BassRider [FINAL]

chardude

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Bass Rider

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Dark gold-ish color (kinda like derpys in color)

Coat Color: Dark blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane and tail are black with a blue highlight. The style is strait

Physique: skinny, with some visible muscle mass

Cutie Mark: a single light blue music note ( ♪ ) the edge of which is colored gold. The top is shaped like a lighting bolt

Origin/Residence: Bass was born in Las Pegasus. But later moved to Canterlot.

Occupation: Bass works as a stage hand for music shows. Whether it be for an upcoming rave, or a tight up class Orchestra

Motivation: Bass always wanted to make music, and working as a stage hand can get you close to what you want to do. Every now and again he DJ's if the host is late.

Likes: Music, games, Lollipops, muffins, books, His sun glasses

Character Summary (This is going to be told like s story): Bass was born in Las Pegasus, A gentle, silly, and kinda lazy Pony with a talent for music and magic. As a young colt Bass spent most his time in doors. Either Tinkering with his instruments or studding magic. He had always found magic interesting. How you could transform items with a simple thought and a lot of focus. He had always found the levitation spell extremely helpful either with turning a page or getting a book on a tall shelf.

It wasn't until later in life when young BassRider would learn his true talent, Music. At the time, it didn't seem like such a big deal. He just did what he always does. It was a project for his school, a simple performance. His friend had asked him to find some good music. But Bass is creative. He decided to make his own music instead. The time of the show came and bass stood back stage, he could never remember the lines or the 'Dance' moves, if you could even call that dancing. He didn't mind though, he bobbed his head lightly as he worked the lights with his first song, a simple light beat with a heavy drop mid way. Bass loved his drops. A light hearted song that can get fast and heavy with a single note was just his style. He didn't even notice the mark on his flank until after the show.

After Bass had finished school he started to look around him more, and he didn't like what he saw. Las Pegasus wasn't for him. It was a place for "Party Ponies" if you catch my drift. So he saved up his money as a stage hoof and bought a one way ticket to Canterlot. Soon finding out it was much more high class than Las Pegasus. He didn't mind, He liked class. A nice place to live, nice people, a little up tight but all around fun. He soon found a job working back stage helping with shows. Every now and again a act wouldn't show up, and judging by the crowd, he would go on stage and make a little extra bits DJ'ing. He was still learning, but he loved doing it so much. It always put a smile on his face, moving the dials with his magic, lifting the records for the next song, it was his dream job.

Bass still practices magic. He had always wanted to learn Teleportation as a little colt. he tried it once and could have sworn he lost one of his hind legs, lucky for him it was still there. The uses of teleportation could help with wonders for his shows and work. Whether it just be moving a box, making an awesome entrance to a show, or just getting a snack from the fridge. It took all his concentration, but he did it, it was a short distance, only about 2 feet. But with more practice soon he could teleport slightly longer distances.

Greetings; I just wanted to ask you could eleborate more on Bass Rider's past and personality. How did he get his cutie mark? Why precisely did your character feel that staying in Las Pegasus would not help him further his career goals? Why is Bass stuck with stage hoof jobs when DJing is his passion, and how does he deal with this? How is his personality like now? How does Bass define good music?

Oh, I also want to ask what sort of unique magic that Bass Rider can do that aids him in his DJing? Typically, unicorns only know advanced magic that relates to their line of work (making it doubtful that Bass can levitate or teleport himself).

Addressing these issues will help beef up your Character Summary considerably, and it always helps to doublecheck your grammar too. :)

Greetings; I just wanted to ask you could eleborate more on Bass Rider's past and personality. How did he get his cutie mark? Why precisely did your character feel that staying in Las Pegasus would not help him further his career goals? Why is Bass stuck with stage hoof jobs when DJing is his passion, and how does he deal with this? How is his personality like now? How does Bass define good music?

Oh, I also want to ask what sort of unique magic that Bass Rider can do that aids him in his DJing? Typically, unicorns only know advanced magic that relates to their line of work (making it doubtful that Bass can levitate or teleport himself).

Addressing these issues will help beef up your Character Summary considerably, and it always helps to doublecheck your grammar too. :)

Thank you for the heads up. not sure if i should edit it in the post or put it here :blush:

i wasn't 100% what i was doing with Bass to be honest. but having these questions have got me thinking and i think i know what to do. :20:

Hiya! :)

I just wanted to point out that the location where you chose for him is named Las Pegasus. Also, I believe that Los Pegasus is a city in the clouds, and looking at the show, only Pegasi can walk on clouds. Unicorns can conjure up spells to walk on clouds, but I don't think it would be possible for Bass to keep a spell going for that long. Perhaps you'd want to change that.

