I was curious other than My Little Pony Friendship is Magic what other cartoons do you watch?/ like I watch Adventure Time With Finn and Jake, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Ben 10, Ben 10 Alien Force, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, Dan Vs., Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, Green Lantern The Animated Series, Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness, MAD, Ninjago, Regular Show, Spongebob Squarepants, Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action, Total Drama World Tour,Total Drama Revenge of The Island, Transformers Animated, Transformers Prime, Ultimate Spider-man and Young Justice.

P.S. sometimes on Friday I watch Cartoon Planet. Oh wait I forgot about Iron Man Armored Adventures and I recently found out that Avatar The Last Air Bender and Legend of Korra are also cartoons and not anime so yeah I watch those too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite. For contemporary animated series, I watch Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I don't follow either with resolve.

I've heard that Disney's Gravity Falls is pretty good, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Like I said

I'll bite. For contemporary animated series, I watch Adventure Time and Regular Show, but I don't follow either with resolve.

I've heard that Disney's Gravity Falls is pretty good, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Yeah like I said above I like Adventure Time and Regular Show as well as all the other shows above so yeah I think those shows and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic are very good plus i've only seen a few episodes of Gravity Falls that does look pretty good but I don't really have an opinion yet.

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond

That's what Ciraxis highly approves.

Transformers Animated, Transformers Prime

Not bad...but watch Beast Wars and Beast Machines (in THAT order) to see a great Transformers series (with greatest Megatron ever! - Yesss...).

Also I liked Armada but only from

Starscream Heel Face Turn

onwards. It had that unique feel of mystery and unknown danger.....and it's better to ignore Energon and Cybertron....for you own good.

That's what Ciraxis highly approves.

Not bad...but watch Beast Wars and Beast Machines (in THAT order) to see a great Transformers series (with greatest Megatron ever! - Yesss...).

Also I liked Armada but only from

Starscream Heel Face Turn

onwards. It had that unique feel of mystery and unknown danger.....and it's better to ignore Energon and Cybertron....for you own good.

Actually i've seen all those Transformers shows in the past except for Beast Machines never heard of it.

A brony acquaintance of mine recently posted on FB that Gravity Falls was good show. Since it was on Disney channel, I assumed it was live action. But, the same night she posted that, I caught an episode a little later. Turned out to be animated. Not bad.

I've seen a more episodes since that first one. May become a regular watcher.

"Human sized hamster balls?" *Gasp* "I'm human sized!" - Episode 2

About the only non-MLP current-ish animated shows I watch/buy DVDs when they come out for are Metalocalypse, Archer, Squidbillies, and Aqua Teen Whatever The Heck They are Calling It These Days (which I have been watching since the very day it aired).

The only ones I have been attached enough to actually purchase or or wax nostalgic on a level where I still think they're great as an adult: are Tale Spin, Gummi Bears, Animaniacs, SGC2C, Tiny Toon Adventures, Gumby (the original series). The first few seasons of Ducktales fall into here as well, but I haven't purchased them yet.

Things I wax nostalgic about in a deep and true manner and will buy if they're $2, but are hard for me to muster then enthusiasm as an adult that I did as a child for them: He-Man, She-Ra, the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, Space Ghost (the original series), Thundercats, Jem, Gumby (the 1988 series)

Cartoons that I want to love but they make me unbearably sad because they're do awful compared to what they could have been. The Animated Fraggle Rock, Little Muppet Monsters, Spaceballs the Animated Series.

I like the idea of Problem Solverz, but I can't see how it'd be turned into a narrative so I haven't watched it yet as it might destroy my mighty love for the Paper Rad collective. I probably should watch Adventuretime. Seems about up my alley. And I do rather like the Marvel-Based superhero shows.

T

About the only non-MLP current-ish animated shows I watch/buy DVDs when they come out for are Metalocalypse, Archer, Squidbillies, and Aqua Teen Whatever The Heck They are Calling It These Days (which I have been watching since the very day it aired).

