Mister Freddie Freewings

Pony_Sage

Oh boy I hope I'm doing this right. Here Goes nothing!! *gulp*

[ Pony Related Character ]

The above image is courtesy of Skink. Thank you very much!

Name: Mister Freddie Freewings

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Colour: Satin black, with silver white slowly edging in with age

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Beautiful platinum mane and Tail. He wears his mane so that it is long enough to hang over his right eye, hiding his injury. The rest of his mane follows the line laid out by his front mane, in a slowly sloping curve to the end of his mane.

Eye Color: Left Eye: Beautiful light rose colour. Right eye: Damaged and white with a scar running through it

Cutie Mark: A harmonica going from top left to bottom right in the foreground, crossing a bindle that goes from top right to bottom left forming an "X"ÂÂ.

Physique: Used to be more in shape due to his walking, but now he prefers to have a little more meat on his old bones. He is not fat but weighs a little more than average.

Residence: Outskirts of Ponyville but anypony is invited to come visit him when he is there.

Occupation: Current: Tea Maker in the local shoppe (to make money).

Motivation: To walk the land, learn ponies stories, play their stories with his Harmonica (The Blues). He also loves to learn how other ponies live and how they like their walks of life.

Likes: Talking to new and interesting ponies over a good cup of tea. Walking the map & experiencing everything life has to offer. A good old Blues Harp. The Blues. Herbal Tea.

Dislikes: Snobbish rich ponies. The destruction of nature for selfish reasons. Being in the air at all. Ponies who don't slow down to appreciate the day.

Character Summary:

Freddie was born in Cloudsdale to Evey and Yuri Freewings. They were a rather affluent and prominent family in Cloudsdale. Freddie was born with a defective right wing, making him almost unable to fly. The best he could manage to accomplish was slowing his falls. He was a handsome foal/colt but his defective wing stuck up at an odd angle detracting from this. Even though he had no interest in, and could not , fly his parents insisted upon enrolling him in flight academy. They thought that even if he could not fly, he should at least know how to in theory and one day he could possibly become an administrator in some form or another. Plus if he was enrolled in flight academy the family would be less of a spectacle. Having a Pegasus son that could not fly was enough of a social burden, but if he did not attend fight school it would be even worse.

It was during his second month at flight academy that his accident occurred. He was standing on a cloud observing the other ponies as usual. A pony who was practicing a touch and go maneuver flew out of control and was sent careening towards Freddie. As the pony struck Freddie he was knocked from his cloud and began to fall towards the ground. With his working wing he tried every thing he had learned to slow his descent but with minimal results. He did however manage to aim himself at some trees. After plummeting through a multitude of trees he struck the ground with tremendous force. Just before he blacked out he managed to get a foggy look around the surroundings. The ground world was amazing to Freddie. He had only seen it in pictures during his studies but in person the coulours were so vivid and the smells so rich that it left a lasting impression upon him.

Freddie awoke in the Cloudsdale infirmary in a frenzy. After calming him down the nurse brought in the Doctor who explained that Freddie was lucky to be alive. The Doctor told Freddie that he had lost the use of his right eye, fractured most of the bones in his body and his wings were now completely useless. After he had calmed down from the shock Freddie noticed that his parents were not present, this did not come as a surprise to Freddie. His parents were always more aloof than caring, far more concerned with their appearance than anything else.

At this point Freddie fell into a deep depression. His friends would visit and stay for a while; his parents would seldom visit though. During his recovery he met an elderly Pegasus Pony names Clyde Bristles. As frail and weak as he was Clyde was a very happy go lucky pony. Freddie would spend hours talking to Clyde, listening to him recount stories of his past adventures, and play his harmonica. One day Clyde was there no longer. He had embarked upon the last trip that a pony can make in this world. Before he "left" Clyde gave Freddie a present, an old harmonica. In remembrance of his lost friend, Freddie decided to try the harmonica. To his surprise it came easily to him. As Freddie played and became better and better over the ensuing weeks he noticed and odd thing happening. Freddie felt as if his sorrow and anger was slipping away. As if it was getting blown out through his Harp.

At that point Freddie felt a tingle all over his body. Low and behold his cutie-mark appeared. A harmonica and a bindle forming and 'X'. Freddie knew it was his fate to wander all of Equestria, learn of ponies' stories and troubles, and tell them to others through his Harp. This revelation made Freddie happier than he had ever been.

Freddie informed his parents of his plan. They were disaffected, almost relieved it seemed. Freddie gathered up the most important of his belongings: his harp, a picture of him and his parents, and a few other things. He took the picture because they were his parents after all, he did love them even if they didn't care about him. With the help of a few friends Freddie was lowered ever so slowly to the ground of Equestria. Freddie had to be blind-folded through the entire trip because he was terrified of falling again. Once his friends had set him on the ground he said his farewells and was on his way.

Freddie set out on the longest adventure of his life. He would travel from place to place, the west to the east and all the lands in between. He would find work where and when he could. Always asking ponies and creatures alike about their stories, he walked across the countryside. As he traveled he played his harp consistently, his skill increasing with each passing year. He was greeted as a minstrel in some towns and others had no idea who he was. He was fine with this, after all he wasn't in it for the fame or the money but rather the experience. Along the way Freddie was introduced the the wonders of tea. The simple act of making tea is a wonderful adventure in its self, not to mention the flavor. Also people seemed to loosen up and tell their stories more freely after a cup of tea. He was not the best tea maker in all of Equestria by any stretch of the imagination but he did come up with some interesting recipes during his travels.

As the last chapter of Freddie's life was drawing ever closer he began to feel the need for a place he could at least call home and come back to occasionally. He decided to settle on the outskirts of Ponyville. He figured that with all the goings on around Ponyville it was a good a place as any to put down roots. Every day he walks around Ponyville introducing himself to anypony that he does not yet know. He currently holds a job in the local Tea Shoppe. Freddie finds it to be a good way to make money and meet people at the same time. He has yet to find a person to pass his Harp on to but that does not stop him from playing the blues every night outside his house before he goes to bed. He welcomes anypony to come and listen to him play.

Freddie is a very Jolly and happy pony. His wings may be disheveled but the Sliver slowly creeping in on the edges of his coat makes him look a bit more "distinguished" as he likes to put it. He loves telling stories to anypony who wants to know. He is an open book. He does still travel occasionally but he always returns to Ponyville.

This is when the story of Mister Freddie Freewings' past ends and the story of his present is unfolding...

In the future, please make sure all new applications go in the Applications folder first. Accepted Applications is where applications that have been officially accepted are placed before they get moved into their proper folders. :lol:

I like this character, the only issue I have is with how he got back down from Cloudsdale after waking up in the Infirmary. I assume he was returned to earth somehow by other pegasus ponies.

The only other thing that concerns me is the disturbing increase of gimpy-winged pegasi lately. Maybe something in the water? :P Going to Approve this anyway but do please consider the refinements. Approved!

Thank you for the input! I actually asked the chat room about the fact that the pony I was creating had wing issues, at first he was only going to have one bad wing, but after I read some of the other applications I got fairly nervous because I saw at least two other ponies that had bad wings. I decided to go the route instead of a a traumatic event making his wings bad that he was born with them defective and the event just added to the fact that they didn't work. *smiles* I was going to scrap him because of the similarity but the ponies in the chat told me to stop worrying ^.^ I did put that Freddie was lowered down to Equestria by his friends but that was a bit vague I will admit. If you wish I will go back and make that more clear.

-----

Avoiding double posts. I edited the part where his friends lower him to the ground to make it a bot more clear! Thanks for the heads up that I wasn't as clear as should have been!