[Ponyville] A odd visitor. [OPEN]

holypony20

Sir Knightly smiled watching Starflower even though they didn't get there full romantic date he didn't mind because if he wanted to be with Starflower then he would have to deal with this stuff happening. He was also happy to help her with her job for sure getting to help out her love and being able to help ponies in need was something that is his dream life. "It was no problem hunny I'm just happy to be able to help you out with your job, and to help some pony in need is what I live to do I use to be a knight so thats what I do help ponies in need." He smiled and looks to Colton. "Don't worry Colton your in good care with Starflower caring for you." Knightly looks back at Starflower smiling still happy being able to still stay with his love through all of this.

"I know I am Knightly, and thanks." Colton stated with a smile. He took a deep breath and awaited to see if his plan would work out, he wasn't quite sure if he could trust the waiter, or any waiter, Colton had a thing with waiters. Regardless, he put faith in the workers in hopes that they would indeed be wheeling in a surprise dinner for Knightly and Starflower. Until then, he decided to do the only thing he could do.

"Excuse me guys but...I think a friend of mine should be joining us." Colton stated before letting off a rather loud whistle. A few seconds later a small object could be seen flying towards the group of three. When the object got closer it could be seen that it wasn't an object at all, it was a bird, a sparrow.

"Knightly, Starflower, meet Sparks." Colton stated as the bird did a small bow in mid-air then perched himself on Colton's head, "He's my pet, I thought he would be inclined to meet you since you two helped me out." Colton said as Sparks gave a confused glare to his master. Colton nudged his head down to indicate the presence of a wheelchair. It was at this point Sparks nearly burst into laughter. Colton nudging him though made the bird cease.

"If you laugh at this I promise you I'l-" Colton was cut off by the doors to the kitchen swinging open, and out came a waiter, carrying an platter of various romantic snack foods, adorned with hearts and all that seasonal guff. Colton turned to see two surprised ponies, "...Compliments to the chef." Colton said as he flicked a bit into the waiter's hoof and wheeled himself backwards, giving Knightly and Starflower some room.

Starflower smiled with delight at the sudden appearance of the bird.

"He's adorable!" the lanky unicorn mare neighed. "Adorable and so well behaved! Where did you find him? How did the two of you meet?"

Starflower was naturally curious about the bird. She then looked over at Sir Knightly, hoping that he was still having a good time tonight and that the appearance of Colton's pet would be welcomed by him as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Knightly watched as the bird came in and landed on Colton and smiled. "He is pretty adorable have to say." He smiled seeing that Starflower was happy with seeing the bird as he saw the waiter bring a big tray of food. "Oh here comes our food." He waits for the food until he sees what it is. "Wait that's not what we ordered." Then he hears Colton and looks surprised. "Um hunny I think he got this for us." He smiled to her waiting for a response from his love as he was happy to get a meal like this to share with Starflower his love.

Colton continues smiling, he was happy to see that Sparks was getting on soo well with other ponies, and vice versa. He was about to let the two of them continue their meal but then a question was posed to him by Starflower. The pegasus tried to collect his thoughts and manages to remember the day he and Sparks first met.

"Well...it was kind of a while back...When I was sixteen, and living with my folks...I founds this little guy in an pretty much empty nest...Couldn't just leave him there, so, we took the egg in and...you can probably figure out the rest." The pegasus stated with a slight chuckle.

"But, don't mind me...Knightly is right...I ordered this stuff for you guys...so dig in! We'll be okay...right buddy?" Colton asked Sparks, to which the little bird nodded.

Starflower first looked down at the food as it was placed on the table and then over at Sir Knighty after he commented.

"I believe you're right, darling," the light purple unicorn said as she then heard Colton tell them he had ordered it.

"Thank you, Colton. You didn't have to do all this just for us, but we certainly do appreciate it, don't we Sir Knightly?"

Starflower smiled as she watched Colton's pet responding to his words.

"Sparks is very well behaved. And that was a very touching story of how you found him. Sir Knightly, do you have any pets?"

• 2 weeks later...

Knightly smiled seeing the food and looking at Starflower and he nodded as she asked him if they appreciated it. "Oh of course we definitley appreciate it Colton it was very nice of you." He then listened to Colton story about his pet and nodded in agreement that it was a touching story and heard Starflower ask if he had a pet himself. "Well I dont anymore. I had a dog back when I was a little foal. Then I went off to be a knight and he stayed with my parents. Eventually though my dog died of old age when I was away. He was a great dog though me and him would play out in the yard and he would sleep with me on my bed sometimes." He smiled remembering the good times with his dog. "But right now I dont have a pet."

