Gosh there's a lot of shows I've watched that I'm glad are on Netflix! Ren and Stimpy was a demented show that I'm so happy to have watched for it's insanity! Rugrats, Aahh!! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Spongebob (until it "jumped the shark" after the movie), My Life as a Teenage Robot was okay, decent enough to watch even though it seemed a tad blad time to time, but definitely rememberable!

Cartoon Network definitely had a lot of shows I love watching, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Edd and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Cow and Chicken (LOVE the Red Guy!), Adventure Time, Code Lyoko, and Dexter's Lab!

Disney was the one I watched the least but I still remember a couple shows! Tail Spin was a fun spinoff of The Jungle Book. Kim Possible is another one that had great action, fun humor, and interesting characters!

Boy do I feel nostalgic now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the good old Cartoon Network cartoons like Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, Powerful Girls, Kids Next Door, and some Disney Channel ones like Kim Possible.

Currently, though, I've been keeping up with new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

I've also been watching the classical Batman: The Animated Series which I only remember glimpses of when I was a kid. The show is pretty darn good for it's time! :?:

Old voltron

Samurai jack

Invader Zim

AHH!!! Real Monsters

Symbionic Titan (is back, and because i started watching MLP I know that princess Llana is voiced by Tara Strong)

Regular show

Adventure Time

Thunder Cats

Young Justice

Batman Beyond

I could go on forever...

So I watched an episode of the new TMNT cartoon today! It was pretty good actually

It was the episode where the fat guy got a video of the turtles fighting the narcacistic alien cyborg clone guys with a sub plot of Raphiel learning not have such paper skin.

I felt like the anime-esque added visuals done in comic book style were an awkward blend with the CG, though the character design was good and the world was just dark enough to hold to the TMNT roots well.

The fact that they had a clear moral lesson worked into the sub plot without making it overtly preachy is a leap in the right direction, and I loved how they used ACTUAL Japanese and proper etiquette while they were practicing. It wasn't a half attempted racial offshoot like I've seen other cartoons do.

All in all, I'd say there's still hope for modern cartoons. I'm chalking it up with Gravity Falls and MLP as a definate rewatch

I prefer old school stuff personally. Old Disney shorts or Warner Brothers cartoons were a staple of my growing up. My older brother and I would run around the back yard with him regularly pretending to be Bugs Bunny and me being Daffy Duck. We would watch those tapes to memorization and then act them out.

Of course, the shows on the Disney Afternoon were awesome. Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, I could go on and on. We also had our DB shows like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and so forth. We also watched a lot of 80's Saturday morning cartoons, like He Man, The Amazing Spiderman, My Little Pony, and my still favorite Care Bear series.

Now a day I keep up with The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Bob's Burgers, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Family Guy.

This does not count for the non animated stuff I watch!