[Ponyville] Ambrosia Winds Cafe [OPEN]

"Ah, the last batch is complete!"

Savory Spell grabbed a yellow towel from the countertop, opening the oven door and carefully extracting a baking pan filled with sweet and steaming baklava. Setting it down on a cooling rack, she meandered out of the kitchen and gazed upon the dining area of her restaurant, Ambrosia Winds. I can't believe it's already opening day, she thought, smiling to herself. The pride she felt at this moment was unparalleled as she trotted up to the front door and turned the sign to OPEN in big, cursive purple letters.

"Mama, Papa...I wish you two could see this." Savory said quietly, sniffling a little. Doing one final check of her surroundings to make sure everything was laid out and ready, she made her way out the front door and called, "Ponies and gentlecolts of all ages, if your stomachs rumble and quake, come to Ambrosia Winds to soothe your ache! Delicious exotic cuisine awaits!"

(ooc): Here comes your first customer, the absent minded professor himself, Clyde Krashcop!"

image.php?album_id=60&image_id=507

Flying above Ponyville was a green Pegasus stallion with white mane and tail. An older pony, he was far away from Manehattan University, where he had been a Professor of Applied Engineering and Physics for nearly all of his academic career until he retired for the quiet life of an inventor. Though he had his Doctorate, few ponies ever called him "Doctor" Krashkop. Most affectionally addressed him as 'Professor' Krashkop, even when his antics were comical. Today, Dr. Krashkop was in a great hurry and went into a 'power dive' towards the town. The green Pegasus with the beaker cutie mark began talking to himself in his slight German sounding accent.

"Ack! I am lucky to have gotten avay from dat dragon! Vhat a time to discover dat dee dragon repellent I invented vas not vorking dee vay it vas supposed to! I am such a dumbkoff! I must had made a mistake in mixing up dee formula last night.."

As Professor Krashkop continued to talk to himself, the distracted Pegasus failed to see the large pony statue in the middle of the town square.

CRASH!!!!!!

Seconds later, the green older stallion came to a halt on the head of the statue. Passerby were shocked at the sight of Professor Krashkop's sudden landing that caused a few of wing feathers to land on the ground.

"Vhat a silly place to put a statue! Vhat a nasty ka-knock I got on mein noggin for dat vone! Oh vell, time to eat, mein stomach is rumbling und dat means I must find substanance!"

As the elderly Pegasus climbed down off the statue, he spotted the sign of the Ambrosia Winds Cafe in the distance.

"Wunderba! I vill go dere now!" the Professor neighed as he galloped over to the entrance, still feeling a little dizzy from his flying accident. When he walked in, he spotted Savory Spell.

"Guten Morgen fraulien! I wish to dine at dis fine establishment. May I trouble you for a menu?"

(ooc; Mojo gave me a little nudge, and it sounds ike a fun place :( )

The twin bay-colored pegasi were stretching their legs in a leisurely trot and enjoying the sights of Ponyville while repairs proceeded on their telescope. Shanna gasped while Hoss winced at seeing an older pegasus crash.

Before they could rush over to help, he got up on his own and staggered into a restauraunt.

The twins looked at each other, their stomachs rumbling at the smells coming from the place. Hoss chuckled "Yeah, lets eat." and trotted into the restauraunt.

Shanna nodded and followed along "and we can check on that old gent too..."

As they entered, they looked around and spotted the proprietress. "Good day Ma'am, we just saw another pegasus enter here and figured this must be a good place to eat. Is there anything you would reccomend today?"

Savory took her place at the hostess' podium, waiting with bated breath to greet her first customers. Well, maybe she was getting her hopes up a little, but she had worked all night to make sure everything was perfect. A few silent minutes passed and then a loud BANG shook the little building, causing an antique vase to wobble to where it was riding ever so tauntingly on the edge of its shelf.

"Oh my! Grandmare's vase!" Savory quickly rushed over to the spot and nudged the vase back into place with her snout. Letting out a sigh of relief, she then turned her attention to what made that noise, when a green-hued male pegasus with white mane and thick glasses meandered in through the front door.

"Guten Morgen, fraulein! I vish to dine at dis fine establishment. May I trouble you for a menu?"

Savory's eyes lit up immediately upon seeing the older male pegasus. Her first customer of the day! "Ah, 'wilkommen', sir! Yes, please follow me and I'll bring one straight away!" Trotting back over to the podium, she snatched a menu with her teeth and made her way over to an empty table in the middle of the little dining area and gently placed the menu down on the surface.

Hearing the bell jingle once more to announce another guest, Savory turned and noticed two young twin pegasi ponies enter the cafe.

