...Would you Believe it?

Thoth

Sorry for not replying sooner. Been busy with work and everything in-between... :-|

To first establish, this is my cousin we're talking about, not my step-mom's son or anything. Simply my cousin.

Second, I get every point here. In fact, I understand every one and find each relevant to my position. I was just extremely aggravated at the moment I posted this thread. However, the idea still stands that she doesn't even want me to mention the show to my cousin, or in her house. As if it's a sin.

I understand the idea could be perceived that I'm trying to force the show upon him, but I'm not. He simply mentioned his girlfriend being a self-proclaimed Brony. It lead to me asking if he'd ever watched the show before, him saying "No", and I simply said he should try it some time. I meant no intention to turn him into a Brony by whatever definition, I simply was making a passing statement. However, my Step-Mom seemed to think I was...as she put so kindly, "filling his head with Brony crap".

Let me be clear; I have no intention in making him like the show. I simply said he could try it some time. His girlfriend is a Brony, so I figured he would watch it once just to see it. My source of anger comes mostly from the fact she takes it to be such an offense that I mentioned the show and recommended it...

And that sucks. But at the end of the day, there isn't much you can do or should do.

I've pretty much come to grips with this.

About the most I'm going to do is I'm going to ramp up the pony presence on my Facebook page. Not really a "I'LL SHOW HER, DURHUR" situation, but moreso just a retaliation in suitable taste.

Thanks for the clarification, Thoth! I can see why you're upset.

And yeah, it's her house, her rules, silly as they may be! I'm glad you found a good vector to vent your frustration that doesn't put you in a position for retaliation.

• Like 1