(Everfree Forest) The Missing Manticore (OPEN)

Boss_Hoss1

Dunder listened carefully to all of Swift Squall's reasoning. Even when he addressed Dunder, didn't didn't answer as he knew that the long winded stallion would still have more to say. Throughout all of it, he couldn't help but feel that the unicorn had no solid standing on the subject. The pony wasn't a unicorn, the all the pegasi weren't concerned at all. Willow backed Dunder up, showing she had some faith, Candy was barely getting concerned when Swift brought it up, and Wild was quiet, but he wasn't sure if that meant he he was too shy to speak up on either Swift or Dunder's point of view.

Near the end when Swift addressed Dunder again and ruffled his mane, Dunder ginned and ran a hoof over it to fix it. "Well, Last time I thought you said were about 6 years, but whatever..." He said, "And I'll go with you." He said as he took a spot next to Swift and began walking, "We'll be right back." He said while looking back at Candy.

(ooc): Boss Hoss invited me into this RP, so here comes Professor Clyde Krashkop!

sml_gallery_475_9_14254.jpg

"VAIT FOR ME, MEIN FRIENDS!" a loud voice rung out from high above the Orca as a gray maned green Pegasus soon flew into view. It was Professor Clyde Krashkop, the recently retired Science Professor from Canterlot University and good friend of Candy Ketchum. He was flying even more erratic than usual with his saddlebags full of gear.

"I VANT TO COME VITH YOU!" the Pegasus with the heavy Germaney accent shouted as he descended for a landing. Living up to his name, the elderly Professor flew down too fast, tripping, falling and rolling to a stop near Candy's front hooves. Quickly getting up, the Professor stood up tall and saluted his Pegasus friend.

"Professor Clyde Krashkop, volunteering to help on dis important quest!" he neighed, looking a little wobbly due to his 'crash' landing.

Clearing his throat softly and politely, he stepped forward slightly and gave a small bow, “I am sorry I did not introduce myself before,” he said, “I simply did not wish to interrupt. My name is Wild Gambit, but please, do not take that as an indication of my character, I am actually quite reliable.” He gave a small smile and then stepped back into his place again, hoping that his long silence had not offended the unicorn, who seemed now to be so set on helping them so much!

"Nice to..meet you Gambit. And no, I don't take this as offenisve...opposite in fact." he saids positivly surprised. As for now he was the only stallion who didn't dissmised his warnings. He wan't to thank him for this when suddenly another pegasus showed up.

"Oh, for the love of Celestia!" tought Swift Squall when he saw Proffessors arrival. Not only he was walking (or rather, flying) Excavation Site but he appeared as a clumsy one too. Corner of his left eye started ticking dangerously but his shades masked this.

"We...be...right...back." he said slowly, trying not to crack. He putted his biggest, somewhat maniacal smile as he turned aroud.

"Let's...go Dunder."

As they moved away his frustration vanished. Both off them were silent for the moment...

"I know what you want to say. I still think that I am right, even if all off this preparation will turn unnecessary. Better safe then sorry. But...." Swift expression changed, he actually looked embrassed.

"The real reason why I joined was...well I have a really, really bad feeling about this. Oh, don't look at me like that Blusty! I know how it sounds. Forgot that I live with the ghost already?" he suddenly frowned and looked at his hooves "Thing is...when one almost meet his maker such many times like you or I...you start to predict trouble, don't you agree? Like some...sixth sense. And mine has gone hiwire. That's why I almost blowed up when that elder showed up - not counting the fact that I became a bit more hothead since meeting Fire and you -...and why I disspersed this crowd. Less the crew...less the hurt...in case something goes...wrong."

Candy Catch-em turned to Wild Gambit "Glad to have you along too. Should I call you wild or Gambit?"

She also looked at Wilow and smiled "And should I call you Will? I'm glad you think Tiny is fascinating too." She glanced up to the sky at his comment about the weather. "That's what has me worried. I only have this window of opportunity this month for access to this yacht, and am worried this means bad weather over the Everfree. Lets go see Tiny while we have time..."

Suddenly Professor Krashkop arrived in his inimitable style. The mare stifled a giggle and gave him a hug "Glad to see you Professor! You are welcome to join us! We can always use someone of your intelligence (and lucky indestructabilty...) I was about to introduce these ponies to Tiny while Dunder and Swift Squall go for supplies. He is in that hanger over there, awaiting being loaded. If you will all follow me please..."

As she trotted to the hanger Candy watched for a moment as Dunder and Swift Squall headed off to have a discussion before Squall's supply trip.

She frowned and gave a deep sigh. She didnt' know what Swift was playing at, but she could only hope his supplies and attitude would make up for lost volenteers, time, and the growing likelihood of rain...

