My Paper Pony-The paper heroes gather.... (OPEN!)

SilverSwirl

(OoC Note: This rp operates in a world nearly identical to Paper Mario. Have fun!

OoC thread and character reservations go here: )

Equestria was in chaos. The land that was once in 3 dimensions, is now flat and with paper textures. The Princesses knew not what had occurred but knew that this wasn't Discord's doing. The magical signature was foreign to them, and filled with malicious intent. They sent for Twilight and her friends at once to wield the elements and restore their world.

Whilst the Princesses sent for Twilight, a turtle on a broomstick cackled evil laughter as she made a rip in the background. Through the rip, Bowser squeezed through, breaking the 4th wall in such a way that Pinkie would have been proud. "BWAHAHAHA! With this rod, I'll make this my new kingdom!", he exclaimed triumphantly before making a beeline to the Everfree Forest as the rip closed on it's own. Before the rip closed completely, Mario jumped through but because he did not have the Star Rod, was transformed into a red, short pony with a red cap. "Mama Mia!", he cried in shock before fainting.

(Taking Applejack only, other Apple members open; just using them for this first scene)

Applejack was bucking trees in the orchard as usual when a rift came and went in an instant, turning everything two-dimensional. She didn't notice this until she bucked and hit thin air (geddit?). She tried again and missed. Frustrated, she turned around to see that, straight behind her, there was no tree. It was just the side of some paper.

"What in tarnation is goin' on!?" She looked down to see only one side of herself, lifting her hooves as they appeared restricted to moving upward. It was completely awkward to do and unfamiliar, seeing as how everything was paper. She hurried to the barnhouse to alert the others, who were already reacting to their new papery surroundings.

"Dis confahnded new...paper stuff...all around is...mighty weird," Granny Smith said.

"Eeyup," replied Big Macintosh.

"Ah think it's kinda neat!" Apple Bloom said.

Applejack went back outside to see Kammy and Bowser fly off, but wondered what they were or who they were. A cry was heard out in the field, and Applejack hurried out to see the plumber pony passed out in the orchard. She took him on her back and headed into town to alert the others of what was going on other than the fact that they were all two-dimensional.

Waking up on Applejack's back, Mareio had no idea where he was, but it looked familiar to him. "Mama Mia, it looks a lot like the Mushroom Kingdom!", he said while Applejack carried him toward town. Why do I have hooves though? Is this one of Bowser's wishes from the Star Rod?", he thought to himself. He was grateful for whoever picked him up and was carrying him currently as he was a bit dizzy from the trip through the rift.

"Thanka so much a for to carrying me, whoever you are! Itsa me, Mareio!", he exclaimed gratefully to Applejack.

(Note: I'll only use colors from here on to differentiate between characters. One character means their text is black.)

"Mareio, huh? Ain't ever heard of you before...but mah name's Applejack. An'...the Mushroom Kingdom? Never heard'a that place before. Is it somewhere out by Griffon territory? Anyway...I'm takin' you inta town so somepony can help out with this. Hopefully, Twilight has some explanation for why everything looks like a paper prop 'round here...ourselves included."

Applejack continued hauling Mareio until they were in town and headed for the library tree. She knocked on the door, hoping for a quick answer.

"Twi? Spike? You in there?"

Mama Mia! It's the BeanBean kingdom all over again!, Mareio thought as he listened to Applejack. This was confusing to him, everything was paper, but no one recognized him! It was also frustrating, he had Bowser on the ropes and then Bowser had to get away with the Star Rod!

Giving a frustrated grunt, he replied to Applejack, "Well, Applejack, I better explain what has happened. I was pursuing a great turtle with a spiked shell. He is my nemesis, Bowser, who I have butted heads with since we were both very young. He's always hatching these evil schemes and I am the one who keeps foiling his plans. Where I come from, he made the world paper with the Star Rod, a rod that grants wishes through the power of the star spirits. It appears that he has done the same here once again!". He jumped off her back with a "Boing!" sound effect as Applejack knocked on the door. Normally he would have Peach kidnapped by now but she isn't here!, he thought as he became concerned.

He decided to ask Applejack while they waited for Twilight to answer, "You wouldn't happen to have a Princess for a ruler, would you?". His face was very concerned as he jumped high into the air, used to being a paper cutout and landing. Please say no for the love of mushrooms!

Mareio facehoofed at this new information. Here we go again..., he thought with a groan. "Um, I should also have mentioned that Bowser has a thing kidnapping Princesses. 9 times out of ten, when Bowser does something mean and evil in the Mushroom Kingdom, my Princess Toadstool gets kidnapped by him. The other one out of ten times, he wants to challenge me in tennis or some other sport.", he explained to Applejack before adjusting his hat.

Applejack listened to Mareio and his explanation about Bowser's possible plot to kidnap the princesses. She couldn't help but try to stifle laughs as she thought of how plausible it was that a turtle monster would kidnap the rulers of day and night itself. Finally, she couldn't hold back any longer.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Good-good one, there...lemme say it again. They control the Sun an' the Moon. If some overgrown tortoise wants ta kidnap THEM, he's in for quite the rodeo ta put it lightly."