Emerath

EmerathPony-1.jpg

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP.

Name: Emerath

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Light Green

Coat Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: He wears his mane long and sometimes rather unkempt. It tends to fall over one eye and hang down slightly past his neck. His tail is short, as a purposeful contrast to the fact he likes to keep his mane long. His tail is also usually unkempt, but it's not as noticeable being shorter. Both his mane and tail are red with grey highlights.

Physique: Emerath is a skinnier pony at about medium height. He has a thin body that isn't very muscular, seeing as he spends most time reading and little time out exercising. His body type is best described as slim.

Cutie Mark: Emerath's cutie mark is that of a golden pocket watch. It came about when he realized helping his friends schedule some school events that he really enjoyed being a timekeeper. Next morning he woke up and a golden pocket watch adorned his flank.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: His major goal in life is to make sure that everything is on time. It breaks his heart to see things running late. But that's usually when he steps in and helps anypony who seems to be lagging behind in their duties and makes sure everything gets back on a neat time schedule once again.

Likes: Timeliness, Order, Reading, Helping other ponies get back on schedule, Warm fires.

Dislikes: Tardiness, Chaos, Loud noises, Ponies who refuse his help, Ponies who insult his ideas

Character Summary: Endilix is a unicorn born into a rather wealthy Canterlot family. He was raised with a silver spoon in his mouth, and it gives him a bit of an attitude when dealing with others. However, his mom tried to teach him the values of making friends when he can, and not looking down on them. It worked, sometimes. Sometimes he was just unbearably rude to a lot of his classmates. This made for an interesting school life. He wasn't a gifted foal, but he kept his grades up and kept his parents proud enough that they let him be his own pony. He was a very organized pony, however, and this led to a lot of his friends and classmates constantly asking him for advice on scheduling, since he was so good at planning events and things of that nature. He gladly helped them for years, and finally woke up one morning with a golden pocket watch on his flank, right about into his early years as a colt. This pretty much secured his spot as the school event planner.

Since then, he has helped his father run the local theatre and plan plays and rehearsals and such. His mother stays at home, and welcomes visits from her son on a regular basis. Whenever possible, Emerath makes a bit of a side living as a timekeeper for sports events, and also helps plan larger events like the Grand Galloping Gala, if his help is needed.

Emerath himself is a rather shy and laid back pony. Since he's grown up, he's come to be more accepting of ponies that aren't quite as wealthy, but absolutely adores ponies who are no stranger to wealth or status. He hopes to find a nice pony to marry that's in his class, but he might be willing to accept a lower class pony should they spend enough time together. But he's not looking all that hard. He's just as happy in his study above the theatre, reading books and planning events by the warm fire.

Hey there Emerath,

Looking this over, I think you've hit all the main points needed for a character application for Mane RP. I like the concise descriptions and well thought-out character background. It's nice to see some motivations worked into there, too. Love of punctuality is a great driving force! I'm also glad you included something about his origins and relations with his family including current relationships.

If you want to add more you certainly could, but as far as I can tell this application could be moved into the 'final' category--assuming you don't have any others there, that is.

I appreciate your critique Trilobite, I'm glad you like my app. ^^ My main motivations in making him were to take a character I've lovingly built over the years and put him into the MLP:FiM universe, and I'm glad to see he's transitioned rather smoothly! :D And with that, I think I'll leave him as is. Anymore and I'd probably overcomplicate him (he's not a complicated pony :P ).

And so it is final.

Thanks Trilo. I've actually started to make pixel art ponies for other people too. ^^

So, I don't want to seem impatient. I'm sure the staff are all very busy. But any idea how long approval might take? I don't mind if it takes a while, I'm just hoping for a decent idea of how long it'll be. Looking over my app today it's probably about as final as I'm gonna make it, unless someone else tells me it needs something added or taken out between here and then.

Awesome! Well, as long as I know everything is in the works I'm satisfied. I'll just keep (im)patiently checking this regularly to see if anyone else has stopped by to offer advice or critique until my turn comes around. ^^