Quick Kisses (speed dating RP) [See first post to join]

[sTART OOC]

This is Game One of a speed dating RP. It's full, but to join the next game or talk OOC, visit this thread:

Those in this game have until July 6th at midnight to post an intro post, or they'll be dropped. Once everyone's posted, I'll give out the first pairs, and the fun can begin!

[END OOC]

Quick Kisses, a soft beige earth pony with wavy red hair, unlocked the door to the room she'd rented and peeked her head in. Quite clean, and the seat cushions were red velvet. Comfy. It paid to be friends with the owner of Sweet Dreams Cafe - she'd been able to rent the back room for a song, and even convinced him to let her cat stay with her as well, even though it was strictly speaking illegal for Chocolate Drop to be in a restaurant.

She walked her way in, talking to Chocolate Drop, who was sprawled lazily across her shoulders. "This is it, munchkin, this is really it! We finally did it!" she squealed. "A room, a beautiful sign," she set a sign saying 'Quick Kisses Speed Dating' outside the door, "and twelve ponies on their way!"

Chocolate Drop allowed himself to be squeezed tightly and smooched, then released. Kiss (as she preferred to be called) moved tables and cushions until she had one table with twelve seats around it, and one at the head where she sat her flank down and pulled out a folder with all the applications she'd gotten from the ponies who were about to join her.

Kiss couldn't hold back a giggle of excitement. "Now all we have to do is wait for them all to arrive!"

(OOC:I understand that she is posting from her phone at the moment, so I think she might of accidentally made a double post. Or in this case, quadruple post. I'm sure an admin will take care of it soon)

Nien was a bit worried about finding the place and getting the wrong address. She had already knocked on a wrong door once in her life, and she did want to repeat that mistake again. 'being scared is one thing, but calling the police claiming that a "bloodthirsty, savage, monster" is on the loose is just plain insulting' she thought as recalled the horrific ordeal. Luckily for her, there was a sign announcing the place for all to see. She wasn't wearing much, just a velvet scarf. Dating a giant spider is already a bit off putting, so a giant spider in a dress would only make it seem more exaggerated. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

String Heart grumbled, his guitar across his back as here looked around for his destination. "this is humiliating" he said to himself. The green earth pony's friends had signed him up for this event against his will. It seemed they thought he need to get out more and interact with more ponies, preferably single ponies. Alas, the former traveling musician was more akin to the life of a wandering bachelor, his only social skills involved making friends...and enemies. He enjoyed finding a place to be alone and play his music, but his friends seemed to believe he need more in his life. Who was he to turn them down? they told him they paid good money for this, so he hand to go.

The Lime colored Earth Pony known as Mojo grumbled to herself as she turned the corner to the street that the Speed Dating place was supposed to be at, why did her brother sign her up for this? It's not like she would meet anypony remotely interesting!

"Stupid Gumbo and his stupid ideas, why, who does he think he is? Telling me I need to get a date? I've never seen HIM with somepony before!" She mumbled. Seriously! If anypony needed a girl/boyfriend, it would be him!

She stopped her internal rant as she bumped into something that felt...different, "Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was goi-SWEET SPIRITS!" She jumped a few feet off the ground as she saw who she had bumped into, she didn't think there would be any of those spiders in the city!

"Oh, I'm sorry! I just wasn't expecting...you!" She tried to apologize, making appropriate hoof movements towards the Spider...lady?

This is insane Draco thought to himself... speed dating.. as if anypony would date somepony that looked like himself... or thats what Draco despite the fact he was a perfectly fine looking pegasus .. some might even call him handsome ... but Draco didn't think so.. as he slipped in quietly into the cafe... past the spider into the place.

Nien has been here before. 'well, this one didn't immediately run away screaming, that's a step up from the usual scenario' she thought. She turned around to greet this clumsy pony. "Nothing to worry about sweetie, a simple mistake that could happen to any pony" she said cheerfully. She stuck out her right palp for a hoofshake. "My name is Nien, I take it your hear for the speed dating service as well?"

Edit(ooc: incase you don't know what a spider palp is, I suggest you google it)

((OOC repost from other thread: Geez guys, I'm sorry. My internet sputtered and died last night right before I went to bed. Hopefully everything has been sorted out, I've reported the duplicate threads.))

As Kiss waited, bouncing up and down in excitement, suddenly there came a knock on the door. Chocolate Drop skittishly ran behind one of the tables in the back, and Kiss squealed again. "Our first arrivals!"

She put on a welcoming face, took a deep breath, and opened the door. "Welcome!" she said brightly. "I'm Quick Kisses, your host for the evening. Please come in and take a seat!"

Two ponies slipped past her into the cafe and found cushions. Two were still outside, one talking to-- "You must be Nien," she said with a huge grin to the pony-sized black widow. "I can't tell you how excited we are to have you. Please, come in!"

At the mention of her name, Nien redirected her attention to the now open door. "Ahhh, you must be our hostess for the evening. I would like to thank you in the flesh for welcoming someone of my peculiar standing with such open arms" she replied with a small curtsey. She turned her head to the pony who had just bumped into her, "Lets not keep them waiting now, hmm?" With that, she made her way into the establishment.

"N... Nervous,,, Why would I be n-n-nervous? I'm gonna walk in and have a great time! Yeah! That's right, Big brother said Ponyville'd be a great place to learn to interact with other ponies, I'm sure a speed dating club won't be so bad!"

Stagefright was talking to herself again, as she trotted closer to the address. The young mare was relatively new to the city of ponyville and was here simply on the request of a vacation her brother gave her. The first day she stepped hoof into the place she was immediatly barraged with balloons, streamers, and cake from an unknown yet concerningly adorable Pink creature. The whole town of Ponyville was oddly casual for her, being a resident of Canterlot. How could she know any better?

