Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Well she did mention levitation in the song so maybe it was a magic test?

I think she was saying how easy it was for her to do levitation. You saw her repeated teleports in the song, her magic talent is indisputable. Her mind is also very sharp, as shown by that impressive recital of that obscure square root. Honestly, I'm not sure what test she could fail...

Interesting thought, but would Twilight really fail a friendship test? I mean, she's been writing those letters to Celestia for a long while...

A reason for someone to get arrogant. Twilight had thought she had learned EVERYTHING about Friendship, then was asked questions about things she didn't learn, thus an explanation for "I wasn't prepared".

Think about it, despite all the friendship lessons learned so far, HOW MANY fanfictions are there that include lessons she hasn't learned.

I think it's a friendship test. My thinking is this... She is going to treat the friendship test like any other test on magic or other subjects, but friendship is inherently different. So in treating it the same and having all the information on friendship she missed the entire point of learning about friendship and fails as a result.

And that would be a nice opportunity for a lesson.

• Like 2

apparently one of the lines in the song is "Will I fail or will I pass, I can't be sure."

so we have been looking at this wrong, she hasn't FAILED a test. She is ABOUT TO TAKE a test.

Could be post-test pre-results. I've thought I failed a test several times right after taking it. Also Daniel Ingram said it's working title was "the failure song" on twitter.

Now, assuming that Celestia is giving the friendship test to see if Twilight has in fact been doing her job (I think Celestia wouldn't need to even have her take a test, in my opinion), then how do you think Celestia will react if Twilight fails?

Trollestia, duh, she seems to HAVE Twilights future planned out, I'd expect no different from this

Now, assuming that Celestia is giving the friendship test to see if Twilight has in fact been doing her job (I think Celestia wouldn't need to even have her take a test, in my opinion), then how do you think Celestia will react if Twilight fails?

I still stand by my theory that if twilight does fail she was meant to fail as a part of a larger lesson.

After all, it is in our failures that we learn the most.

Oh, wow... the leaked song from earlier caused a stir... but I just checked EqD and they had put up another leaked song. This one is... very interesting. If you don't like spoilers, don't watch it:

My immediate reactions:

Cadance is coming back, apparently her magic is in danger or something and it has something to do with some race/group of ponies called Crystal Ponies? Wow. Suddenly so curious how this is going to work in context. :-|

Guessing it's from the season opener.

Edit:

Also, the earlier song is now available in much higher quality:

1:36 in the video:

"Gah! Twilight!? Did you fail!?"

This would imply that she had already completed the test, no?

She says "Will I fail, or will I pass." meaning the "Test" hasn't been graded yet. However, like I said earlier. Spiek asked IF she failed, meaning she had to of completed it.

She also says "on Friendship's bliss, but I wasn't prepared for this!" which tells me the test ALSO was not about friendship. Because she mentioned friendship, and that levitation would have been a breeze. Something tells me it's something none of us are expecting..

Just na observation! ^^;

I'm going to stop looking at this stuff... All this speculation is going to drive me batty. More so than twilight during lesson zero or pinkie during a party of one!

I got my hype, now I'm done.

I liked the songs, knowing that they are minor songs(1 minute and like 30 seconds, compared to major songs that are often 3 minutes plus) and that William's sound effects and score is missing. Context for the first song would be wonderful.

Regardless, the animation is fantastic.

You know, I was just thinking. What if these two songs are from the same episode? I mean, I don't see any immediate correlation, but it could be. Maybe they're doing a musical two part opener that's just packed full of songs. Neither is a big episode centerpiece song like Smile, Flim Flam Brothers or WWU and it might explain why they're being so loose with these.

Just some speculation. :blush:

All I know for sure is that I love both songs and I'm more pumped for ponies season 3 than I have been since the end of season 2 (seriously, it's almost unfair; we had our BronyCon the other day but all the amazing cool pony stuff was saved for Comic Con). I don't even know what they mean and I already I keep listening to them, which is always a good sign (the awesome animation keeps bringing me back too though; seriously, the wind in Twilight's mane in the first one and ponies bobbing around in the second; so awesome :kissy:). I really want to learn about the Crystal Empire, what's happening to it and how it all relates to Cadance.

Also, ponies jousting with each other is now canon, which is pretty awesome since I know we have pony jousters in the RP. :D

-Dash not confirmed or denied for Filly Fooling

I don't know why people keep asking that; it will never ever be addressed in the show, and there was the whole bit about Faust not liking people stereotyping tomboy types as "filly fooling" anyway.