Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

Why do I get the feeling the Crystal Empire is like Atlantis?

If that's the case and Cadence is from there, no wondeer her magic is failing.

• Like 1

A new character has been hinted at through Hasbro's micro-site for Royal Wedding stuff (Specifically, from the Library's quiz. Said character may or may not actually appear in the show, although given the unorthodox design it appears to be likely.

q2q7c3.png

Yeah. Looks like we have our new villain for the opener. :|

Kinda cool design. I'll be curious to learn more about him. Hopefully he's a cool character.

• Like 1

I can't say I'm impressed with how the bust of that new character looks. It looks almost like it got vomited right out of the pony creator to me. In my humble opinion, of course.

As for the line about Cadence's magic fading: Maybe it's not Cadence's magic specifically -- maybe she's trying to uphold some sort of spell that's tied to the Crystal Empire or something.

S3 can't get here soon enough!

• Like 1

Nice find, Whitehawke!

I like the slight bent in his horn and the smoldry eyes :)

Anyway, not to be negative, but doesn't that metallic effect kinda look "wrong"? Like, I can't remember them ever doing metal like that, but I can't quite confirm that.

It's nice to actually see an evil pony for a change.

Trixie wasn't evil in my book, just annoying. Same with the Flim Flam Brothers. And Nightmare Moon was kind of a special case.

But there was never a Big Bad that was a pony.

Trixie is likely to return? I can take or leave a lot of the fanon but this fills me with gladness. Pointy hats and capes all round! :shifty:

Also more Luna? Huzzah!

Also more ponies is always good can't wait to see how their delightful civilisation continues.

Trixie is likely to return? I can take or leave a lot of the fanon but this fills me with gladness. Pointy hats and capes all round! :shifty:

Also more Luna? Huzzah!

Also more ponies is always good can't wait to see how their delightful civilisation continues.

Yeah all this new information is awesome more Luna and more Trixie woohoo

Hopefully he'll look a little less 'ORIGINAL OC MINE! NO STEAL PHEASE!' and more awesome in the show. I'd love to see a baddie that can't be defeated by the end of his or her's episode. Someone there the good guy's actually fear..

Hopefully he'll look a little less 'ORIGINAL OC MINE! NO STEAL PHEASE!' and more awesome in the show. I'd love to see a baddie that can't be defeated by the end of his or her's episode. Someone there the good guy's actually fear..

What new villain is everyone talking about? :unsure:

Go back a page and look at Phil's post. Some clever ponies found the file while going through The Hub's new pony page. Just like how someone found DJ Pon-3's true eye color before it appeared on show.

but the problem I have with this villain is that from what I see he has the same problem as Chrysalis, he is not really demonic, he looks like an evil dictator PRETENDING to be demonic, , I miss demonic villains like Discord and Nightmare Moon, with the lack of violence and explosions in the show, it really makes up for it with interesting plot, something that demonic villains really contributed to, thats why I just wish they would hurry up and get started on a canonical Devil May Cry crossover, with DMC1 Dante as the protagonist along with the mane 6

but the problem I have with this villain is that from what I see he has the same problem as Chrysalis, he is not really demonic, he looks like an evil dictator PRETENDING to be demonic, , I miss demonic villains like Discord and Nightmare Moon, with the lack of violence and explosions in the show, it really makes up for it with interesting plot, something that demonic villains really contributed to, thats why I just wish they would hurry up and get started on a canonical Devil May Cry crossover, with DMC1 Dante as the protagonist along with the mane 6

Oh well maybe he will be awesome regardless like all the other main and minor villains.

Oh well maybe he will be awesome regardless like all the other main and minor villains.

Yeah I know, but alot of Season 2 dissapointed me (After we got a villain as awesome as Discord, I was really looking forward to what the writers had in store), first, as awesome as Flim and Flam were, their episode just felt like Boastful Busters 2, not to mention, Flim and Flam were driven to make their cider bad because Twilight made that cheap "Honorary Family members" move, had she not done that, Flim and Flam would've won while at the same time using decent cider that was just as good as the Apple families, while we are on the subject need I remind you basically Flim and Flam's whole careers probably got ruined by that, I mean the Apple Family would've lost their farm, but at least they would be able to buy a new one because they probably would pack the gazillions of dollars earned from the time they had the farm, Flim and Flam probably went completely bankrupt.

