[Everfree Forest (Eventually)] One Tree in a Forest [OPEN]

WillowWing

((

OOC Thread; post here to join!))

WillowSprite.gif - Willow Wing took a deep breath of morning air as he hoisted on his saddlebags and buckled them on tightly to begin his journey. He was finally going to begin his trek to the Everfree forest in search of the tree that was so dear to his mother and father. The thought of finally getting closer to revealing more about his mother, who had been absent from his life as long as he could remember, put a spring in his step as he bounced down his front steps and leapt into the dewy morning sky. Flying, he knew he would reach Ponyville in only a few hours, where he would make his first stop; Manehatten was after that, and then it was out into the unexplored far reaches of the Everfree forest.

As he had expected, he arrived at Ponyville before noon that same day. He received a few admiring glances and a few questions as he landed in the middle of the small town; not many ponies there had even seen armor like Will’s, and were quite curious. He answered as many of the questions as he could, going slightly pink around the ears at all the attention. Before long, however, the little crowd began to dissipate, and he had the chance to look around.

Will had never been in Ponyville before, and didn’t really know his way around. There seemed to be a small market near him, so he made a beeline for it and stopped at the first stand he came to, which happened to be a stall for the nearby apple orchard. A small smile spread over his face as he bought a few apples and began to much on one, stowing the other away in his saddlebags as he walked along the other booths looking for any supplies he might need for the upcoming journey.

http://www.canterlot...-meridianfinal/

Prime sat at a small table outside a shop, he could see the small crowd in the market place. without any bits there wasn't anything he could buy but he did have some food in his saddle bag.as he ate watching the crowd, a green pegasis caught his eye; he was clad in armor and looked out of place. 'It's not really any of my business, besides I've got bigger things to worry about' he didn't want to be rude, nobody likes someone just butting in on there business for no good reason.

regardless of his thoughts, his curiosity got the better of him and he found himself walking up to the pegasis.

"excuse me, I was wondering what you were doing here in ponyville?"

WillowSprite.gif - Willow tilted his head slightly as he looked back to see who was talking. He smiled shyly at the brown Earth pony behind him and turned around to face him. Though he would normally consider the question slightly rude, Will accepted this as another curious Ponyville resident and took no offense.

"Well, I'm making a stop here before I conttinue to Manehatten, then to the Everfree forest to...look for something." It had never occured to Will that somepony might want to join him in his quest; not that he thought that's what this pony wanted. He wasn't quite sure how he would handle an event like that, considering that this was a rather personal venture... Of course, the Everfree forest wasn't exactly the friendliest of places, so maybe having a few companions along for the trip would be a good idea.

"Why do you ask?" Will tilted his head once again, the noonday sun glinting off his polished armor.

Listening to the pegasis speak he could tell that the matter was personal, but he still wanted to know more. “well you seemed out of place, small towns don’t get all that many visitors.” From the look of the pegasis he seemed like he could handle himself alright. “If you’re looking for something in the everfree it’s probably gonna be some sort of plant, am I right?”

he hated having to take shots in the dark but he hoped that it would help satisfy his curiosity.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/9455-the-equestioner-final/

"Did I hear someone ask a question?" A light brown unicorn said from a distance away. He had been walking to get some grocery shopping done on some of his last non-emergency bits, and was in the mood for something to happen. While letting his mind wander in line, he heard his magic word said. 'Ask' meant there was a question, and did Lon ever love questions. He looked over and spotted an earth pony and an armored pegasus talking together, both looking fairly new here, like himself. He trotted up to the pair and smiled at them both. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am The Equestioner; Questionare Extrordinare. I herd there were some questions going on here and was wondering, as a question of course, may I join your conversation? I love conversations that go beyond the known. And mentioning the Everfree Forest means there's a lot of unknown."

WillowSprite.gif - Will raised his eyebrows slightly as yet another pony approached him and questions were fired at him from all sides. His eyes flicked from one pony to the other, debating who to address first. Settling on the first pony to talk to him, he let his eyes rest there.

