Carrot Fields

Here I go, first character RP app, figure I could give FiM RP a try. tongue.png

Name: Carrot Fields

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Grey

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Curly and red

Eye Color: green

Cutie Mark: A cluster of orange and green stars in the constellation of a carrot.

Physique: Strong farm pony, of average size for young stallion, slightly skinnier than normal.

Residence: A small carrot farm outside of Ponyville to the southwest (but born in Fet Loch)

Motivation: On the surface, his cutie mark represents both his family's carrot heritage, his job, and his love of the night sky. It also, though, represents his ability to pull patterns from events around him (make a constellation out of stars). So the carrot shape of the mark isn't so much a passion about carrot farming as it is about family.

Likes: Astronomy; history; strong fillies; enjoys being outdoors, especially at night.

Dislikes: Being ignored, left out of stuff, or alone. Ironically he is fearful of giving any sort of speech or being a salesman (sadly required when selling carrots). Wine, fancy wares and cloths as he *likes* being a simple pony.

Character Summary: Th' carrot folk has a huir ay a long family history ay farmin'. We've al'ays had a way wi' the land, an' we made th' land ay Fet Loch our own. But a farmin' family is a big family, an' we ran out ay land around those parts, sae we started spreadin' it, sendin' our younger folk aff tae far off towns tae start their ain farms.

Oi'm a body ay those younger folk. Ah headed aff tae Ponyville, a town wi' a strong earth-pony heritage, an' a history ay farmin' all its ain. But farmin' wasnae mah only option. Packed intae mah cart as Ah walked tae ponyville was mah telescope, fur lookin' at th' stars. Oi'd al'ays loved th' night sky. Ah kent half th' stars personally, an' th' moon al'ays seemed mah friend.

Oi'd ne'er bin good wi' fillies, but th' Mare in th' Moon, she understood what it was tae be lonely. She hud al'ays bin there tae listen when Ah confided mah problems, she ne'er judged me, nae loik th' the others at school. An' her elegant profile... ah, sae bonnie.

But at th' 1000th Summer Sun Celebration, she left, disappeared frae th' moon. Her profile was nae there nae more. Oi heard th' news, bout Princess Luna - but was th' Mare in th' Moon was moi sweet. Princess Luna dinnae e'en know who Oi am.

----

Annnd picture reference:

gallery_69_18_99554.png

I gotta ask...

>Residence: A small carrot farm outside of Ponyville to the southwest (but born in Fet Loch)

Where is Fet Loch? We have out own maps here so if you would please use them to reference about your ponies that would be wonderful so people are all on the same page.

Other than that tid bit, looks nice! Approved.

I gotta ask...

>Residence: A small carrot farm outside of Ponyville to the southwest (but born in Fet Loch)

Where is Fet Loch? We have out own maps here so if you would please use them to reference about your ponies that would be wonderful so people are all on the same page.

Other than that tid bit, looks nice! Approved.

Ahh, sorry, I wrote that part before I knew of the map and forgot to changed it. I suppose the idea was he was originally from very far away (hence the accent, I was actually thinking a place analogous to Scotland, really it was a plot devise more than anyplace to ever visit or anything) but then moved to the nearby countryside outside of Ponyville where ponies could start farms. If I had to pick a place on the map for a home where he emigrated from I would say somewhere in one of the smaller more isolated valleys of the Solstice Heights (where, as you say "Many of the lower class unicorns and ponies live").

Oh wonderful! I just don't want anypony getting confused is all, it looks great and good luck with the accent! I always have trouble keeping them up in character myself. xD But they always seem to be interesting when pulled off. I look forward to seeing him around!