Hiya! :)

I just wanted to point out that the location where you chose for him is named Las Pegasus. Also, I believe that Los Pegasus is a city in the clouds, and looking at the show, only Pegasi can walk on clouds. Unicorns can conjure up spells to walk on clouds, but I don't think it would be possible for Bass to keep a spell going for that long. Perhaps you'd want to change that.

maybe, i my self live in Las Vegas, i wanted to be able to discribe a place that i actualy knew, cause so far in the show they have only show 4 locations that i know of. so far it hasn't been shown if Las Pegasus is a cloud city or not. if it ever is confermed to be a cloud city i will change it.

maybe, i my self live in Las Vegas, i wanted to be able to discribe a place that i actualy knew, cause so far in the show they have only show 4 locations that i know of. so far it hasn't been shown if Las Pegasus is a cloud city or not. if it ever is confermed to be a cloud city i will change it.

Towns such as Cloudsdale have been listed on clouds as shown on our WoE maps.

http://www.canterlot...Borderlands.jpg

http://www.canterlot...a-Heartland.jpg

The RP helpstaff will come to check in on your app. If they find something that needs to be worked on, they'll say something about it. If they don't see anything wrong with it, they'll give this a stamp. Once it's stamped, you'll have to wait a bit longer until it's moved to the accepted apps section and you're moved to the Roleplayers group. The Members title on your profile will disappear, and become replaced with a Roleplayers title. After that, you should be ready to RP.

Good Morning,

You have a good application here with a large amount of potential, but I feel it can be expanded and improved in many ways. First, you do mention why he moved away from Manehatten, but not why he chose to move to specifically Canterlot over all other choices, what drew him in to Canterlot in the first place? You also might want to spell check the application, there are a few minor typos (they aren't really a big deal, but dealing with those could be a good idea). Can you clarify roughly how old he was when he got his Cutie Mark? I also feel that the Cutie Mark story could use some expansion and a bit more details and depth added to it. Like I said, it is a good application, but it has expansion - try expanding on it. Can you give us more details on the school project?

Good Morning,

You have a good application here with a large amount of potential, but I feel it can be expanded and improved in many ways. First, you do mention why he moved away from Manehatten, but not why he chose to move to specifically Canterlot over all other choices, what drew him in to Canterlot in the first place? You also might want to spell check the application, there are a few minor typos (they aren't really a big deal, but dealing with those could be a good idea). Can you clarify roughly how old he was when he got his Cutie Mark? I also feel that the Cutie Mark story could use some expansion and a bit more details and depth added to it. Like I said, it is a good application, but it has expansion - try expanding on it. Can you give us more details on the school project?

I like to keep the back stories of my characters kinda vague so that i can expan upon it later in RP's give a caracter a bit more deph if you ask me, and your not forced to play as the Exact same character. The reason it was canterlot is because i like how it looked in the show, nice place to live, nice people a little up tight but all around fun. about the spell check, I have slight dyslexic and believe me i spell checked the **** out of that. any thing that got by was a little slip i didn't notice. it also doesn't help that Firefoxs' spell check doesn't work here. :I

That's fine, and I wasn't aware you were dyslexic, my apologies. Can you add those reasons as to why he moved to Canterlot by editing it into your actual application post? Thanks! Another issue I have is his teleportation capabilities- most unicorns magical powers are restricted to relate to their special talent, and your pony's special talent is evidently music. I fail to see how teleportation exactly relates to music - please remember most Unicorns are actually not very powerful mages!

That's fine, and I wasn't aware you were dyslexic, my apologies. Can you add those reasons as to why he moved to Canterlot by editing it into your actual application post? Thanks! Another issue I have is his teleportation capabilities- most unicorns magical powers are restricted to relate to their special talent, and your pony's special talent is evidently music. I fail to see how teleportation exactly relates to music - please remember most Unicorns are actually not very powerful mages!

even though his talent is music, he's also talented in magic. kinda why i put the extra sentences in there about him studding magic while growing up. if you ask me just because a ponies "Special" talent is one thing, doesn't mean they cant be good at something else, in this case music and magic. that and its not like hes blasting holes in walls with lasers. just simple teleportation. even rarity can teleport XD

Hello there. Chapien, who was working with you before, has become quite busy as of late and has asked me to take over your app for him. :)

To start with, I'll tell you you were misinformed about Las Pegasus. According to our board lore (which admittedly isn't very clear or easily accessible on the subject); Las Pegasus is not a completely cloud bound city. It is part in the clouds and part not, but there are unicorns hired to cast cloudwalking spells so that all ponies may access the cloud bound parts.