"You're guess would be correct. It is a plant. A...willow tree." He looked to the other, another brown Earth pony. "Pleased to meet you...and you did hear a questing...many, in fact. I suppose you may join the conversation... But yes, I'm looking for a willow tree in the Everfree forest. There's really not much more to it than that..." He finished his apple, core and all, and took a few deep breaths of the clear, almost sweet Ponyville air. Though glad that he had gotten his shopping finished with, the matter rested on his mind of what exactly these ponies wanted. His wings rustled impatiently as he sighed, then spoke again.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to excuse myself, gentlemen. I really want to get to Manehatten as soon as possible... Unless..." Will took one more deep breath and almost rolled his eyes. "Unless you'd like to accompany me for awhile. It's always better to have companions on the road." Will knew this to be true, as he had traveled a lot in his life, but he was a little unsure of what exactly these ponies would be useful for. They didn't seem to be fighters, and, being Earth ponies, they would slow his travel by quite awhile. Even so, they were better than being cornered by some rabid beast on his own. Willow turned to go, looking back to see how the other two would answer.

"I'm Will, by the way. Willow Wing."

Prime looked on as willow spoke contemplating his decisions, ‘I suppose it couldn’t hurt’ he thought to himself.'

“If you’re looking for a specific willow tree then you might need some help.”

Prime pulled a small book that he happened to have on hoof out, it was a basic guide to plants. Prime had several guide books on certain subjects though he figured he could spare this one.

“Here this might help.” He threw the book over to willow and began to follow. ”Oh, and my name’s Prime Meridian.” He said with a small smile.

(OOC: He's a unicorn, But I'll make it better.)

The Equestioner pumped his hoof into the air, ruffling his mane and revealing a horn that had remained hidden underneath. "Great! The search is on!" He yelled. "Time to answer some questions! I'll go get my bags. And one last question before I leave, where should we meet up when we arrive in Manehatten?"

((OOC: Sorry about that. e3e I missed that when I read the app...))

WillowSprite.gif - Willow barely looked as he caught the book in he teeth, placing it carefully in his left saddlebag, the one not reserved for food. At least these two seemed resourceful, and that was quite good. He did raise an eyebrow again, however, as the second pony, who Will now saw was a unicorn, talked about 'getting his bags'.

"I hope you just mean some simple saddlebags. We're going to have to travel rather fast to get to Manehatten quickly. I hope you two are in shape." Casting his eyes back to the first pony, Prime Meridian, Will spoke once again. "If you'd like to get some bags or something, I would suggest doing it now, so we can get going as soon as possible. I only have room for food for one, so bringing some for yourself would probably be a good idea." He turned away again and began walking towards the edge of town.

"I'll be waiting for you, but please try to be quick..." Willow felt a little bad about being so distant, but he still wasn't quite sure how to feel about having new ponies join up with him. Maybe he would look for another strong pegasus in Manehatten, just to keep everyone safe...

'Wait my saddle bags?' Prime had just realized he had left the saddle bag back at the table he was sitting at, nodding he walked off to get his bags. He had packed fairly light; except his book and some other random objects, all he had was some food and basic camping gear.

As he made his way to the outskirts of Ponyville he spotted the green Pegasus waiting, raising a hoof he shout, “ hey ready to go.”

WillowSprite.gif - Will smiled slightly as the two ponies approached him once again, this time laden with all the supplies he would need. He turned first to The Equestioner, now ready to answer the question he had shot out before.

"Well, I was thinking of flying ahead to Manehatten to see if anyone wants to join up with us. Then I could fly back to you, just so that, if we pick up anyone in Manehatten, they have time to get ready to leave and whatnot." Rustling his wings a little impatiently, Willow stood and trotted in the direction of the road. "Would that be okay with you two? I don't want to have you wandering alone, but it really would be more convenient if I went on ahead." He looked back at the other two, a question in his eyes. "Besides, the real quest won't start until we reach the Everfree forest, and I'm sure you'll be able to handle yourselves until then."

WillowSprite.gif - Willow nodded as his face became quite serious. Though he was fairly sure nothing was going to be to terribly dangerous on the way to Manehatten, he couldn't be completely certain, and he would feel awful if something happened to these two while he was flying away. He swallowed and bit his lip before turning once again to the other ponies.

"Do either of you have any...combat experience? I honestly don't think anything will happen, but I just want to make sure. Or..." He twisted to face Equestioner, staring pointedly at his horn. "Are you proficient at magic? That should keep you safe, and would make me feel a lot better about leaving you all by yourself." A polite smile spread over his face; he hoped that the two didn't think he was treating them like foals out for a walk with their mother. He simply didn't want to be responsible for injuries to two ponies he barely knew.

