Sun Sprout

Skye

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Sun Sprout (Nickname: Sunny)

Species: Unicorn

Pelt Color: Green, fading to a lighter green towards her hooves

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Bright yellow, almost gold in its brightness, but somewhat short so they don't drag in the mud.

Eye Color: Yellow, to match her mane

Cutie Mark: Cutie Mark undiscovered at this stage, will be a brilliant sunflower with a smiley face in it.

Physique: Slender filly, but built sturdy from her work in her mother's garden. Wears golden strappy shoes to keep her hooves from getting too dirty.

Residence: "Heather Blossom's" flowershop in Trottingham

Occupation: Works alongside her mother's flower shop 'Heather Blossom's'.

Motivation: Will discover her talent for helping flowers grow. In her presence, they seem to bloom faster than normal. When ailing plants are brought to her, they seem to perk up faster than natural.

Likes: Flowers! The bright and colorful, the better. Sweets (especially those that crunch!), singing to herself or with others(occasionally she'll be a little off key, but the flowers don't mind!), thunderstorms!

Dislikes: Angry voices, bitter apples, loud and obnoxious voices, ponies that don't stop to appreciate where they put their feet

Character Summary:

As a foal, Sunny always had a bright and, well, sunny disposition. Always ready for a laugh and making ponies smile if she could help it. Frowny faces make her want to cheer a pony up, and she's not afraid to bring a flower or two as a gift. As the sun can be on a cloudy day, she has a temper that manifests when her buttons get pressed, but she'll switch back to sweet and friendly just as quick. Her mother, Heather Blossom, has been growing flowers since she was a filly and Sunny's the second generation to continue this tradition, sharing their various exotic flowers with the herbs they can get from across town. Sometimes Sunny will make a foray to the surrounding countryside to see if anything new has sprouted. Still being a filly, she's yet to demonstrate her true full potential; the plants listen to her. They may not have much to say, but she's got this way with the greenies that just makes them want to show their very best.

In her presence, plants seem to perk up, as if getting a little extra boost just by her being around them. Enough time around them will cause them to bloom faster, though she rarely spends that much time in their presence except for her shop. Sunny helps her mother in the flower hospital as well, providing care and feeding of ailing plants that will be brought by their owners. Here, she demonstrates her best. She's never lost a patient yet! As a hobby, she will be able to use her unicorn magic to enhance the growth of her flowers and plants, helping little decorative trees assume intriguing and beautiful shapes. A sparkling laugh when she laughs, and an extra husky lilt to her voice when angry, she tends to be bubbly and forward to the patrons of the store. Her golden strappy sandals, a beloved gift from her mother, help keep her pony pedi'd hooves from getting muddy and chipped as she digs the new beds of the small flower beds around their cottage in Trottingham, periodically requiring repair from the town's shoesmiths, prompting for visits to the local establishments to see what else is new. When the new and exotic flowers come in from the Great Nimbusgait lakes, she gets so incredibly excited, their business fairly blooms!

Her favorite time of year is Winter Wrap-Up, as she knows that Spring isn't far behind. The Running of the Leaves makes her both happy and sad at the same time, as the beautiful leaves are such a symphony of color, but leaves the poor trees naked and bare and she knows that Winter will not be far behind. She's not much for Pinkie's type of parties, though she'll happily cater bouquets of flowers when requested, four bits a basket, please! Someday she hopes to take over running her mother's business, but for now she's just happy to be a part of the whole thing. There isn't a space wasted in or around the cottage that doesn't have -something- green and growing in it! Sunny occasionally will take trips (Usually not alone at this age!) to surrounding locations. She even dreams someday to go to Cloudsdale, though she knows her chances of getting there are slim to none.

post-201-13147199707645_thumb.jpg

Its looking good to me so far. Only thing that catches my attentions is making plants bloom sever times faster, which seems like a lot, you might just say faster. But its a small detail, and I think the character's bio is written well. I feel a little bit like I already know the character, and what I can expect from her, and thats a good sign to me.

I like how you've already planned out her cutie mark, and provided the information here even though she doesn't have it yet.

One thing though- I forgot she was a unicorn throughout this application. To me her talents seem very Earth Pony oriented; and I didnt see you mention anything about her using her magic. While its not necessary to change that, I just wanted to share my impressions. Just because she has a horn doesn't mean she has to be a magic guru- perhaps her horn will be extra helpful in managing the delicate care of so many plants.

I like it so far, keep it up i say :3

Its looking good to me so far. Only thing that catches my attentions is making plants bloom sever times faster, which seems like a lot, you might just say faster. But its a small detail, and I think the character's bio is written well. I feel a little bit like I already know the character, and what I can expect from her, and thats a good sign to me.

I like how you've already planned out her cutie mark, and provided the information here even though she doesn't have it yet.

One thing though- I forgot she was a unicorn throughout this application. To me her talents seem very Earth Pony oriented; and I didnt see you mention anything about her using her magic. While its not necessary to change that, I just wanted to share my impressions. Just because she has a horn doesn't mean she has to be a magic guru- perhaps her horn will be extra helpful in managing the delicate care of so many plants.

Made a few adjustments, I think Ponyville's getting a little crowded for one thing! I'd forgotten that I hadn't really gotten into her unicorn aspects, but I think I've resolved that. After all, I've never thought I'd have to -add- power to my characters! She's s'posed to be subtle though, like a warm sunny day. :P

Made a few adjustments, I think Ponyville's getting a little crowded for one thing! I'd forgotten that I hadn't really gotten into her unicorn aspects, but I think I've resolved that. After all, I've never thought I'd have to -add- power to my characters! She's s'posed to be subtle though, like a warm sunny day. :D

I like the subtle changes, flows a bit more smoothly; I like that you have her use her unicorn magic to encourage her plants to grow in decorative shapes; reminds me of my lucky bamboo :3 Looking very good to me!

>Residence: "Heather Blossom's" flowershop in Trottingham

Wonderful to see ponies being spread out!

You could also mention she gets very excited when you get special shipments of exotic flowers and planets from the Great Nimbusgait Lakes possibly? Lots of very beautiful and rare floral grow there so it's only natural all of Trottingham would want the very best from there. :D

Other than that, Approved!

>Residence: "Heather Blossom's" flowershop in Trottingham

Wonderful to see ponies being spread out!

You could also mention she gets very excited when you get special shipments of exotic flowers and planets from the Great Nimbusgait Lakes possibly? Lots of very beautiful and rare floral grow there so it's only natural all of Trottingham would want the very best from there. :D

Other than that, Approved!

Oh, so adding that! :D