[Everfree] Check Up (Closed)

Corsair

Fluttershy stood at the edge of the Everfree Forest. She shuffled her hooves nervously, gazing into the darkness that always seemed to loom among the spooky old trees. Logically, she knew that the path she was to take was safe. She also knew that she had many friends that would help her should something happen. But sometimes it was tough to overcome her natural fear. The Everfree was just... SPOOKY.

The yellow pegasus took a few deep breaths. Then, with an audible squeak, she forced her hooves to move. Once she passed under the canopy, her resistance eased a bit, but her head still snapped around at any sudden noise. After several minutes, she finally worked herself up to a trot down the path.

Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief when she reached her destination. Surveying the hut before her, she tired to imagine why she had thought it scary the first time she'd come here. Well, a lot of that fear had come from the misconceptions she'd had about the zebra that lived here. Now that she knew that zebra much better, any fear of her home had disappeared. Fluttershy approached the carved door, then lightly rapped it with a hoof. "Um, Zecora? Are you home?" she called out, politely.

• 2 weeks later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

BrightEyes ran around the hut letting out happy little fox yips and yaps, before finally leaping over the bubbling Cauldron in the middle of the hut and landing on the Zebra’s back, biting her ear gently and tugging letting out another bark noise. Zecora blinked and chuckled “Ah Bright Eyes have no fear! It’s our good friend Fluttershy whom is here!” She said as she went to open the hut door for the yellow filly, a smile on her face “Good to see you Fluttershy! Thanks so much for coming by!”The Grey fox yapped and hopped off Zecora’s back starting to run around Fluttershy’s ankles, before leaping up on her back and rubbing against her cheek affectionately, Fluttershy had saved him from some horrid Timberwolves and he had never forgotten her kindness and probably never well.. “I am sure you can tell that BrightEyes is feeling well” Zecora commented due to the spunky little fox’s up beat attitude and enthusiastic sounds of excitement.

• 3 weeks later...

As the door to the zebra's cottage opened, a grey streak shot between Fluttershy's hooves and leaped onto her back. "Good morning, Zecora!" Fluttershy said with a smile. She then turned her head to rub a cheek against the fox on her back. "And hello to you too, Bright Eyes! I hope you're not getting into too much trouble with Zecora!" she teased. Foxes were known to be mischief makers; the brighter they were, the more trouble they got into.

Fluttershy trotted into the exotically decorated hut with Bright Eyes along for the ride. "Oh, I'm sure he's fine," she said to Zecora, "But, um... I'd just feel terrible if I missed something before, and I just wanted to give him a check up... um, if that's ok..."

• 2 months later...

Zecorafbanner.jpg

"It is more than alright! For you to take the time out of your day ? It's a delight!" Zecora said and chuckled, watching the small fox eagerly stay on Fluttershy's back. He obviously was very fond of her since she had helped him from a very unfortunate circumstance, his leg was healed and he was bright eyed and bushy-tailed but it never hurt to have an expert like Fluttershy make sure there were no hidden problems, because Zecora had become very attached to the mischievous little fox and wanted to insure him the very best of care.