Colton nodded along at Knightly's story. It really got the pegasus thinking for a moment on the mortality of a pet. The pegasus dreaded to think if his time with Sparks would ever come to an untimely end such as that...However, Colton was one for thinking positively so he perked up and didn't let thoughts of such things cloud his mind.

"Sorry for your loss there, Knightly...It may be a tad overdue but you have my condolences for what they're worth." Colton said with a serious look followed by a smile.

"And really, there's no need to thank me...Either of you...Most ponies I've met would have simply left me there...Surprising but the truth. You two...I'm grateful, I really am. You took time out of your lovely date to help a total stranger...So I think I should make up for the romantic moments I made you guys miss...So in short, enjoy!" He added with a beaming smile.

Starflower was saddened by Sir Knightly's story about his dog. She had never had a pet before, but realized how ponies treasured their own pets like one of the family. The lanky unicorn mare reached a hoof over to her date to hold, then looked up at him with loving, sad eyes.

"I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, darling," she said in a soft voice. "Perhaps someday you can find another, you certainly deserve a good, faithful, trusting canine."

Starflower looked deeply into his eyes once more before turning towards Colton again.

"We do thank you for your hospitality, Colton. I've been meaning to ask, do you live closeby?"

• 2 weeks later...

Knightly smiles and nods to Colton for giving his condolences. "Oh thank you Colton its in my past though so I dont tend to dwell on it to much. But really Colton helping you out was what we both do actually. Starflowers a nurse pony and well I'm a retired Knight. Where both have very helping personalities." He then looked over to Starflower that was offering her hoof to hold because of his story about his dog. Even though he was past all of the grief of that part in his life he still took it. "Thanks hunny thats really nice. And maybe I could get another dog at some point that would be nice." Knightly smiled and held Starflowers hoof a little longer and watched as she talked to Colton now about where he lived as he was wondering that too.

Colton smiled as Starflower asked that question in particular.

"Well...For the moment...yes. I'm staying at this one inn for now but, to answer your question better, no I don't like closeby." He waited for a reaction before explaining.

"You see...I don't live anywhere, really. I'm a traveller, an adventurer somepony might call it. Ever since I was old enough to go out on my own, me and Sparks have been going all across Equestria. And..." Colton led into before taking out a journal from his saddlebags.

"We keep it all in this little journal." He stated before gently placing it on the table and opening to a random page. "All of it's in there..." He finished with a grin.

Starflower reached to hold the hoof Sir Knightly offered. She liked hearing him say that he was dedicated to helping others. This made her love for the stallion deepen. The lanky unicorn then turned to see Colton's journal and opened it up with her free hoof and began to skim it.

"This is great writing, Colton! Do you plan to use these notes to write a book about your journey?"

Starflower then turned towards Sir Knightly.

"You've had a very distinguished career, Sir Knightly. Perhaps you should consider writing a book too."

• 4 weeks later...

Knightly listened to Colton talk about he had no where to live because he was an adventurer which he could definitely admire since he knew how it is to go out on his own. He then noticed that Starflower took his hoof and he smiled over at her liking the touch of hoof on his. He then looked back to Colton that took out a journal and he said that he recorded his adventures in the journal. "Oh wow that's great Colton its definitely a good idea to record your adventures like this because you never know when you want to look back on the stuff you did." He then heard Starflower say that he should write about his career. "Yes I think that's a pretty good idea I never thought about writing about my career as a knight for Celestia."

Colton smirked at the reactions he received for his journal, he listened for Knightly's response to Starflower's question and nodded in approval at his answer. "Well that certainly is a distinguished career to write about, Knightly. Not everyday we get a bit of insight into life as a guard...I'd certainly like reading it if anything." The pegasus admitted with a smile.

It was then that Colton decided to flick through the various pages of his journal and relive the past few years. He kept a constant light smile as both he and Sparks began reading over their escapades, one in particular had piqued his interest. He showed the page to the two ponies and began explaining.

"This here was me and Sparks' trip to Las Pegasus...Eventful to say the least. We were having amazing luck and actually came into quite a bit of money but...Well, greed and all that sorta made ourselves a bit distant from each other...Neither of us was really happy with that...And then my luck ended and I lost all that money...But we still had each other and we left happy with what we had, rather than what we lost." Colton finished as he looked over some of the pictures the two of them had took.

"That often happens in Las Pegasus, so I'm told," Starflower said as she examined the journal pages with Sir Knightly. "I've never been to Las Pegasus before, I'm not even sure that non-Pegasi are even allowed in the city. Isn't it a cloud city that only Pegasi can visit? I've often wondered about that."

The purple maned unicorn mare turned her head towards Sir Knightly.

"Have you even been there, Sir Knightly? Bet you've had a lot of interesting travels during your career."

• 3 weeks later...

