Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

EqD released some new Season 3 info: confirmed is a new song starring Twilight/Spike ( Link now included).

Another thing now confirmed is a mane six song - it seems to concern "Crystal ponies" and confirms Cadence's return.

Moreover, they've been hinted/confirmed the following stuff:

-Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "There will most likely be great and powerfulness" after someone asked if she would be returning.

-There was a great section about Derpy. Someone asked if she would be receiving anymore speaking roles, and the response basically said Hasbro loves Derpy, they have her everywhere now, but she probably wont be able to roll with anything other than background shots.

-Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity.

-Dash not confirmed or denied for filly-fooling

-They hyped Luna up, so we will probably be seeing more of her.

New song

Comic-con Panel

July 15 update: An image of a new character has surfaced from Hasbro's micro-site for the Wedding. He may or may not actually appear in the show, though it is likely.

q2q7c3.png

Update July 16: Shout Factory's listed a new DVD for sale December 4, 2012: "Adventures in the Crystal Kingdom".

1.jpg

Update July 20: New info from EqD. Shining Armor and Cadance lead the Crystal Empire.

Update July 26: Season 3 confirmed to be only 13 episodes.

Update August 11: Possible Season 3 preview images.

Update September 10: New synopsis.

• Like 3

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- was just on my way to post this!

Anyway, Twilight and spike song is awesome news! I'm still hoping for my Celestia/Luna duet though.

However....

- An Octavia/Rarity duet

WAT.

I mean really, Octavia and Rarity? Don't get me wrong, if Octavia gets some characterisation and stuff beforehand I'm sure it can work but... that just seems so... well, blantantly pandering to the brony crowd, which they said they weren't going to do :/

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- was just on my way to post this!

Anyway, Twilight and spike song is awesome news! I'm still hoping for my Celestia/Luna duet though.

However....

WAT.

I mean really, Octavia and Rarity? Don't get me wrong, if Octavia gets some characterisation and stuff beforehand I'm sure it can work but... that just seems so... well, blantantly pandering to the brony crowd, which they said they weren't going to do :/

Blatant pandering would be an Octavia/DJ-Pon3 duet. Here I'm guessing it might be an episode where Rarity goes to Canterlot for some reason, and Octavia will play as a support character like Braeburn or Zecora with some development for the episode.

Anyway, embed with the Twi/Spike song added.

I wonder if the test that Twilight is going to face is the Kobyashi Maru?

Then again every Captain has to deal with a no win scenario sometime.

Its either that or the Spanish Inquisition as she wasnt expecting this, and as you know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

Of course, the Kobayashi Maru! Next, Twilight would try and alter the test to make it indeed possible, mirroring Captain Kirk's own actions. But she'll probably get caught, of course.

Perhaps, though it does help plus the charm I am talking about is a different kind of charm then the one you are thinking of...

You know, Kirks special talent?

The one if he was a pony and had a cutie mark that would have to be censored?

Yes, that charm :D

Hm, yes... I wasn't thinking about that type of charm, but there's that type too...

Well, dropping the Kobayashi Maru scenario, any theories on what is happening in that episode? She's in Canterlot, but what test did she fail? It might be a school entrance examination, but that would mean leaving Ponyville and her friends...

I believe it was a friendship test. She thought she had learned EVERYTHING there was to friendship, then crashed and burned. Then was forced to move back to Canterlot, hence why this scene takes place in Canterlot, it's rather obvious

My god Skyrim set the record for most hype in 2011

1 year later MY LITTLE FREAKING PONY BEATS

pre2010: If I knew that was the future I would've killed myself to stop myself from living in an insane world ( wait a minute, oh yeah, healing factor)

post 2010: I celebrate the glory of FiM

-Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "There will most likely be great and powerfulness" after someone asked if she would be returning.

Nice... but I want Gilda to return more....

-There was a great section about Derpy. Someone asked if she would be receiving anymore speaking roles, and the response basically said Hasbro loves Derpy, they have her everywhere now, but she probably wont be able to roll with anything other than background shots.

Sadly, I feared as much. Ah, well. Background shots can be fun still. ;)

-Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity.

Oh? That sounds exciting. Anything involving Rarity singing is amazing. :)

-Dash not confirmed or denied for Filly Fooling

Good. :smirk:

-They hyped Luna up, so we will probably be seeing more of her.

Nice. I'd love to see more of Luna. Hopefully she'll interact with his sister at some point. Would love if they had a song together.

-New song starring Twilight/Spike:

That was pretty cute. I'd actually be interested to hear a song with a bigger singing part for Spike.