoughts drifted to zebras and griffons. Maybe we'll meet a zebra or a griffon tonight! I imagine a zebra would be taller than a pony, and I bet griffons are even bigger!" She giggled as she chatted with her new friend. She was curious of the inhabitants of Ponyville and once she had heard Ponyville was home to some of the species she had only read about in books she couldn't help but talk about them. It wasn't really gossiping as they weren't talking about anyone in particular, but to Techno just imagining meeting such an exotic creature was exciting.

"Hey you wanna explore the garden some more?" Merry asked excitedly barely containing her joy of befriending somepony new. "I heard there are some /WONDERFUL/ flowers that bloom only at night and when the moon is juuuuuuuuuuuust right." she giggled pawing at the ground ready to explore the entire palace with her new friend. Merry was always secluded, despite her outgoing nature, she never had many friends since she was always on the go for her job and her love of doing her job at her best and top quality which left little time for small talk. Now that she has all the time in the world she wanted to get to learn as much as she could about Techno tonight "So what do you do? I mean your job and what's your cutie-mark?" trying to pick out her questions carefully.

Techno beamed with happiness. "I'd love too!" She took her place at Merry's side before answering her questions. "Well I run a tea shop and dance club. Well I will once I get unpacked and set up properly. If you have some time off you should stop by and I'll make you a special drink, on the house of course." She couldn't help but smile as she talked about her new shop, she had worked her hooves to the bone saving up enough money to buy a place that suited her dream shop. "The building is perfect for what I want to do. The main floor is the shop, I've turned the basement into a dance floor, and I live in the loft above the store." She cut herself off before she went on to talk about her tea plants and why the location was perfect for growing them. "As for my cutie mark, it looks like an orange tea leaf, I'd show it to you but I can't with this dress on." She laughed at how strange that sounded. "I'll have to show you after the gala when I'm back to work. What about you Merry, what's your cutie mark?" She hoped she wasn't being to forward or talking too much but it didn't seem like Merry minded her babbling.

Monty was stuffed to bursting. He had just 'visited' the buffet at which he just had to sample all the food, he was a retired chef after all. Sampling had quickly turned into scarfing and now Monty was looking for a rest and some fresh air. He managed to find his way outside and into the Royal Gardens. He slowly lumbered about until he found a comfortable looking bench to sit upon. He plopped down onto his flank, resting his back on the back of the bench and stretching his arms out over the very top. Being that he was taller than the average pony his hind legs did in fact reach the ground which made sitting as such rather comfortable for him. He must have looked odd to the passing ponies because a few of them snickered when they thought they were out of earshot. His red bow-tie could have been seen from a mile off in that garden, especially against the muted colours of his brown tuxedo and crème shirt. He chuckled to himself thinking back to greeting the Princess.

'Those Royal Guard ponies looked like they were gunna have a fit!' Monty thought to himself as he let his head fall back and his gaze met the sky.

He watched the stars twinkle against their black velvet bedspread. He remembered only a few from his sailing days. He relaxed like that, not expecting anypony to pay him much mind, closing his eyes as he sighed.

[[ OOC: Painted pointed out that they were talking about Monty and I couldn't help myself ^^ I hope that is alright. ]]

"My cutie-mark isn't all that special just a envelope seal with a heart" she replied happy to have something to talk about and share. Merry walked into the direction that headed deeper into the gardens looking around at every plant and flower the Gala had to offer. "Isn't this just wonderful?" she asked Techno in awe looking at some of the plants that looked as if they were glowing! The moon brought these flowers true colours that sometimes the sun didn't do. "I bet you it took forever to get all these plants here and planted in just the right spot so it will show off their true nature don't cha think Techno?"

Soon her eyes caught something sprawled out on a bench was that a Zebra? Squinting her eyes to see if it was just her mind playing tricks or not soon she realized that it really was the zebra! Merry was confident this was the one she saw earlier that evening, she nudged her new friend and pointed a hoof in the stallions direction "Look look! It's a Zebra!" she said in an excited whisper "I think we should go talk to him! Don't cha don't cha?" Merry always had a terrible habit of talking to much at once when she warms up to somepony asking questions barely giving enough time to answer.