Sir Knightly looked over the stuff Colton showed the two about Las Pegasus as he remember one time he had to go there with the Princess. He listens to Coltons story too it was unfortunate but something that happens in that town. "It does happen Colton that town is a good place if you are careful. If your not to careful it can corrupt you and turn you to greed." He then heard Starflower ask him about if hes ever been there. "Oh yes I have I had to go with the princess as her personal guard a couple times when she went there to open up new hotels that have opened. Those hotels where quite nice I have to say especially the VIP suites that we got to stay in during our stays. but it was also sometimes too fancy for my tastes hehe." He smiled.

Colton smiled along with Knightly and responded rather promptly to his statement, "Yeah, I know what you mean. Me and Sparks were in a suite like that, absolutely gorgeous." He uttered as he took a sip of some water that had been left for them, Sparks then taking a drink from the same glass, then Colton has to regrettably put it to one side. The pegasus continued flicking through the pages, smiling along.

He lifted his head to his two friends and tore himself away from his world of nostalgia to ask a question, "You guys wanna see more of this journal? If not then you guys can go ahead and enjoy your meal, don't mind me." He stated as he leaned back in his chair and read, making himself look scarce.

• 2 weeks later...

"We'd love to hear more about your journal, Colton," Starflower said with a smile, "travelling to far away places sounds fascinating. I don't often journey away from my clinic. Love to hear more about far away places."

Then the periwinkle unicorn mare turned towards Sir Knightly.

"How exciting! YOU were on a royal detail with the Princess in Las Pegasus? Forgive me if I seem surprised, but I have a hard time picturing any member of Equestrian royalty spending time there. Was it some sort of royal function or was she on vacation?"

• 2 weeks later...

Knightly smiled at Colton. "Oh I would love to hear more from another traveler its always great to hear others stories about there travels." He was actually sincere about that because he loved sharing stories with other adventuring ponies. He then looked at the beautiful mare next to him talking about its hard to believe royalty would go to Las Pegasus. "Oh well it wasn't exactly for vacation she was there on royal business, the ponies that ran Las Pegasus wanted the princess to be there for the opening of one of there hotels and I was one of the ponies asked to go with her on the trip. After the opening we were allowed to sleep in the VIP suites in the hotel until the next day where the princess went back to Canterlot."

Colton listened intently as Knightly spun the tale of his trip to Las Pegasus, it made him wonder if he should ever return to the city of glitz and glamour. The pegasus quickly shrugged that feeling off however when he remembered what his previous trip there had been like. He waited for Knightly to finish his story before responding to the two's reply about Colton's stories.

"Well thank you guys, I was just checking really. Didn't want to bore anybody with these old stories." The pegasus retorted as he idly flicked through the pages once again to find something that would be particularly interesting. Luckily for him he found such a piece, one he hadn't actually spoken of for a while.

He put the journal down and opened it at the particular page he was about to explain about, "You two are gonna love this one. Me and Sparks were hired once on an expedition by this big high-horse collector. We, along with a few other guys had to find this one cave and retrieve some rare jewel. I don't exactly remember the details, basically this particular jewel was the crowning achievement of some dragon's horde or something." He stated as he looked around, wondering what the reaction would be when the word 'dragon' came into it.

"Anyway, the employer pointed us to a cave that was apparently abandoned by it's previous dragon tenant, and it had left an old horde there. When we got there though...It wasn't as vacant as we thought...There was still a dragon there...very mindful of his jewels. We all managed to get out okay, even managed to get the jewel. But nobody wanted to give it to the collector since he never told us there might be a dragon there. The rest of the guys left and me and Sparks were left to deliver it."

"We got payed our share and just when we were heading out the door, the guy stopped us and said 'This is the wrong jewel' and demanded we give him the bits back. I was gonna argue with him but Sparks slammed the door literally in his face. We walked off hearing a bunch of thrashing back in the house. Later we found out Sparks had knocked the guy back into a cabinet filled with a lot of his other collectibles. Didn't hear much of Mr Collector after that one." He stated as the pegasus closed the book over once again.

Starflower was truly intrigued by the stories her two dinner companions were telling her.

"So, the Princess was on royal business in Las Pegasus! Fascinating! Did you as a royal guard have any 'free time' to explore the city yourself? It seems to be a city shrouded in mystery, would love to visit there someday," the unicorn mare said to Sir Knightly before turning her attention to Colton as he began to read from his journal.

"A dragon's horde? Oh my! I must confess a fear of dragons myself. Never treated one as a nurse and I really don't know how I would approach a sick dragon if I were called upon to help one."

Hearing more of the story and how Colton had actually found a dragon in the cave frightened Starflower so much, she instinctively reached over to hug Sir Knightly, shaking slightly with fear for a moment. Then when she realized it turned out alright, she released the dashing stallion and blushed beet red through her light blue fur.