Willow turned back to Candy and the rest of the group just in time to see the Professor Clyde Krashkop rolling to a stop at Candy’s feet. He tilted his armored head slightly, resisting the urge to crack a grin at the elderly pegasus’s slightly less than competent appearance. Though he was sure the professor would be a wonderful addition to their team, Will now hoped more than ever that ‘Tiny’ wouldn’t escape or decide to go mental on them. They would already have a Manticore on the loose; the last thing they would need is an old pony getting in the way and being eaten.

Finally allowing the smile he had been holding back to spread over his face, Willow dipped his head towards Candy. “It’s nice to meet you Professor Krashkop.” A giggle escaped, unbidden, from his lips. “And yes, you may call me Will.”

The pegasus’s ears perked up suddenly as they picked up on the faintest hint of thunder out in the distance. His smile slowly faded and he bit his lip, glancing around at all the other ponies around him. “Erm… Shall we go then? Though I don’t think the rain will be here any time soon, I would prefer to not take any chances at getting wet…” Will loved the rain, but there was nothing more annoying than getting itches under his armor, and little crawling drops of water, he knew, were sure to annoy him partially to death. He trotted a few more steps toward the Orca, impatient to see this mysterious Tiny, as he had never seen a Manticore in person before.

The pegasus stallion wasn't very sure what Swift was trying to do. Was he trying to help, or was he trying to sabotage the mission? His way of helping was odd, by scaring all the ponies with this nonsense on pirates. He understood that Swift was worried and why he was, but Dunder didn't think he had the right to scare off ponies like that. Especially with things like this. He wasn't a pegasus like the rest of the crew who flew over the Everfree regularly.

But still, Dunder listened to his unicorn friend, and when he was done, Dunder nodded. "I understand. You just want nopony to get hurt. But some of these ponies know the risks and are willing to risk getting hurt for pay. Please, if you want to help, try not to help. Now, we can just get these supplies and go back?" He asked Swift.

Professor Krashkop shared the hug from his old friend Candy.

"Danka, fraulein Ketchum," the green Pegasus said after releasing the hug. "It vill be mein pleasure to help in any vay!"

The gray maned stallion then turned towards Willow.

"Und it is a pleasure to meet you, Herr Vill!" the Professor neighed as he turned back towards Candy. "How soon vill vee be departing, fraulein?"

But still, Dunder listened to his unicorn friend, and when he was done, Dunder nodded. "I understand. You just want nopony to get hurt. But some of these ponies know the risks and are willing to risk getting hurt for pay. Please, if you want to help, try not to help. Now, we can just get these supplies and go back?" He asked Swift.

Swift was not pleased with Dunder's lack of faith in his experience. But for sake of Dunder's good humot he backed down.

"....Fine. Let's not either talk about this for now or waste any more." unicorn said and both of them started the shopping spree.

Fortunately Squall knew some good places with assortiment perfect for adventurers and crews of the airships. They were not for those with shallow pocket but equipment they offered was those of the finest class.

"Yes...this will do. And extra med packs. Blankets...just in case we will have to spend night in the Forest. And ropes...absolutely ropes." Swift Squall muttered to himself while horrified Blust saw huge - and still growing - moutain of items. In that case they rented the cart. And another one. And one more.

When they got back after four hours all the stuff took five huge wagons an couple of ponies hired to get them to the airport.

"Sorry we late." said Swift to the group when they showed back up. "I bet you all bore your hoofs off. Well Mrs. Candy as you can I got your supplies. And this gentlecolts will help us load all of this aboard. Errr.. after they catch their breath that is. I will go to the hold to help the crew posit all these items. Thanks Dunder." unicorn said and rushed to the vessel.

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: I will go ahead and post, letting Wild Gambit catch up when he can. there may be a round or so before Candy can respond to Swift and Dunder since she will be showing off the Manticore while they were away.)

The pegasus mare confidently trotted over to the hangar where the cage sat. "Tiny is over here until we can start loading, so he doesnt' feel closed in. the less of the sedative I need to use, the less he will be getting immune to it. I prefer not to use magic in knocking them out either, the time of effect is unpredictable around the Everfree."

Candy flutters her wings happily as she zips over to land beside the cage. "This is tiny."

The huge felinoid stands up curiously, green eyes shining as his name is spoken. he purrs at the mare, then sniffs curiously, his nose poking through the bar. his right wing is crisscrossed in pink scars with similar pink streaks up the webbing of his left, there is white streaks of fur around his barrel and the outer half of his tail is a light green.

"As you can see, he met a Hydra. He was first found hiding in a barn near Hoofington, and was quite feverish by the time I tracked him into a small wood nearby ."

She put her hooves on her hips and grinned, waiting for questions.