New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

Yeah, that's why I made sure to preorder. I know my store had, including my six, twenty copies preordered and he had nothing on the shelves. He said a few came in later looking for it and he had to tell them to come again after the second printing.

I just hope that regular people (like children and adults) are getting a chance to buy the comic too, instead of having the bronies horde the entire stock of Issue #1. :P

Heh. And here I am wondering what I am going to do with the 3 copies I have left over after I keep one, give one to a 6 year old, and give one to my sister. Maybe I'll make a thread and roll dice among people who missed out and three winners will get one. Are people interested in that? Note that by the time they arrive, I might only have 1-2 copies unspoken for.

Yeah, that's why I made sure to preorder. I know my store had, including my six, twenty copies preordered and he had nothing on the shelves. He said a few came in later looking for it and he had to tell them to come again after the second printing.

I DID preorder. That's why I'm annoyed. LoC basically got a message from their suppliers saying that they didn't have enough to go around.

No, for the most part we have hoarded it all. :razz: Then again, few otherwise even knew it was a thing.

And most of the others will never know it's a thing unless we leave some comics for them, bwahahaha. :lol:

At this point if you can't find it, you're likely SOL. There is a second printing in December. Preorder through your local comic shop. Or get an iTunes and DL it there.

Hey SteelEagle! Thanks for the tip on iTunes. I just hope I can put it on my tablet.

I got the subscription cover. *sobs* but the logo is sparkly.

Some of the references in the background are cracking me up! So MAD magazine esque!

The Ferrari pony, two ponies who are obviously supposed to be caricatures of writers for DC and Marvel, g1 firefly, MISTER YUK, to serve ponies, OJ SIMPSON's account of his murder trial, Secretariat comet, Rainbow Dash quoting The Thing, Sibsy's OC, Applejack's exp<b></b>ression when she confirms that it's the CMCs, and the one changeling bopping the other one disguised as Derpy to make her eyes all wonky.

My favorite thing though: Dash telling Rarity to pretend that it's last year's fashion and her response. Then AJ referencing parachute pants and shoulder pads.

There's a green character with a paw mark, and another in a kerchief I can't place though.

SQUEEEEEEEE

I got the subscription cover. *sobs* but the logo is sparkly.

Some of the references in the background are cracking me up! So MAD magazine esque!

My favorite was the Donald Sutherland Invasion of the Body Snatchers pony!

For those of you who do not know, one of the freaking horror/sci-fi endings ever done:

Finally got my copy...

So good! Seriously, I was hyped from all the reviews I read, but it did not disappoint. The art was amazing and the characters were just written perfectly and all got a chance to shine. Loved it and so very eager for the second issue. :D

Can't wait to see more Chrysalis; wonder what the Changeling Kingdom is gonna be like. :)

Also, that seemed to be some pretty impressive offensive magic Rarity could manage when given the right trigger to unload. I might have to remember that for RP threads. ;)

My favorite was the Donald Sutherland Invasion of the Body Snatchers pony!

For those of you who do not know, one of the freaking horror/sci-fi endings ever done:

And now in 3D!

wnpxg.jpg

Finally got my book today. Love it. Nice to see even an Changeling can be cute when needed..And loved the bit with the Derpy clone.

yayderp.png

2.jpg

Wheee.

Also, I half-flanked stitching the covers sans title together because why not?

8252384425_3857ac436e_c.jpg

Some interviews:

a wonderful interview from Comic Geek Speak

[colour=#000000]The creative team behind My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #1, writer Katie Cook and artist Andy Price, join us in this episode.We discuss the public's (occasionally extreme) reaction to the book, getting kids into comics, the perils and pitfalls of Disneyland and more. (1:13:15)[/colour]

And an interview with Katie Cook @ redheaded Mule

[colour=#000000]I hate to day it, but upon my 3rd time reading it, I might actually enjoy it more than the show.[/colour]

Seems like the issues warrant their own discussion threads. It would be nice to not have to spoiler everything of note...

Why were the changelings so ineffective in hiding? The eyes and mannerisms were so far wrong that it is like they were asking to be found out.