This is the same problem I had with Chrysalis( well this, and the fact that she looked like Ridley Scott's rejected daughter) sure she was using evil methods, but had she not, her entire hive would've died of starvation, which is probably what happened after the Royal Wedding.

It just seemed the methods for getting rid of these villains were worse than what the villains actually did. Normally when the hero kills a villain, its because the villain has taken thousands of lives, not because the villain tried to take thousands of lives

Yeah I know, but alot of Season 2 dissapointed me (After we got a villain as awesome as Discord, I was really looking forward to what the writers had in store), first, as awesome as Flim and Flam were, their episode just felt like Boastful Busters 2, not to mention, Flim and Flam were driven to make their cider bad because Twilight made that cheap "Honorary Family members" move, had she not done that, Flim and Flam would've won while at the same time using decent cider that was just as good as the Apple families, while we are on the subject need I remind you basically Flim and Flam's whole careers probably got ruined by that, I mean the Apple Family would've lost their farm, but at least they would be able to buy a new one because they probably would pack the gazillions of dollars earned from the time they had the farm, Flim and Flam probably went completely bankrupt.

This is the same problem I had with Chrysalis( well this, and the fact that she looked like Ridley Scott's rejected daughter) sure she was using evil methods, but had she not, her entire hive would've died of starvation, which is probably what happened after the Royal Wedding.

It just seemed the methods for getting rid of these villains were worse than what the villains actually did. Normally when the hero kills a villain, its because the villain has taken thousands of lives, not because the villain tried to take thousands of lives

Here's my opinions on all villains major and minor.

1. Nightmare Moon great way to start the series, like her alot.

2. Gilda can't stand that griffon she made Fluttershy cry and picked on Pinkie Pie plus I don't like bullies.

3. Trixie hated her at first but now I like her I really hope she returns.

4. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon again I hate bullies.

5. Prince Blueblood he's a jerk and a butthole I hate you.

6. Discord really cool, awesome and funny he reminds me of Joker with magic powers and hypnosis.

7. The Flim Flam Brothers just ok don't hate but don't necessarily like either.

8. Queen Chrysalis favorite villain awesome singing voice, she's a shapeshifter like Mystique and she looks cool plus she's voiced by Kathleen Barr just like Trixie.

Here's my opinions on all villains major and minor.

1. Nightmare Moon great way to start the series, like her alot.

2. Gilda can't stand that griffon she made Fluttershy cry and picked on Pinkie Pie plus I don't like bullies.

3. Trixie hated her at first but now I like her I really hope she returns.

4. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon again I hate bullies.

5. Prince Blueblood he's a jerk and a butthole I hate you.

6. Discord really cool, awesome and funny he reminds me of Joker with magic powers and hypnosis.

7. The Flim Flam Brothers just ok don't hate but don't necessarily like either.

8. Queen Chrysalis favorite villain awesome singing voice, she's a shapeshifter like Mystique and she looks cool plus she's voiced by Kathleen Barr just like Trixie.

Blueblood really wasn't a villain just a jerk, but not intentionally harming anyone.

My problem with Discord was he is a perfect example of how everyone on the show overrreacted to everything.

Basically, he just made everything loopy and crazy, but did he even harm anyone who wasn't, trying to harm him?

There was a simple solution if you look back at things.

Have Discord take an untamed frontier in Equestria and make an amusement park. Really all it seemed he wanted was for ponies to enjoy his way of life. And lets be honest. Discord's creations looked pretty dang fun.

But just because Celestia didn't like Discord, she had him turned to stone.

This is why Celestia is often viewed as a tyrant.

Basically she showed that anyone who opposed HER way of life, would be brutally dealt with.

There was also an easy solution to Flim and Flam.

The Apple family gets a lawyer to negotiate profits.

but instead the end solution was ruin Flim and Flam's career.

These ponies are supposedly living in a better world then us, but if you break the rules of that world, you're dead meat.

Blueblood really wasn't a villain just a jerk, but not intentionally harming anyone.

