New Official Friendship is Magic Comic Series

Yes! This is going to be amazing.

So we get Chrysalis' return in the comic then? Not only is she returning, but we get to see the "Chrysalis Kingdom" where evidently the ponies will have friends? This is already sounding so very awesome.

Issue 2 covers don't quite look as amazing as Issue one though. :/

Sweet!

I never had the pleasure of getting into that many comics, but it's about time I do!

*Pinkie Pie voice*

'Please come to England....Please come to England.....' :smirk:

I just walked by a comic book store down town, so once FiM comics are release, I really do hope they sell it! :kissy:

Covers are made by different artists I think. The inside of the comics are all drawn by Andy Price though.

Yep. Which is good, since I love all of Price's pony art I've seen. :)

Still, a good cover on a comic is nice to have if we can get it. ;)

Yeah, she'd do an awesome cover...Love to see other Pony artists like Mad Maxx or that one guy...Brian Blueberry? Strawberry? He'd do a good cover. :kissy:

Or even some non-pony artists like Alex Ross...Or Rob Liefeld (I'm kidding! Put down the weaponry!)

Sweet!

I never had the pleasure of getting into that many comics, but it's about time I do!

I just walked by a comic book store down town, so once FiM comics are release, I really do hope they sell it! :kissy:

Go ask. Go preorder!

Yeah, the cool thing about pre-ordering at your local funny books store, as when they do, they tend to get more than a few copies of books they normally would not carry..Which means more pony-love for others.

I do like the cover for issue #2

mylittleponyfriendshipib.jpg

I do love zappy-Twilight and slightly drunk, but lovey-dovey Fluttershy...And those spiders are kind of cute.. :-|

In ye olden days of ancient lore, when I had money to spend on funny books, I would visit my local comic shoppe, and there you can set up a pull list. My shop would provide me with free copies of PREVIEW (Which was a giant phone bookish catalog of upcoming comics) and a form, that I would fill out basically asking what comics (or figures, or anything else) that I would like pulled aside for me when the new books arrived, so when I made my twice monthly visit, they would be waiting for me. My store gave out discounts to those who subscribed...

If you're just looking to snag FIM, I would just get it online..Which I'm doing. There are links provided above..I'll probably get the box set for issue #1.

How does one go about ordering from a comic shop?

SteelEagle's Guide to Pre-Ordering from a Comic Shop:

1- Disregard phones. You want to show up in person to make sure they have your voice burned into their memory.

2- Get dressed. While going naked may help them remember you, pony money would go towards a fine and there is a possibility of jail time.

3- Get there. You may use a motor vehicle or a bus, but should these solutions prove futile, a friend(who is someone who is kind to you and may wish to do things with you) could take you. Failing that, you may walk.

4- Open the door. This is actually a multi-step process, but you need to ensure that the comic store is open. Many will have hours posted, but some want to confuse ray you and won't. Either way, try opening the door.

5- Punch someone in the face. Establish dominance.

6- Talk. After establishing your supremacy, talk to an employee about pre-orders. After they are done cowering in fear from your earlier attacks, punch them. Keep them under your heel at all times lest they think to mock you.

7- Order. Tell them you want the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic book and you wish to pre-order it. If they make eye contact, punch them. They will do a magical dance and will soon ask for your money to pay for it. This is an important step: Do not punch them for trying to steal for you. Hand over the requested amount!

8- Leave. Remind them that you'll be back to eat all their cupcakes in a threatening tone as you glare at the field of broken bodies that you have left in your wake.

Congratulations, you have now pre-ordered the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic book!

• Like 5

Well, the box set has the 'Mane 6' covers, which has each of the mane characters on their own covers. Then they have two subscription covers..One by Jill Thompson and one by another artist. Unless you're wanna collect 'em all, you could just get the book from the last link you listed...

Well, you can either buy them online..From the sites we have listed...Or if you go to a comic store, just request box the box set and the two separate subscriber issues if you can get 'em. I'll probably just get the Jill Thompson cover issue that Phil linked to...

Interesting quote from http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/118158-cincinnati-comic-expo-interview-katie-cook.html:

Everyone is expecting this comic book to fail. The people who hate MLP view this as a cash grab (really, what comic isn’t?) and fans of the show think it will “suck and only be for little girls.” We want to make a comic that we are proud of that respects the show. This is all very strange because I have been told by multiple shops that MLP #1 is the most requested pre-order they have had in a long time.

HOLY COW! :o

• Like 2

Heh. The last time I was at a funny book store, I got stuck behind an angry parent and her kid..."What do you mean, you'll only give us that much for our Pokemon cards? I heard they're worth TONS!" :x

I got a magazine right here that says Charizard is worth 200 bucks alone and I don't care that nobody will pay that much for it.