"Good day, Ma'am, we just saw another pegasus enter here and figured this must be a good place to eat. Is there anything you would recommend today?"

Savory's brain took a minute to register that she had to take care of her new customers, for she couldn't believe how charmingly cute these two ponies were. Snapping out of her daze, she smiled and replied, "Hello, dears. Welcome to Ambrosia Winds. If you'll please follow me, I'll be happy to bring out a sampling of the dishes for today." Grabbing two more menus, she walked over to the table across from the older pegasus and set them down. "First off, the smell you're noticing is my homemade baklava, a popular dessert in my homeland. The main dishes, however, are moussaka, a potato and eggplant dish, and dolmades, grape leaves stuffed with rice, mint, and parsley."

[OOC]

(ooc): No problem! You know German better than I do!

With the dizziness finally wearing off, Prof. Krashkop began to scan the menu set before him.

"Let me see.. oatmeal? Nein! Had oatmeal yesterday. Scrambled hay vith a side of hay fries? Nein! Not in dee mood for hay. Apple danish und coffee? Ja! Dat iz vhat I vill start vith! I vould like an order of apple danish und coffee. Do you have any house specialities, fraulein?"

The green Pegasus glanced over, noticing the twin Pegasi that had just entered the cafe.

"Guten Morgan dere young vones! It is a beautiful day! Say! You two look familiar. Ever attended classes at Canterlot University?"

The green Pegasus glanced over, noticing the twin Pegasi that had just entered the cafe.

"Guten Morgan dere young vones! It is a beautiful day! Say! You two look familiar. Ever attended classes at Canterlot University?"

The pair smile and inspect the menus, enjoying the smells and the description of the food and speak in unison. "Thank you. We will order in a moment, miss."

The pair look over to the dizzy pegasus, with Shanna coming over to walk around him for a moment, then back, satisfied at no obvious damage.

Hoss nods "Good morning Professor. I'm Star Skybright, My friends call me Hoss. We have indeed, in Astronomy. We have not had any of your classes though. We're now doing field work when we arent on weather patrol."

Shanna smiled "Good Morning Professor, I'm Shanna Skybright. You may know our mother, the Astronomer, Starbright. She's jet black with a white star on her forehead, and a shining star cutie mark. She is sometimes called in to lecture there."

She tillted her head to inspect his wing "We saw the nasty crash you just had and came to see if you were all right."

Hoss grinned "And the delicious smells ensure we will stay."

He turned to Savory Delight "I'll try the moussaka and a sampler platter, with some of that baklava for dessert, and whatever you recommend to drink with the meal."

Shanna nods "I'll have the dolmades, sampler, double the baklava for me and I'll have the same thing to drink, please."

[OOC]

Savory waited patiently for the three pegasus ponies to decide on what they wanted while adjusting some flowers on a nearby table. She noticed the older green pegasus close his menu and made her way over to take his order.

"An apple danish and coffee. Coming right up, sir," she said, smiling. Trotting over to the twin pegasi, whom she overheard their names were Hoss and Shanna, she waited for them to finish conversing with the older pegasus, who she then found out was a professor at Canterlot University, before she took their order.

Ah, excellent choice. I love the moussaka, personally. It's my mother's recipe." Savory replied, jotting down the order on a notepad with her magic. "For drinks, I have a raspberry lemonade spritzer, which is fresh raspberry juice mixed with lemonade and soda water." Turning to the girl pegasus pony, she went on, "Wonderful. I'll have your orders out shortly."

Making her way back to the kitchen, Savory levitated a plate from one of the cabinets and proceeded to obtain an apple danish from the warming trays stowed in the intentionally hot back room.

"Things are going swimmingly already," she said to herself, grinning. "I'm glad that there's only a couple of ponies, though. Any more and I'd be kind of frazzled right now." Pouring coffee into a clean mug, she levitated the professor's order on a tray and re-entered the dining area. "There you are, professor. Please enjoy." Returning to the kitchen, Savory commenced to prepare the dolmades for Shanna's order. Steaming the rice just right, she gently mixed in the mint and parsley and wrapped the finished product in some grape leaves she had just washed and dried. After retrieving the rest of the dishes from the back room, Savory was pleased to see that the moussaka had reached the perfect consistency. She loaded the heavier dishes onto an ornate rolling cart and wheeled it out through the double doors.

"The moussaka and a sampler for young Hoss, and here's your spritzer," Savory stated, carefully setting the plates and glass down on the table in front of the young male pegasus. "And the dolmades and sampler for Shanna. Here's your drink and please enjoy your meal." With a satisfied flick of her long black, white and teal-streaked tail, Savory beamed and once again took her position at the hostess' podium to await more customers.