My problem with Discord was he is a perfect example of how everyone on the show overrreacted to everything.

Basically, he just made everything loopy and crazy, but did he even harm anyone who wasn't, trying to harm him?

There was a simple solution if you look back at things.

Have Discord take an untamed frontier in Equestria and make an amusement park. Really all it seemed he wanted was for ponies to enjoy his way of life. And lets be honest. Discord's creations looked pretty dang fun.

But just because Celestia didn't like Discord, she had him turned to stone.

This is why Celestia is often viewed as a tyrant.

Basically she showed that anyone who opposed HER way of life, would be brutally dealt with.

There was also an easy solution to Flim and Flam.

The Apple family gets a lawyer to negotiate profits.

but instead the end solution was ruin Flim and Flam's career.

These ponies are supposedly living in a better world then us, but if you break the rules of that world, you're dead meat.

Ok you didn't really mention any other major or minor villain on my list but oh well.

I suspect that perhaps Cadence was far too young to take over her Crystal Empire (and after all, at least some of the Crystal ponies probably HAVE been introduced to us via Blind Bags. And someone did have them at Bronycon. I snagged Fluttershy and Electric Sky ) in in the interim some kind of evil, or even just misguided steward has taken over (AKA maybe that stupid looking black unicorn) and the place has become technologically advanced and soulless Twilight's test is basically helping Cadence get re-instated to her rightful place by reminding the subjects of the land who they are, and about magic and fun, and who they used to be before the steward was in charge.

Edit: I found evidence on toy packaging that maybe Celestia and Luna are actually possibly deposing someone from the Crystal Empire and instating Cadence!

T2cup9XfhbXXXXXXXX_74364201.jpg

Edited by flutterscotch
  • Like 1

Although at the moment, I can't seem to find this guy at all on the micro-site. What was the source?

He was found through an "unreleased" quiz. So basically the only way to get to this guy is to source dive the site.

Either that or he's been removed from sight since then.

The original mention from EqD by "Whatisgame":

The Library Within Pony Princess Wedding Castle: Take a quiz, get one of four results. The choices have quite a few fan-favorite characters (including Derpy in less-googly-eyed-but-still-googly-eyed form from the edited version of "The Last Roundup"). Quizzes 2 through 4 haven’t actually been put up yet, but they’re hidden in the files—quizzes 2 and 4 are set to have choices related to "the cultured Crystal Empire" (one of which is set to be a new character who’s presumably from Season 3)!

AHA! Buried in the CSS.

Super easy naming convention too:

http://wedding.mylit...quiz/q2q2c1.png

Quiz #, Question # Choice #. So presumably by changing those parameters we can see EVERYTHING for these quizzes.

So we see a frog we haven't seen before (unless it's from Froggy Bottom Bog and I just missed it), one of the ewes from the Crystal Fair song

q4q2c3.pngq4q2c1.png

So, he appears in quiz #2.

The other choices in line with the black unicorn thing are: Celestia, Zecora, and the leader of the buffalo, so maybe it's a question that deals with leaders, (although Zecora is not a leader that we know of), or species or even wedding officiator?

I am guessing that the question that has him as a choice is "who would you want to officiate your wedding" and because each of the other choices matches up to a place (Zecora in Everfree, Chief in Appleloosa, Celestia in Canterlot), that said character is in charge of the Castle in the Crystal Empire, and would be in a position to do so, like the others.

Question 1 deals with wedding rings.

Question 2 deals with a choice of flower bouquets.

Question 3 deals with wedding cakes.

Question 4 is about entertainment(And stars Vinyl Scratch, Fluttershy and her birds, and both the band that Octavia is in and the one from Luna Eclipsed!)

Question 5 is a bunch of places including Canterlot, Appleoosa, The Crystal Castle and the Everfree Forest.

Question 6 is about beverages

Question 7 is the aforementioned unicorn + characters we already know (who are all on the side of good, mind you)

The results are Canterlot, The Everfree Forest, Appleoosa and....

q2r3.png

Another quiz results in this lovely picture:

q4r1.png

So intrigued!

Also intrigued by the fact that Appleoosa AND Braeburn show up several times in these quizzes. Unless they just needed a distinct locale. In that case, BOO.