Upon reaching the building where she was intended and expected to be at. She noticed an oddly large amount of ponies making there way inside. So she quickly scapered to the entrance, and slipped inside. The door swinging shut behind her, and the Quick kisses Sign still audibly swinging from the inside, ending it's movement with a light "Thump".

She took it all in, she quickly observed that a the moment, the mares and the Stallions seemed to be lightly conversing at the moment. However it was apparant that soon enough, the two sexes would be separated alongside tables. She looked around to observe her competition and her possible choices. Several looked appealing, others looked like Hoofbags, and one was a spider. Oddly enough, the large arachnid didn't bother her as much as she did others. Back in Canterlot she'd often play with spiders backstage during boring parts of one her brothers big shows. This one was just giant, intelligent, and apparently quite open minded. Stagefright gave a small shrug and took a seat. Resolving herself to clean her glasses before she actually got to do some really in-depth observation.

Lore Weaver approached the Sweet Dreams Cafe. Up until this point his life was going according to plan. He moved to Ponyville, opened his bookstore, and met some friends. Yet through that all he felt like something was missing. Being that he was busy with the store and moving, he wasn't able to explore it further intil now. He realized that he was missing a female companion, a special somepony in his life. As luck should have it, he found a flier about speed dating which brought him here.

"Here goes hopefully something," Lore said as he entered the room where the speed dating was to be held.

He saw some stallions, a few mares, and a spider? Lore wondered if this was a good idea or not.

Sweet Melody walked to the Sweet Dreams Cafe with her violin on her back as always. When she aproached the door she gave a light knock and pulled out her violin to inspect it while she waited. I wonder what awaits beyond the door it make me so excited.

"Welcome, welcome, please take a seat," Quick Kisses said to the shy mare and apprehensive-looking stallion that had just walked in. "I'm Quick Kisses, but you can call me Kiss." The door swung shut behind them, and a minute later came another knock. She opened it to see a mare carrying a violin. "Welcome," she said again, getting a little tired of repeating herself. "I'm Quick Kisses. You can sit down at that table over there, mares on one side, stallions on the other."

"Here we are, Sestant," the orange seapony said. He was sitting comfortably in what appeared to be some kind of wheelbarrow full of water, which was being pushed along by a grinning green earth pony.

"You sure you'll be okay without me in there, Flare?"

"Of course," Flare said dismissively. "How am I supposed to impress all the beautiful mares with my handsome visage and sparkling wit with an ugly mug like yours hanging around behind me?"

"Well, if you feel you can't handle the competition, I'll be back at 8 to pick you up and wheel you home, Casaneighva," the earth pony replied smugly, opening the door and pushing him in. Nearly everybody appeared to be here already, and they saw the mare who must be the host standing next to a... giant spider? Flare jumped when he saw her.

"Looks like you're not the only weirdo here," muttered Sestant.

"Shut up," muttered Flare. Sestant wheeled him over to the table and threw a cushion to the side to make room, earning a glare from the hostess.

"I'll see you at 8, have fun," Sestant said, and left. Flare settled into his wheelbarrow and waited for the night to start.

Kiss smiled at the new arrival. "You must be Flare, welcome. Let me know if there's anything you need." She did a quick head count. Still waiting for three ponies, she thought.

String Heart had quickly made his way inside, "might as well get this over with i guess" he thought to himself, but the musical pony also didn't want to be late. he glanced at his surroundings, finding all the mare attractive enough that personality would determine how the night would go. Super hot with a horrid personality, ugly as an old boot with a great personality, or average with a good personality. the third option would be the best choice, the second would make a good friend, and the third would be some one he'd spend the night with before moving on to the next town. But String Hearts days of blowing from town to town where over and he guessed a relationship would keep it that way. He sighed and decided to find a seat and wait for the festivities to begin.

Melody smiled sweetly at the earth pony then noticed the seapony approaching in a wheelbarrel. She then walked inside and observed her surrounds not to mention all the lovely guests who were already seated. She took her seat and went back to inspecting her violin.

Mojo looked up at the Spider Lady with a smile, meh, she'd seen weirder,"Yeah, my name's Mojo by the way! Let's go in.." And with that, she entered the fairly...clean building, parting ways with the spider. It was nice and all, it just was too...frilly for her liking, with the fluffy seats and such. She expected the table to separate the two sexes though.

Deciding that she had better things to do then criticize the place, she took a seat next to some mare with a violin and began looking around the room to see what kind of ponies were here,Let's see...: Nice Spider lady she had already met, the violin playing mare she was sitting next, a guitar-playing stallion, a bookish looking fella, a mysterious cloaked looking....Pegasus{?}, and a mare that looked very nervous.....wait a minute....is that a Sea Pony?

"Well! This will be a fun day!" She laughed to the Cloaked stallion and put her hind legs onto the table and her front legs behind her neck, a good, comfortable position.

(ooc: Who's yet to come twinkiepinkie?)

Nien noticed the cloaked pony sitting diagonally across from her starting to slightly hyperventilate. 'oh dear this won't do, everyone here is supposed to be having fun', she thought. She leaned over and softly said to him, "Easy there dearie, no need to get all worked up. I guess I can't call myself a dating expert, but I know for a fact that any social situation is much more enjoyable when you loosen up, be yourself, and don't pay too much heed to what others think of you. As a giant spider, I have a lot of experience for that last bit of advice" She gave him a comforting wink with one of her eight eyes as she said that last part.

Heidi burst through the doors, noticeably the only griffin in the room. The room was very quiet, and her arrival was very loud. She shuffled in, apologising over and over.

"I'm so sorry, I got caught up at work!" She sputtered, taking the nearest seat.