The only ones I have been attached enough to actually purchase or or wax nostalgic on a level where I still think they're great as an adult: are Tale Spin, Gummi Bears, Animaniacs, SGC2C, Tiny Toon Adventures, Gumby (the original series). The first few seasons of Ducktales fall into here as well, but I haven't purchased them yet.

Things I wax nostalgic about in a deep and true manner and will buy if they're $2, but are hard for me to muster then enthusiasm as an adult that I did as a child for them: He-Man, She-Ra, the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, Space Ghost (the original series), Thundercats, Jem, Gumby (the 1988 series)

Cartoons that I want to love but they make me unbearably sad because they're do awful compared to what they could have been. The Animated Fraggle Rock, Little Muppet Monsters, Spaceballs the Animated Series.

I like the idea of Problem Solverz, but I can't see how it'd be turned into a narrative so I haven't watched it yet as it might destroy my mighty love for the Paper Rad collective. I probably should watch Adventuretime. Seems about up my alley. And I do rather like the Marvel-Based superhero shows.

T

Ok

The only other animated shows I keep track of these days are South Park and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (I'll always be a SW fan). I'll always fondly remember the The Simpsons (about the first ten seasons or so), King of the Hill, Pinky and the Brain, Sonic SATAM, and the first two seasons of Pokemon.

Only cartoons I watch now are the GOOD shows on Cartoon Network, which consists of Regular Show, Adventure Time and Amazing World of Gumball. I also watch a good deal of [adult swim], but it seems like I only watch it for Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Screw the name changes...) now.

I used to LOVE Ed, Edd, n Eddy. I still do. Personally my favorite cartoon of all time, trumping even FiM. So much wit, excellent animation, great voice and music work, and the class it had with everything it did was gorgeous. I wish more shows could be like EEnE now...

As for Nick, for a while I was extremely into "My Life as a Teenage Robot", a short-lived cartoon directed by FiM's-own Rob Renzetti. Was a classy little cartoon that seemed to fall into a "girly" category....because the main character was a girl... :roll:

Also watched a lot of Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life. Both were comedic genius when they aired. Spongebob...has certainly lost its touch. In fact, I don't even bother with the new episodes any more. I only enjoy the early episodes, where the episodes were actually funny...

...as you can tell, I'm a 90s-kind of kid, :smug:

It's a shame they're ending the current Avengers toon for an more "Movie Friendly" Avengers toon. Which is a shame, since the current show is a big love letter to old Marvel fans. And we got to see alot of characters never animated before..Like the Red Hulk! An the very Commander Sheppardish Miss Marvel (Both voiced by the ever-awesome-needs-to-be-on-FIM Jennifer Hale).

I really like Adventure Time. The show can get dark (One of the last episodes had a guy who wanted to be a princess, and ended up taking hostages and trying to commit suicide over this) and they're slowly leading up the very cool Litch character. Ron Pearlman is also full of win!

I tried out Gumball, but I didn't find it to be a good show. I don't get how people can group it in the same tier as Adventure Time and Regular show. I've watched it a few times, but it just doesn't hook me. I don't understand what they're going for with all the differently animated characters. It's not even very funny, it's just something that'll entertain kids, the way I see it. Something dumbed down and full of colors and slapstick, but not really entertaining to an older audience.

I tried out Gumball, but I didn't find it to be a good show. I don't get how people can group it in the same tier as Adventure Time and Regular show. I've watched it a few times, but it just doesn't hook me. I don't understand what they're going for with all the differently animated characters. It's not even very funny, it's just something that'll entertain kids, the way I see it. Something dumbed down and full of colors and slapstick, but not really entertaining to an older audience.

For a while I hated Gumball but three months ago I decided to give it a second chance. Is it the best cartoon ever or even on the same level as Fim, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Marvel superhero cartoons or Transformers Prime no it's not but it's still pretty darn good in my opinion.

I saw that show (Amazing World Of Gumball). It's cute, but not something I'd normally watch. Still, kudos to the creators..I do like how they combine all the different forms of animation and live action into one show....