A wide grin came to Prime's face at this question, he remembered back to the times he was in situations were he had to fight his way out. "I can handle myself, after all what type of trader would I be if I couldn't fend off petty thieves." he raised an eyebrow, speak with a hint of play mocking.

"WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE!?" The Equestioner yelled. He was pointing at a large bear, running towards them. But for some reason it seemed semi-transparent. In fact, it looked like a vague image of a hippo. The bear then faded, and The Equestioner's horn stopped glowing. "I don't fight things. i either mentally combat them or distract them to run off."

((OOC: Okay, Chapien is going to jump in before my next post, just to get his character set up. (: Will will be in Manehatten on the next post, so you'll probably want to just speed up the travel a little. Things'll be kind of awkward until we're all in Manehatten.))

WillowSprite.gif - Willow laughed slightly nervously at The Equestioner's display; he was satisfied that the two wouldn't be badly hurt, and so decided it was time to get going.

"Well, I guess I'll see you gentlemen soon. I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to get to Manehatten and back, but it shouldn't be too long." He hop-skipped a few steps, then raised his wings and jumped into the air, hovering above the others for a moment. "Be safe, and have a good time!" At this, he flew off quickly, definitely not wanting to waste too much time in the air. His saddlebags and armor weighed him down a little, but it wasn't really enough to effect his time; he would be flying relatively slowly anyway, trying to conserve energy for the task ahead.

Having never been to Manehatten before, Will wasn't really sure what to expect. He had been to some big cities and wasn't sure where Manehatten rested on that list, but he was fairly certain it wasn't near the bottom, and, in that case, he probably wouldn't miss it. The road to Manehatten was nicely visible as well, so unless something completely unforeseen happened, the trip to the city should be smooth and worry-free.

“Alright then, we better get moving, the sooner we get to Manehatten the better.” Prime began to walk down the road at a slightly faster than usual pace recalling the exact directions to Manehatten.

He wondered what he would have to look forward to, ‘I guess it’s better than Baltimare or Fillydelphia,’ he thought to himself.

It was just another ordinary day in Manehatten for Sparks. Well, as ordinary as life in Manehatten can be for a Stalliongrad native. The weather was actually fairly nice for most ponies, but Sparks, still unused to the warmer weather of southern Equestria, was sweating in the relative heat.

Although he was still a relatively new intern at Northern Storm Industries, his hard work had already gotten him noticed and earned him some recognition- so much recognition that the company deemed it appropriate to give him a bit of a vacation. Sparks accepted, but he didn't really know what to do with his time. Sparks was a hard worker and an engineer at heart. Without any work to do, Sparks wound up spending most of his days simply strolling the streets of Manehatten, nothing better to do than take in all of the foreign and bizarre sights of Manehatten, getting a bit homesick as he did so.

With a sigh, he stopped at crossroads, contemplating where to go next, without any real destination in mind. He had to admit, he still found himself extremely lost in this city, despite having been here for a while, the street names appearing foreign and confusing to him.

WillowSprite.gif - Will landed hard on a random street in Manehatten, panting slightly as he flapped his wings to cool himself down. There was no cloud cover that time of year, and the sun was blazingly hot on his dark coat, and the glinting from his armor, though it usually didn't bother him, got extremely annoying after hours of the little sparkling lights hitting his eyes. His saddlebags seemed much heavier than usual as well, and the straps were beginning to chafe his stomach and sides.

Unsure of exactly what to do now that he was in the city, Willow began to walk around, using occasional breezes to dry the sweat all over his body. He got many strange looks, being clad in armor and saddlebags that were obviously designed for traveling. It was quite apparent that he wasn't from around Manehatten, and some ponies edged away from him as he passed.

Though Will didn't consider himself intimidating or anything of the like, he understood why some ponies might think he was slightly scary; a strange pony in armor that had never been seen before wasn't always a cause for greeting. It did confuse the pegasus a little however, that these ponies weren't used to seeing unusual travelers like him.

Putting these thoughts out of his head, Will began looking for somewhere to have some dinner, as it was getting close to evening. He didn't know his way around, and had no idea what kind of place to be looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I do relationship counseling." He said with a toothy smile. "It's really quite simple once you get down to the foundation of what the relationship is based on. And the best way to get there is to ask questions. It's a long process, but most of the clients I've had thank me and say it was worth their time." He then stopped for a second with a blank stare, as if remembering something, then his smile returned as if nothing happened. "So what do you do?" He queried his traveling companion.