New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like we'll be getting multiple covers..And a collection of said covers...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/18/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-and-so-are-multiple-covers/

They even got Jill Thompson (Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Scary Godmother, Beasts Of Burden, Fables, etc) to do one of the covers! I love her stuff!

• Like 1

I like what I see so far. I hope Comixology will carry them so I can buy and read them on-line.

I wonder if these stories will be canon or like the Adventure Time comic have their own continuity after a certain point for freedom of storytelling. There are definite good points and bad points to either approach.

I went in this weekend and started a hold/order for it at our local comic shop. So they're going to be looking for it, order it and let me know when it's in. Sometimes small local shops are nice. The one I went to in our local "big city" wasn't nearly as good with the customer service.

Oh, wow. The covers are looking great. :)

I usually buy my comics digital, but for these I might have to see if I can't find a way to get my hands on the print copies...

Looks like we'll be getting multiple covers..And a collection of said covers...

Pfft.... a transparent scheme to get comic geeks to pony up even more money, hehehe. I do approve of the covers so far, though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh...And from what I've heard..The one cover I really want (Jill Thompson) is supposed to be the super rare one....And it would be cool to see other well known comic pros do covers to stories for later issues..Imagine...a MLP story done by Alan Moore...With art by Frank Miller...

Ugh...And from what I've heard..The one cover I really want (Jill Thompson) is supposed to be the super rare one....And it would be cool to see other well known comic pros do covers to stories for later issues..Imagine...a MLP story done by Alan Moore...With art by Frank Miller...

They seem to have the Jill Thompson cover for order here (you may have to add it to a subscription list or something).

Also, I'm not so sure about that combination. Not sure those two would work together. Also not entirely sure I would want dark, hyper stylized Frank Miller ponies (and certainly don't let him write it).

I actually am happy with what we got. I've seen interviews with Price and Cook and they both seem enthusiastic about the series and really get it. I personally think that's far more important in coming up with a good comic than them being particular notable in the comics world.

Would definitely love to see more famous artists called in to do covers though. :)