Beyond that, the big problem I see here is with his multiple talents. You say he has talent for both music and magic. Are both of these things you'd consider his special talent? Because that's a little much for one pony to be specialized in. Also, general magic is something we're wary to allow as a pony's talent as that is Twilight's talent. You should make it more clear just how talented he is at magic. Per board lore, teleportation is considered fairly advanced magic (we do only see Twilight do it in the show, and she is clearly supposed to be one of the more magically proficient unicorns in Equestria) and especially so if he is able to teleport long distances; we want to be careful about keeping OCs, and unicorns especially, balanced and not too overpowered. Please keep in mind that most unicorns we've seen are mostly skilled at a more narrow scope of magic.

Hello there. Chapien, who was working with you before, has become quite busy as of late and has asked me to take over your app for him. :)

To start with, I'll tell you you were misinformed about Las Pegasus. According to our board lore (which admittedly isn't very clear or easily accessible on the subject); Las Pegasus is not a completely cloud bound city. It is part in the clouds and part not, but there are unicorns hired to cast cloudwalking spells so that all ponies may access the cloud bound parts.

Beyond that, the big problem I see here is with his multiple talents. You say he has talent for both music and magic. Are both of these things you'd consider his special talent? Because that's a little much for one pony to be specialized in. Also, general magic is something we're wary to allow as a pony's talent as that is Twilight's talent. You should make it more clear just how talented he is at magic. Per board lore, teleportation is considered fairly advanced magic (we do only see Twilight do it in the show, and she is clearly supposed to be one of the more magically proficient unicorns in Equestria) and especially so if he is able to teleport long distances; we want to be careful about keeping OCs, and unicorns especially, balanced and not too overpowered. Please keep in mind that most unicorns we've seen are mostly skilled at a more narrow scope of magic.

hmmm... i was sure I've seen rarity teleport, oh well. any way thank you for telling me about Las Pegasus, im gonna change that back. While he has been studying magic since he was young all he can really do is levitate and teleport, the max distance i would be about 16 yards (or 48 feet) and he didn't get it down until later in his life. But while i do wish him to have the ability to teleport i will drop that if i must.

i also dropped this distance on how long his first teleport was.

Hmm teleportation is a somewhat tricky area. I invite you to look at this piece of board lore. Included are the basic guidelines of what we are accepting the power classes of unicorns to be. We do not allow Alpha class unicorns (unicorns comparable to Twilight) or anything above to be added to the Mane RP period. We allow all other classes though, but prefer beta class unicorns to be apped sparingly. As you can see, teleportation is one of the skills by which we gauge the class of a particular unicorn.

Now given your character's primary focus seems more on the music than the magic, I'm not sure how important it is for him to be a particularly skilled magic user. Very limited teleportation (a small number of feet at a time) would be the absolute limit, but if it's important to you, it could still maybe be included. Overall though, I would consider downplaying the emphasis on magic in the app.

Hmm teleportation is a somewhat tricky area. I invite you to look at this piece of board lore. Included are the basic guidelines of what we are accepting the power classes of unicorns to be. We do not allow Alpha class unicorns (unicorns comparable to Twilight) or anything above to be added to the Mane RP period. We allow all other classes though, but prefer beta class unicorns to be apped sparingly. As you can see, teleportation is one of the skills by which we gauge the class of a particular unicorn.

Now given your character's primary focus seems more on the music than the magic, I'm not sure how important it is for him to be a particularly skilled magic user. Very limited teleportation (a small number of feet at a time) would be the absolute limit, but if it's important to you, it could still maybe be included. Overall though, I would consider downplaying the emphasis on magic in the app.

while looking at the 'board' i my self would place him around a higher gamma, but not quite Beta. like i you said. only a couple feet at max. like i said before, its not like he's going around blasting holes in walls with lasers or turning cake into giant 30 foot tall monsters. XD

on another topic once (or if) this app gets accepted how would i go around joining an RP?

Okay, I think you're good there.

As for how you join RPs, if you find an RP marked as Open in its title, you're free to just jump into is and start writing posts. If it's marked as Invite, you should PM the person who started the thread to see if they want you in first. If it's marked closed, you probably shouldn't bother. You're also free to start your own threads if you rather and have others join it.

Using the OOC section in the RP Forum is often a good idea if you want to work out something in advance with other players if you want to start a new thread rather than joining an existing one.

Hope that helps. :)

Okay, I think you're good there.

As for how you join RPs, if you find an RP marked as Open in its title, you're free to just jump into is and start writing posts. If it's marked as Invite, you should PM the person who started the thread to see if they want you in first. If it's marked closed, you probably shouldn't bother. You're also free to start your own threads if you rather and have others join it.

Using the OOC section in the RP Forum is often a good idea if you want to work out something in advance with other players if you want to start a new thread rather than joining an existing one.

Hope that helps. :)

Okay, thanks for everything :smirk: