Voice Actors/Actresses Needed For Audio Drama

AceOfSpades1309

Hello everypony. I'm AceOfSpades1309 and I need actors and actresses for a audio drama series staring Applejack, the Apple Family, and an Original Character. The story is based on a fanfic story by by Kody910 called Scorched, a truly fantastic romance. And I highly recomend reading it before you audition for these roles.

There are 5 roles that are needed for this series. The roles are:

• Applejack
  • Applebloom
  • Big Macintosh
  • Granny Smith
  • The Main Character (His name will be decided later)

Now while I do need actors/actresses who sound like the characters on the show (excluding the original character, of course), for the role of Applejack and Applebloom, I need actresses who can display a good range of emotions. Meaning I need for Applejack to sound happy, sad, mad, scared, etc. The same can be said for the character of Applebloom. The part of Big Mac does have some scenes that require some amount of acting, but not as many emotions as his two sisters. Granny Smith really is generally happy in all her scenes, and not much acting is required for her.

Again I will stress that before you audition for any of the roles above, please read the story. It is a very great story, and I will need bronies who can commit to playing these characters the best that they can.

To audition, simply record the lines for the character(s) you want to try for and upload them to YouTube or any other video sharing site. Then provide a link to the video in this thread. Right now, I'm only really looking for people who sound like the characters from the show, so just the lines you should record are lines from the show. Basically, just fandubs and the like. When I think I've found the people to play Applejack and Applebloom, I will then send those actresses lines from the script to see if they can act with the emotions I need for this project.

For the role of the main character, however, I will need the people who are auditioning for this role to record themselves reading the Prologue of the fanfic. The role of the main charcter will also be the narrator for the story, so when recording the lines, simply read it as if you are the main character telling the story, or in other words, from a first person perspective.

That's it for now. I hope to hear from you all very soon.

Edited by AceOfSpades1309

No biggie, I'll have an audtion Pm'd to you shortly......... also seriously man, every character I've been reading in their own natural voices........ untill Applebloom on Chapter 6... When she says "Granny's makin waffles!", I immediately began reading her in the voice of Eddie Murphy.... Gotta love Shrek...

• Like 1

I can provide a wide arrangement of voices, but my voice cant go high at all anymore (Stupid puberty). So I can try Big Macintosh or the Lead.... but he may end up sounding Like Solid Snake a- ... a master thief??? That sounds awesome! I can't record any voices right now. I'm going to visit family and they expect to spend time with me (Madness!). I'll try and get some ASAP

Here are the audition lines for the main character.

Silently watching from the shadows, I observed the latest transaction at the local Quills & Sofas store. I’m not entirely sure why that blue stallion wanted to purchase a sofa this late at night, and by late at night, I’m talking "barely able to see your hoof in front of your face" late.

But I wasn't complaining. The night IS my best friend, after all. It only made it easier for me when potential "clients" do things such as this at this time of the day.

I stick to the dark alleyway I chose to observe the scene from. No need to blow my cover yet, not with a potential witness. As the stallion dragged his new couch away, I started to plot how to go about this. The couch wasn't my target. No, my eyes were more fixed on that hefty bag of bits in the store clerk's hooves.

I watched as he began to close up shop. Seems like this was the last customer of the day. Perfect. He didn't take his time, thankfully, and went about locking up all the doors relatively quickly.

The alley I was holing myself in was kind of rank. Several trash bags holding unknown substances were piled up in the back. Seems like the local garbage collection crew either likes to skip this area, or is unaware of it's existence. Rats were skittering all about, and the number of flies was, simply put, ridiculous. I didn't mind, I've been in worse conditions before. The payoff is always the same.

The owner has sealed up all entryways to the building. Double-checking the front door, he begins to trot to his home, a large bag of bits in tow.

Alas, the game begins.

It's an art form I've grown accustomed to. It's all about location and timing. Where to strike, and when. Timing is crucial. One screw up, and either the client becomes aware of your presence, or you get spotted by a third party. Either way, the hunt is lost.

But that hasn’t happen to me. Not for some time, anyway. I've gotten used to the feel for this little game. I've grown to be able to read ponies actions rather well. As for their emotions? Not important.

I began to shift. Rule #1: Keep the target in your sight at all times. This allowed me to plan my moves ahead, I've learned. If I let them out of my sight for even a second, I may lose them. I've missed a few heists in the past because I was distracted, or because I couldn't keep up with the target without letting them see me.

This guy, however, wasn't being too difficult. His movements and the directions he took were fairly straight-forward, allowing me to keep pace with him easily. He had a clear cut path to his home. I kept my pace with him through the shadows of the alleys. As far as I could tell, he was entirely oblivious to my presence.

Home. This had a double meaning to me. It meant both victory and defeat. Make it home with the loot of your target, and you've achieved victory. Allow the target to make it to their home with the loot, and you've received defeat. You can't follow a target into their home. You don't know whether or not they have family who would make your job more difficult, and dealing with a client in their environment is far too much of a hassle. Better to stick with your territory.

I began to plan out the perfect time to snag the goods. Rule #2: Plan your strike accordingly. How should I go about getting that bag of bits off of the guy? My most preferred method was to wait until your target set the goods down, and snag them when they aren't looking. Of course, that isn't always the easiest or reliable way of getting them. Another, more risky method was to very, very discreetly take the goods off of their being without them noticing. This works better in large crowds, where bumping and scraping against other ponies is expected, and not really heeded any attention. They wouldn't notice me taking the goods out of their saddlebag until I'm already long gone.

Only one problem; the goods weren't in a saddlebag in this case. They were in the target's teeth.

When the target has to be this protective of the goods, to the point where he carries them without an outside peripheral, then that leaves Option C: Blunt force. Sure, it's the most noticeable and direct way of theft, but it works when it's needed.

First step, acquire the weapon. Something heavy enough to knock out the target, yet light enough to allow you to use it quickly and cleanly. Scanning the area around, I take a look in several of the garbage cans nearby. Hastily rummaging through the contents of the first, I found nothing of particular interest. Skipping over to the next, I quickly find a seemingly-brand new frying pan. Who would throw out a perfectly good frying pan? No matter, it works, and I take my new best friend in my hoof.

The second step, wait for a location to strike. All around, windows are visible to my target's location. The prying eyes of witnesses are all around, and taking the strike now is far too risky. I need to wait.

The stallion takes a sudden turn into a back way. I didn't expect this. I need to move quickly. Hugging the side of the building, frying pan in tow, I quickly take a path that will allow me to intercept his new route. Peeking around the corner, I see him trotting my way, humming a simple tune. He was walking particularly close to my side of the alley.

Taking a look around, I notice there are no windows in this particular area. No vents, no doors, anything. In this alleyway, there is no possible way anyone would see me. This is it. I've found the perfect location to strike.

The third and final step. The time to strike. I need to swing carefully. If you don't put enough force behind the swing, the target will be groggy, but conscious. Put too much force, and you might kill someone. I'm a thief, not a murderer.

I listen closely.

Wait for it...

The trotting gets closer.

Wait for it...

The humming gets louder.

Wait for it...

The rustling of the bag of bits grows louder with each shake.

And...

A light-brown hoof enters your eyesight.

NOW!

*CLANG*

*THUMP*

Silence. For what feels like an eternity, there is nothing but silence. The only sound breaking the silence was my breathing. Adrenaline coursing through my body with each breath I take. This is what I loved about my job. The thrill is unlike any other.

I slowly peek my head around the corner. Looking down on the target, I can clearly tell he is not awake. He was breathing, however. Always on the mark.

Quickly taking the bag of bits in my teeth, I dash for my home on the edge of town.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Unless I missed something, I don't think it's technically against the rules.

I would hope not anyway. I'm hoping to get artists for a Project of my own. (though it's on hold temporarily)

But either way, this topic is several years old. Doesn't really matter at this point as far as this one is concerned.

You must be referring to this:

You agree to not create an account to solicit products, recruit for services or external projects or websites under the understanding that this is a community, not a social pool or experiment.

If I understand it correctly, Creating an account for the purpose of recruiting is a no-no.

However if you are here to enjoy the site like everybody else, and just happen to have a project you'd like help with, that may be a different matter. That's how I understand it anyway.