[OOC]

"Danka, fraulien!" Professor Krashkop said as he began to eat. The observant older stallion then saw Shanna and Hoss being served.

"Ja! I knew Starbright! She vas vone of mein best students! I alvays knew she vould go far in dis vorld! Und dee two of you are her foals? Dat is vonderba!"

The hungry Professor soon ate his donut and drank his coffee. He smelled the food the twins were enjoying.

"Hey vaitress! I vant vhat day are having! I am so hungry I could eat a dragon! Vait, no I couldn't, ponies don't eat meat und besides dee ting vould roast me to a crisp! I almost go roasted a short time ago. Let me give you two youngsters some advice. NEVER try to test homemade dragon repellant vith yourself as dee test subject! If I hadn't flew so fast, dat dragon vould've burnt mein tail.

As he spoke, small puffs of smoke began to float in the air behind him.

"Vait a minute! I am in dee No Smoking Section of dis restaurant, ja?"

Little did the Professor know that the tip of his tail was still ON FIRE!

Shanna giggled and looked over at Clyde "You'll love this Dolmedes. Wait a dragon? yes, that sounds really dangerous!"

Hoss sniffed the air just as Shanna spotted the smoke.

Both ponies jumped from their seats and rushed to the professor, finding the fire. "EEK! Your Tail!"

Hoss beat on it with a wingtip while shanna grabbed a water carafe' in her mouth an splashed it on the tail. Between them, they quickly put it out.

"Are you all right sir?"

[OOC]

Savory hummed to herself at the podium, glancing back at her three customers every now and then, until she heard Professor Krashkop calling out to her. Cantering over to him, she nodded her head as she heard the rest of his order. "Of course, professor. I'll get that out to you right away," she said, smiling. Pushing open the door to the kitchen, she gathered a full tray of dishes for the professor and retrieved the twins' dessert, when she smelled smoke coming from the dining area. Peeking out the window, her eyes widened when she saw that the professor's tail was on fire. Bursting through the door with a glass of water floating just above her head, Savory stopped when she saw that the twins had already put out the fire before she could even blink.

"Oh my goodness! Are you all right, Professor?" she cried and thanked the twins for their quick thinking. Sighing with relief, Savory set down the glass she was carrying and went on, "That was impressive, you two. As thanks for saving a fellow customer and quite possibly, my restaurant, all of your baklava shall be on the house!" Nodding her head in approval, she made her way back to the kitchen to retrieve the dishes she had waiting.

"ACK! UN-NEE-MAL!" the stunned Professor shouted when he turned his head and realized his tail was on fire. The elderly green Pegasus breathed a sigh of relief when the twins quickly extinguished it.

"Danka mein friends. I did need dat! I am fine now, fraulein, tanks to dees two young ponies!"

The Professor then began to chuckle.

"Dis is not dee first time I burned mein tail. Vhen I vas your age, as a student vone evening I vas mixing a new chemical creation in mein lab und.. BOOM!!!! Dee next ting I remember vas up a tree vith mein tail und mane burning! I vas sure in a barrel of trouble vith dee Dean dat day!"

The twins clopped their fore hooves happily at the news of their dessert being on the house. "Thank you, Miss. It was nothing."

Shanna smiles "We were happy to help."

She then turns to the professor "Are you sure you are all right, sir?"

The twins laugh as the professor tells the story of his youth.

Suddenly Hoss lops an ear in thought. "Er, we dont have to worry about the dragon following you, do we?"

"I am doing vell, fraulien Shanna," the Professor said with a smile. "No vorry about dat dragon following me here to Ponyville. I have studied dragon for decades und day von't come to a town like dis. I tink..."

The hungry green Pegasus devoured all the food sat before him with amazing speed.

"Hoss, Shanna, dee two of you saved mein tail, literally! Allow me to repay your kindness by paying for dee rest of your meal! It's dee least I could do for you fine ponies! I vill even leave a handsome tip as vell. I vould offer you all a bottle of mein dragon repellent, but I tink dat vould not be a good idea."

Shanna and Hoss bowed their thanks to Savory. "That smells amazing!" they chorused.

Turning back to the professor, they smiled "Oh thank you professor!" "Yes, that's awfully great of you!"

Hoss nickered and ate his dessert "Well i'm glad that the dragon wont likely follow you here. Have you done any work on telescopes or weather devices?"

Shanna nodded beside her brother "Yes, I've heard somepony is working on telescopes using mirrors for more viewing power in the same tube length. is that anything you are involved in?"