Mane/Tail Color & Style: Dark Blue with short mane and tail

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: A Bur

Physique: Average build

Residence: Trottingham

Motivation: "To make every pony as perfect as I am!"

Likes: Being left alone, criticizing everypony else, being a grump

Dislikes: Too many to list!

Character Summary: Saddlesore grew up in average surrounding in Trottingham. Very socially awkward, he had very few friends in his foal days. Always the pessimist, Saddlesore usually managed to drive potential friends away with his constant complaining and grumbling. When his school started a Debate team, he jumped on the opportunity. At last, a chance to put his arguing skills to the ultimate test! Soon Saddlesore gained a reputation for skilled debating, although he could get rather rude, cruel and personal with his remarks. It was during the debate over whether the tale of Nightmare Moon was fact or fiction that his cutie mark appeared on his flanks. The fact that it was a bur seemed appropriate since (with few exceptions) Saddlesore was an irritating presence every time he opened his mouth to speak.

Having little social life gave the blue colt more time for study. Since he excelled with numbers, he was able to secure several accounting jobs before landing his biggest job of all, City Clerk of Trottingham. Although the Mayor dislikes Saddlesore's disposition, no one could argue that he wasn't a top flight accountant. There are also times that his arguments and criticisms are spot on and others most ponies wish they could tie his snout shut. Perhaps someday some pony can melt his cold heart, but until then, few would argue that he's the grouchiest pony in all of Equestria!

Commentary: Ok, this is a character who always has a chip on his shoulder. Think of him like a cross between Grouchy Smurf and 'Dan' from the 'Dan vs.' cartoon. He's a sort of 'Anti-Mojo', Mojo's flipside, if that makes any sense. He's not evil or villainous, just grumpy all the time. I don't know if this concept will work, but I'm willing to experiment with it.