Season 3 Information Thread (Spoilers inside)

BTW: I find it extremely unlikely that MLP episodes will become any longer than 30 minutes just because there's only 13 episodes this next season. Standard running times for children's shows simply don't exceed 30 minutes, and I don't think MLP will be an exception to this rule. Besides, extending episode length is actually counterproductive of Hasbro's goal of making MLP suitable for syndication.

Yeah he or she is right I completly agree with him/ her.

I heard from someone that this may actually be a good thing. Aparantly the animators were working themselves ragged to get the episodes finished on time. If there're only 13 episodes per season, it's not only good for them, but we may end up with a higher quality result since the animators can take their time. That's just a theory though.

I heard from someone that this may actually be a good thing. Aparantly the animators were working themselves ragged to get the episodes finished on time. If there're only 13 episodes per season, it's not only good for them, but we may end up with a higher quality result since the animators can take their time. That's just a theory though.

Sounds good to me

It's my understanding that the team is still employed at the studio, which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if they weren't still working on something MLP-related.

As for shorter seasons meaning higher quality, I think I can get behind that. Especially after the general unevenness of season 2.

• Like 1

Don't we have an 30th anniversary coming up? And I wonder what Bonnie Zacherle (The creator of My Little Pony) thinks of the current shows and toyline?

actually, I am betting, bonnie's pretty apathetic. Her vision of MLP was more towards realistic colors. She wasn't super thrilled they were made fantasy colors in the first place. I met her at MLP fair a few years ago.

• Like 1

actually, I am betting, bonnie's pretty apathetic. Her vision of MLP was more towards realistic colors. She wasn't super thrilled they were made fantasy colors in the first place. I met her at MLP fair a few years ago.

Cool! So does she see any slice of the profits?

Wow! New stuff since I last checked.

The fact that it's a shortened seasons, but it was noted that there will at least be Season 8, intrigues me.

Maybe the 13 will be just due to a story arc, like how in Anime there's several arcs that make up the series.

I thought to myself, "Season 3 only 13 episodes? That only means that the show's ending sooner than I thought!" D:

Now that I see most of what the creators spoke about and posted, I guess I'm totally wrong. And if the reason why they have it shortened is to sped more time on quality, then I'm not complaining what so ever! :D

Will's contribution has to be the most reassuring news about the show I've read in a while.

With all the speculation about how the show was going to end earlier, and all the paranoia that was slowly sneaking its way to awful levels, I'm finally glad to hear that there's confirmation that the show will continue on.

Also: Don't take Megan's comments seriously (I only noticed Lux doing so, but I want to dismiss any possible speculation in the future). She's clearly taking part in the joke, as every staff member of the show does... :smug:

I know she couldn't be certain of an eighth season, but it shows that there's not any plan to nix the show.